2020 Kentucky Derby

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

2020 Kentucky Derby

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats to some of our own fellow Simsters who own shares in today's Kentucky Derby winner, Authentic!! What a crazy, exciting day!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: 2020 Kentucky Derby

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Regina has to hear about my negativity but congrats to her Kentucky derby win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Regina for who you are!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I can't believe I own part of a Real Life Derby Winner before I own a SIM one LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm a Derby winning owner! And I had another colt win at Del Mar! It's been a dang good day!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gary Giacalone
Two Year Old

Post by Gary Giacalone »

Congrats for those who own part of Authentic. Wish you the best of luck with this horse going forward. Great job.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I can't believe I own part of a Real Life Derby Winner before I own a SIM one LOL
Ditto!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Truly awesome! Congrats to all involved and best of luck in the future!
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

This all sounds extremely exciting. Can someone share the entire back story and all those involved? I had cheap claimers and the excitement in winning those races was extreme so this has to be off the charts! Congratulations to all who were/are part of the wonderful journey.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Can someone share the entire back story and all those involved? I
Sent you a private message.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Congratulations all. I just got in on three two year olds and am excited about the rest of this year and next. I can only hope we are nearly as successful as you. We've only had one of them make one start so far and even though it didn't go the greatest, it was a thrill watching MY HORSE run on TV. Now, mind you I only own like 0.2%. I figure that is about half of their left hooves, lol.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Regina Moore wrote: 3 years ago
I’m sure many of us would like to hear that story. I’ve never been this close to Derby winning owners! Very exciting!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

It’s very cool to see simsters a win a real life Derby! Congrats guys!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago
Regina Moore wrote: 3 years ago
I’m sure many of us would like to hear that story. I’ve never been this close to Derby winning owners! Very exciting!
There are 5-6 SIMsters who have bought in on My Racehorse horses. It's micro shares of a racehorse around $200 a pop, and they offer anything from unraced horses to horses already stakes winners. You don't get any money back and your "share" works out to be about a single hair, but you get special updates and videos and the ability to say you own a share of a horse like this. Nice people run it... when they aren't stealing my photos, ha.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago I'm a Derby winning owner! And I had another colt win at Del Mar! It's been a dang good day!
Are you in on Tizamagician as well? He went sooooo much better under DVD! I hope that's a sign of good things to come.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

You don't get any money back and your "share" works out to be about a single hair, but you get special updates and videos and the ability to say you own a share of a horse like this. Nice people run it... when they aren't stealing my photos, ha.
[/quote]

I've made a little money back. They pay a dividend after each race, so long as the horse's account still has enough for his expenses. I've gotten about $70 back in total so far on $800 so it isn't much.