Future Superstar Filly???

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Future Superstar Filly???

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I'm not sure how this wasn't highlighted somewhere in the SIM, but Stephen Saratoga just had a yearling sell to Laura Ferguson for $29,999,999 (not sure if this might be the most paid for a non-Steward bred yearling). This is, and might always be, the only mating between two Triple Crown winners in SIMHorseRacing history. The yearling, Owl Fly Away is by Dragonfly out of the super mare Owl Let You Know. Owl Let You Know has already produced SC Classic and Desert World Cup winner Delirium. Owl Fly Away galloped freak (surprise, suprise) and will probably sprout wings in the next few weeks.

There was a real life mating between TC winner, Secretariat and filly TC winner Chris Evert, a filly named Six Crowns. Six Crowns was a stakes winner but was better as a broodmare being the dam of the multiple G1 winner of $2.1 million, Chief's Crown and another G1 winner, filly Classic Crown.

Owl Fly Away is already on my alerts and will be there for her entire carrier. Should be fun!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Future Superstar Filly???

Post by The Steward »

I wish we still had the list somewhere of top prices ever. I know Eric paid a few 30 millions for fillies from the Wonder line, but that list has long since been abandoned since it wasn't automatic. I think this is the most paid for a non-Steward-bred that the Steward didn't also buy (waves), and agree it could be the only mating between Triple Crown winners.... ever???? Amazing I love it.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I wish we still had the list somewhere of top prices ever. I know Eric paid a few 30 millions for fillies from the Wonder line, but that list has long since been abandoned since it wasn't automatic. I think this is the most paid for a non-Steward-bred that the Steward didn't also buy (waves), and agree it could be the only mating between Triple Crown winners.... ever???? Amazing I love it.
I'm glad you said the list isn't around any more - I was looking for that list yesterday. I tend to think this is a record for a non-steward bred, absent anything the Steward bought. Since it was an old-school style of bidding, I decided to err on the side of going too high to make sure I got her.

I want to say that the most expensive horse on the list was $60 million, but I can't remember who it was. Eric paid $58.5 million for Sleep Soundly, who earned $1 million on the track, and then produced Derby winner Doc Halladay. He also paid $31 million for Asleep As I Am, who won $2+ million on the track, and produced $5 million earner and Steward's Cup Classic winner Ice and Fire.

Excited to see where she takes me!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

There's an old saying in horse racing... lol.

The sport that turns billionaires into millionaires. ;)

Seriously though...the long term earnings from a great mare can carry on for decades here in the Sim and eventually the purchase price is paid for, plus some.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I can say from experience that spend a ton of money is no guarantee of future success. Any horse is a gamble at $30M, even one as well bred as this. That said, it's not like there's any Steward auctions coming up the rest of the year and Laura certainly can afford it, so why not take a shot? Likely the only opportunity she'll have to own a daughter of Owl Let You Know
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Eric bought the last foal from Opa's Cadeau, Lily's Gift, for $7 mil and she was a HTT I believe.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚