Owners of Arc runners what would you chose?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Owners of Arc runners what would you chose?

Post by Stormy Peak »

It's a big race...deserves a few days of attention : )

THE ARC

Eight years ago, The Steward upped the ante with an increase in the purse if 10 millionaires entered the race, then upped it again if 12 filled out the race. (12 being the limit back then).

At the time I had a millionaire turf mare who was retiring that year, and while I didn't think she had a chance of winning, I put her in the get the field up to 12. Her name was Forgave, and she's the great granddam of both Mal and Roughian : D

As part of that thread... I suggested owners pick a theme song for their horse...something played as an intro when they came onto the trace for post parade 8-) Thought it would be fun to try it again.

Anyone have a special song they think represents their horse?

The Field So Far

A Choice of Evils
Always You
Fade to Black - FADE TO BLACK (Metallica, Imperial March from Star Wars)
Improvisational - DU HAST (Rammstein)
It Is Written - POR TI VOLARE (Andrea Bocelli)
Kitty Kitty Kitten KITTY KITTY KITTEN (ad jingle)
Longbird - MY WAY (Frank Sinatra)
Mal -- BAD TO THE BONE (George Thorogood And The Destroyers)
Manic -- MANIC (Coleman Hell)
Men Stroll Rage -- IN HELL I'LL BE IN GOOD COMPANY (The Deep South)
Moulay El Hassan
Rhys -- WARRIORS (League of Legends)
Roughian -- BAD REPUTATION (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts)
With Drama - LOCOMOTIVE BREATH (Jethro Tull)
Yang Wenli - ACROSS THE BRIDGE OF LIGHT (Ogura Kei, Legend of Galactic Heroes end theme)

-------------
Hope others step in and give some suggestions too!

Here's the link to that old thread. Page 6 is where we start talking about music intros onto the track music.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25273&hilit=Forgave+music

Roughian complained that the last time she was in Paris, she didn't get any designer shoes...it's Paris !!! and bling for the feet is almost a requirement!

I told her, she couldn't run 1 1/2 miles in heels. Forget It !

Then, to stop the temper tantrum she was about to unleash when I told her 'No.' on the shoes...I allowed Roughian to go to the same spot her great granddam, Forgave, went to when she was in Paris 8 years ago.

Yes, she got her nails done. She even gloated at how expensive it was ($400 per foot) - I can't complain though, she earned every penny of it. : )

Roughian loves the look, even if it's showing off a bit more of her girly side than she usually does:

Stormy : )
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 15 times in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Owners of Arc runners what would you chose?

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Kitty Kitty Kitten has to have the actual jingle from a Kitty Kitty Kittens commercial. I can see it now, all these other horses with these serious badass themes, then Kitty Kitty Kitten struts onto the track as a cheesy children's toy commerical jingle blasts from all the speakers at Paris Race Park, with much bemusement and/or amusement!
I have a stable full of cats
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago Kitty Kitty Kitten has to have the actual jingle from a Kitty Kitty Kittens commercial. I can see it now, all these other horses with these serious badass themes, then Kitty Kitty Kitten struts onto the track as a cheesy children's toy commerical jingle blasts from all the speakers at Paris Race Park, with much bemusement and/or amusement!
Also, everyone sees me standing at trackside, and I start throwing actual Kitty Kitty Kitten toys into the crowd to my adoring fans. I probably spent about 5 grand on eBay getting all these toys just for this moment, but what's five grand to a Derby winning breeder/owner/trainer?
I have a stable full of cats
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago Kitty Kitty Kitten has to have the actual jingle from a Kitty Kitty Kittens commercial. I can see it now, all these other horses with these serious badass themes, then Kitty Kitty Kitten struts onto the track as a cheesy children's toy commerical jingle blasts from all the speakers at Paris Race Park, with much bemusement and/or amusement!
LOL...that's cute. Also, my golden retriever came into the computer room as I started to play the YouTube clip. He started to bark at the kitty kitty kittens....LOL.

AU is entertaining to watch when animals are on the computer monitor...he barks at them...elephants, dogs, cats, wart hogs...and now fake kitties. lol.

If you throw a kitty kitty kitten my direction...can I be a choosing beggar and ask for a grey tuxedo ? :D

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’m just excited to be here. Year two as an official fake horse owner, I think my papers are still hot from the printer. I stole a clunker from Mike, whose turned into a decent horse. Double improver, bred for the distance and this race in particular. Springer and I have worked hard to get to this point and I’m just enjoying the week and the experience.
;p
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Manic's theme song is the song he was named after :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD1TgRPHlGk Manic by Coleman Hell

Its not like a song that would be played to pump you up though haha

For Rhys, I'd pick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-KAldshAE which is Warriors by League of Legends ft 2WEI and Edda Hayes
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nena, the feel of that song Warriors...reminds me a little of the Viking's rather sad/ominous theme song, "If I Had A Heart" (Fever Ray)

Longbird suggestion? ... Given the way Danny's horse has been rampaging through the various surfaces and destroying many in his path... this song about the Mongolians defeating any enemy thrown at them and conquering all in their way ...Wolf Totem (The Hu) has a cool screeching hawk as part of it's intro, too.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Fade to Black - the Imperial March from Star Wars

It Is Written - Por ti Volare
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Fade to Black - the Imperial March from Star Wars

I always have the Metallica song Fade to Black playing in my head when I see his name; it never occurred to me his song would be anything else. LOL.

Laura
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Fade to Black - the Imperial March from Star Wars

I always have the Metallica song Fade to Black playing in my head when I see his name; it never occurred to me his song would be anything else. LOL.

Laura
I’ve never heard it. I guess that’s what is coming up next on my playlist!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Official, radio friendly, all age appropriate, Men Stroll Rage for real this time- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I have never heard of The Deep South. I liked that song, pretty nice what they came up with using just a cello being strummed, and a banjo (odd mixture, but it works) and the video was funny...those backup dancers/singers had me laughing a few times.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

It’s actually not a cello, but a stand up bass. Good blue grass, gospel, just old school instrument. They’re a Canadian folk band with some good songs, some questionable lyrics, and funny videos.
;p
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

i love this song anyway, but it's a great theme for a closer.... when WIth Drama makes his move, I hope the front runners feel his

LOCOMOTIVE BREATH
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions