A BIT OF A HEADSCRATCHER?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: A BIT OF A HEADSCRATCHER?

Post by The Steward »

Michael Looker wrote: 3 years ago
Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago I dont know how you all keep track of your yearlings without a name ??? Numbers are too confusing.

I don't know why the default naming rules changed, but hopefully it was for an important "make the SIM work better" reason to make up for the fact it makes keeping track of unnamed horses a lot trickier.
It was important, actually - people were constantly getting "This name is already in use" when breeding at the end of the year, and that can't happen anymore (in theory).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I wish the default name was like Dam's Name's Foal ex: Elixir's Foal instead of Horse 394837281917374. That way I can be like 'oooh that random horse I didnt name has an important mom'
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago I wish the default name was like Dam's Name's Foal ex: Elixir's Foal instead of Horse 394837281917374. That way I can be like 'oooh that random horse I didnt name has an important mom'
Oh to have so many important moms that it's hard to keep track lol. With the exception of my Defoe Steward-bred I am pretty much happier NOT pondering who the dams are on most of mine :).
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago I wish the default name was like Dam's Name's Foal ex: Elixir's Foal instead of Horse 394837281917374. That way I can be like 'oooh that random horse I didnt name has an important mom'
Oh to have so many important moms that it's hard to keep track lol. With the exception of my Defoe Steward-bred I am pretty much happier NOT pondering who the dams are on most of mine :).
LOL I dont really but I have some sentimental favorites :) which is what I mean by important!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

839 foals on the ground and named so far this season. The way I do it is breed, set distance, set home, and name, then on to the next.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

a, b, c, d, e, f, g ..........
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Michael Looker wrote: 3 years ago
I don't know why the default naming rules changed, but hopefully it was for an important "make the SIM work better" reason to make up for the fact it makes keeping track of unnamed horses a lot trickier.
It was important, actually - people were constantly getting "This name is already in use" when breeding at the end of the year, and that can't happen anymore (in theory).
Cool. I got the "This name is already in use" every now and then and didn't think it was that big a deal, but getting rid of things that could annoy players is a good reason for changing stuff.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I’ll just note that it’s probably not a good idea to vape before attempting anything requiring brain activity. That is all
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

i cant lie i just keyboard smash for names some times hence a lot of my horses with names like kljxfgkip and xklfgh