Does A+ breeding even exist?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Joe Hernandez
Sprinter

Does A+ breeding even exist?

Post by Joe Hernandez »

I know I am still new to the game but does the A+ breeding nick really exist and does it garuantee a Stakes or Freak? Just wondering.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Does A+ breeding even exist?

Post by Dave Trainer »

It exists but no guarantee on what it will bring.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

They do exist, but like Dave said, there are no gurantees. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1282082 is an A +, but at Festivus, he could be a different career.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Mostly exist in Chase and mixed breeds as well. I’ve only ever heard of one A+ outside of those divisions
yeah
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Mostly exist in Chase and mixed breeds as well. I’ve only ever heard of one A+ outside of those divisions
I heard she sucks too. No freaks yet
;p
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

A/A+ hypos just set you up for disappointment lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I really believe hypomates are overrated. There are tons of horses who outperform their hypos, and when it comes to individual breedings, I don't even consider them. Fully agree with Nena's above statement.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Follow up question. If a mare is a "blue hen" would you expect her to have at least an A- hypo with one or more of the top stallions in her division? I came across a blue hen this year that hypos and has produced more along the lines of the formidables that I own. Wondering if that is fairly common?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yeah.
;p
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago Follow up question. If a mare is a "blue hen" would you expect her to have at least an A- hypo with one or more of the top stallions in her division? I came across a blue hen this year that hypos and has produced more along the lines of the formidables that I own. Wondering if that is fairly common?
Not very common, hens usually hypo pretty well in my experience. Even when they aren’t great I usually get an A- with top studs.
yeah
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago Follow up question. If a mare is a "blue hen" would you expect her to have at least an A- hypo with one or more of the top stallions in her division? I came across a blue hen this year that hypos and has produced more along the lines of the formidables that I own. Wondering if that is fairly common?
It's definitely possible in some divisions. I see this the most with blue hens that have obscure or "old" pedigrees. The newer, "hotter" sirelines will generally hypo better. Mares like this can be sucker bets, so to speak... especially if they have very little quality on the dam's side. That's not to say that they can't or won't produce anything useful, but be very cautious about getting spendy.

Alternatively, sometimes when there's a puzzling one like that, it might be worth a look to see if she has some different surface or distance possibilities in her pedigree. Maybe her real potential isn't in the most obvious place.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I've found that if the mare has a somewhat unusual pedigree (especially sire line) they will have more B+ than A-. Black Comet is an example of this (she has a couple of A- nicks, but about 30 B+ nicks- including Itoko, which produced Black Starfall); interestingly the one A- nick I've used has produced a "solid" foal, but B+ nicks have produced a stakes & a freak.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

All helpful info, thank you! After I got ahold of this mare I puzzled over what to do with her. Wound up doing my own nicking based on both her sire, dam, and maternal and paternal aunts. Ran the data a bunch of different ways and got the same stallion each time, so that is who I sent her to. Of course, regardless of how the foal turns out I'll never know if it is logic or luck getting that result.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

It exists, but the only thing it guarantees is more disappointment :D
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago It exists, but the only thing it guarantees is more disappointment :D
Its only a disappointment if you expect a great foal. If you know that you can get anything from a claimer to a freak, not so much.