Now I’ve had the year of my life...No, I’ve never had one like this before...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Now I’ve had the year of my life...No, I’ve never had one like this before...

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Okay random song adaptations aside I can not believe the year I had! I seriously doubt I can replicate it any time soon haha

I cut my starts by almost half from last year (444 down from 838), but only earned 1.5 million less. I’ve managed my career highest WIN% with 30.4%, as well as my career highest OTB% with 61.3%. I had 47 stakes wins, only 3 down from last year.

My biggest achievement is this year I earned almost as many G1 wins as the rest of my career combined! I had 12 G1 wins this year, and my previous career total was 15 :shock:

When compared to other Advanced Players’ G1 victories I won double the next highest (6). When compared to All Players I tied for 7th overall with some really big names: Kent Saunders, and Louise Bayou. Just Thoroughbreds? Tied for 8th, again, with some really big names: Cleo Patra, Laura Smith, and Nina Olson. TBH I am in disbelief of some of the players I won more TB G1 wins than...Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

The best part about all those G1 wins? They were ALL with homebreds! Switch the rankings type to Breeder and BAM. I am 4th for G1 wins with TB Homebreds (I really wish steeplechasers were separate here :twisted: looking at you Lucas and possibly Private person haha). Change it to Any Breed, and I’m still 4th :D

This year my Grade 1 Win were with:

DASH
56.8.5 - Instant Millions Juvenile (91sf, 1 3/4 lengths)
56.11.5 - White Diamond Stakes (87sf, 1/2 length)

DREAMING UP WISHES
56.16.5 - Birthday Candles Stakes (93sf, head)

FOR EV ER
56.5.5 - Great White Plate (91sf, 1 1/4 lengths)

GOOD AS HELL
56.12.5 - London Debutante (82sf, 2 lengths)
56.14.5 - Paris Grand Criterium (86sf, 1 3/4 lengths)

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
56.16.1 - Los Campeones Juvenile Fillies (88sf, 1 1/4 lengths)

ROCKSLIDE
56.10.3 - Painted Derby (96sf, 1/2 length)
56.16.3 - Steward’s Cup Paint Sprint (97sf, neck)

SCHWANKY
56.5.5 - Gold Reef Mile Stakes (91sf, 1 1/2 lengths)
56.8.5 - Inglewood Mile (88sf, 1 1/4 lengths)
56.13.5 - The Arcadia Ladies Turf Mile (91sf, 1 3/4 lengths)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Now I’ve had the year of my life...No, I’ve never had one like this before...

Post by Gwen Morse »

Amazing results Rochelle.

I hope you do even better next season.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Now I’ve had the year of my life...No, I’ve never had one like this before...

Post by Lori Hamill »

An amazing and wonderful year, Rochelle, congratulations! All homebreds!!!!! Yay!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I suspect that there's even more amazing things in your future. :)
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

You deserve it Rochelle just for giving all the horses no one else wants a home 🐎🐎
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Still fails behind how nice a person you are ,xxx
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Really impressive stats.
I will aim for 13 grade one wins next year... :)

I also love your naming skills. You are probably top 3 in that category too :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

John Nicholson wrote: 3 years ago You deserve it Rochelle just for giving all the horses no one else wants a home 🐎🐎
Very true, and such a big help to me this year. Congrats and onward and upward.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Nice year Rochelle, I think a big maybe even bigger congrats should go out to Polk Buffalo. He’s also an Advanced player and one of the nicest people I’ve talked to on this game and man did he have a year!

Polk brought 4 trophies home to his trophy case including 3 Steward’s Cups and brought home 105 stakes wins(just 3 more than Flizan who also had a stellar year) this placed them well ahead of any Advanced Player’s in stakes wins and even in the top 10 overall! Heckuva year!
yeah
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

John Nicholson wrote: 3 years ago You deserve it Rochelle just for giving all the horses no one else wants a home
Having a way to cheaply get rid of horses that just can't earn, instead of either having to keep paying to board them or paying to send them to AJ, is a huge service to the community.

Thank you for doing this.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Man what a year for everyone! Crazy! I brought home 2 trophies and 4 g1 wins! Topped the qh rankings for AEPS by a huge margin. Then there was devons double winning the trot triple with all record times! What Danny derpy did this year and all his trophies and wins and earnings! No one in the top 20 of earning has less than 1000 starts except one lone trainer!
;p
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Thanks guys 🥰 I’m still on cloud 9 about the whole thing!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

This is amazing and 3 g1 wins more than me as well and here I thought I had a good year tiing with my 2 best years in number of g1 wins
Just remember I thought you everrything I know which to be honest was not that much since the student has passed the teacher already but you better accknowledge this when you win sim trainer of the year :D

Jokes asside what you have done is truly remarkable as It took me years to get a homebred that was good enough to win 1 g1 let alone 12 in one season
Still look at my season as pretty good too though

5 new trophies
including the saudi turf mile, the emo mile and 3 stew cups and yeah all of those things were with homebreds as well
Trotter Triple crown winner
more stakes wins than I have had in years and only surpassed by year where I ran 3 times as many horses
very close to my best percentages ever in win and otb
and I had a fantastic standardbred trotter year it might not look all that good if you look on the stats but that is only because I only ran 30 races as I dont have that many trotters running yet but the stat that do look good for me is average earnings per start where I am at 30k per start and that is almost20k better than anyone else
do I hear standarbred trainer of the yearr haha probably not I have to few starts for that

and now I totallly Hijacked Rocchelle thread and made it all about me haha

Sorry Rochelle you are truly remarrkable
Last edited by Sten Rino Haakonsen 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Man what a year for everyone! Crazy! I brought home 2 trophies and 4 g1 wins! Topped the qh rankings for AEPS by a huge margin. Then there was devons double winning the trot triple with all record times! What Danny derpy did this year and all his trophies and wins and earnings! No one in the top 20 of earning has less than 1000 starts except one lone trainer!
Nice job! My barn had 2 SC trophies and I think 5 G1 QH wins. You got 33 more races in than me too. Well done chief!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

just realised all 9 of my g1 wins this year was with homebreds as well
hmmm are the stew breds slacking or have Just gotten worrse at buyinng them lol