Year 57 Goals

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: Year 57 Goals

Post by Diane Townsend »

Not to **** up my SC winner in his 3yo season.
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

1) Don't go broke
2) Don't go broke
3) Win at least 1 stake with each of my 3 remaining lease horses
4) Buy 1 more nice TR mare (see 1&2 above)
5) Try to get $1m in earnings again
6) Get the win % back to 30% or greater with OTB 60% or higher, I've been stinking up the joint lately
7) Really, don't go broke
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

I want to hit $3 million in earnings and maintain $5k+/start and an OTB over 50%. Also, I got my first G1 last year but my goal will be to snag another G1 next year while matching my total stakes wins from this year.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Nothing lofty. Just have a better year than 56 was. Wasn't good.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

1) Get Wizard's Council to 350k+ earnings.
2) Not sure what's reasonable for earnings now that the easy Trial Park money is gone, but I'll say 2 million (which is less than the 2.5 I earned this season).
3) Breed. Breed a lot. But like Kelly said above, don't go broke from it.
4) Get braver about racing my contenders in stakes instead of hiding in allowances.
5) Get at least one G1 win.

I'll be racing my first homebreds this season so I'm not sure what kind of goals are realistic given that most are milers or routers, but let's say at least one two year-old maiden winner I bred myself. If I get an early win I'll set a second goal of ten homebred maiden winners.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Get the foundations built to take on the Awesome Four-some of trotter racing in year 58
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Valar’s SC win was my 170th lifetime G1 win and my 9th lifetime SC win. I’d like to get to 180 G1 wins and my 10th SC win. Also hoping I cross the 2000 lifetime winners line by the end of the 57 season.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

-As always have a greater than $10,000 earnings per start.
-Keep my win percentage greater than 25% (Yr 56 best yet at 27.1%)
-Make $3 million + in earnings.
-Get TC win/wins with Wonderful Saint (SC Juvy winner!!!)
-Manage Run Like a Thief to a SC Juvy win.
-Figure out As People See Me.
-Have fun!!!

PS What Danny D. did this year was pretty amazing; limited stable, $23.7 million in only 397 starts, running only thoroughbreds in the toughest divisions, 22 G1s is tops for thoroughbreds only, $59,631 earnings per start!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Valar’s SC win was my 170th lifetime G1 win and my 9th lifetime SC win. I’d like to get to 180 G1 wins and my 10th SC win. Also hoping I cross the 2000 lifetime winners line by the end of the 57 season.
I am at 1,978 wins.

:shock:

I have 9 G1 wins.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You’re welcome
;p
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Valar’s SC win was my 170th lifetime G1 win and my 9th lifetime SC win. I’d like to get to 180 G1 wins and my 10th SC win. Also hoping I cross the 2000 lifetime winners line by the end of the 57 season.
I am at 1,978 wins.

:shock:

I have 9 G1 wins.
Trust me. It’s just luck. Half those G1s are from like 2 families of horses that I’ve struck gold on 🤣
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Maybe I'll stop worrying about AEPS and just run everything.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

My 3 goals....
~try to keep most of my earnings. :P
I gave a Lot of money away to help people this year...going to be a little more scroogie this coming year....
plus I spent a ton of money at the exchange for GPs to make it quicker and easier to figure out equipment...when GPs for that should be my last resort. And I ended up breeding a lot of mares to expensive stallions.
~I'm pretty sure I want to buy another farm...so that's the reason for the above. : )

~I also want to see a bigger win percentage. I had Roughian and Mal in big races and sometimes on results nights, I was making almost $400K to $500K in earnings...but with only 1 or 2 of like 20 horses actually winning. On SC Friday...between Asia, Europe, Pacific and the USA races - I won almost a million dollars but only 3 horses won...and none were Mal or Roughian...but they finished well enough to be earn a lot of money.

More of a want than a goal...
I of course, want to see Roughian hit that $10 Million mark....but given the way Spa Chan is running...it might be Spa Chan who nails that honor. : ) I still find it amazing that no mare has ever done that since the beginning of the Sim. Roughian will be 6 years old, Spa Chan only 4. Hopefully one of them will do it...although, Danny's never stated that is a goal...I'm pretty sure he would love it if his mare broke that record : )

And another want... I really would love to see Mal win the Arc. I am hoping he just had one of those weird clunkers in the last Arc. He managed to run 2 miles in the Melbourne Trophy and finished a close 2nd. So the 1 1/2 mile mark should be within his range of distance.

And, any SC Win would be great. I have Aloft, who might be a great dirt marathoner in his 4th year, his little brother Leto will be 3 and I hope he does well. I have a, hopefully up and coming, 3 year old turf router filly, Rihanna who finished 2nd in the Bunburette and also some 2 yr old 'Foremost pedigree line' fillies who are looking good:
~Extreme Ways -- Freak (half to Foretold)
~Outlawed -- Stakes (full sister to Roughian, and 1/2 sibling to Mal)
~A Few Mistakes Ago --Stakes (half to the above mentioned Rihanna)

I almost can't wait to see how they will run.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

To have my expense equal my earnings .

To actually enter all my stake and freaks and not give them 6 weeks between races lol

To win the TR stew cup ...oh wait I don’t have any of them so guess I failed at my goals already.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

My goal is to not have any goals. Shoot, I messed that up already! At least the pressure is off!!!

Realistically, I just had my highest earning year ever, but also had a subpar year in terms of Win and OTB percentages. I'd like to get my percentages back and keep my earnings high.

Also, get Franzia to $5 million in career earnings.

Pick up a few nice yearlings via gallops!