Year 57 Goals

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Year 57 Goals

Post by Danny Derby »

There's a new year coming, and with it new goals. I don't think I can personally top my overall stats from last year, so my goals are focused more on particular horses and races rather than overall.

Win the Steward's Cup Classic or Turf
I've never won the two biggest Steward's Cup races. Hope to finally snag one (or both!) of these trophies.

Win the Derby
This is a goal every year, and always will be.

Don't regret keeping Spe Chan in training
Spe Chan has earned over $5M and won against males three times this year, most notably in the Saudi Cup. My mentality used to be to always retire a good filly at 3, but I've evolved. She rewarded me when I kept in her training at 4. I've had too much fun campaigning her, so a 5 year old campaign is on the horizon. Hoping she can pick up a few more nice wins. Early seasons goals are the Pegasus World Cup and a defense of her Saudi Cup title.

What goals does everyone else have for Year 57?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Year 57 Goals

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Y57 Goals:

Play hard
Have fun
Win the game
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Same
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Hmm let’s see:

-Win% at 25%
-OTB% at 57.5%
-$5 million in earnings
-7 Grade 1 victories
-Arc de Triomphe win
-Steward’s Cup win

Really aiming high so I don’t expect to reach most of these goals, fun to aim for this sort of stuff though!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I need to race and campaign every horse in my barn effectively, not just the good ones.

I want to continue expanding beyond TB dirt routers.

I want to win a Triple Crown or Steward's Cup race.

I want to finally hit 1,000 wins.

But most importantly, I need to put more emotional space between myself and the SIM and take it for what it is - just a game.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I wish I could put "Win the Arc" as a realistic goal here, but I don't think any of my nice fillies can go toe to toe with an Arc field (especially after trying with Kitty Kitty Kitten this year) and my next really nice colt will only be two next year.

I will however put "Win the Desert World Cup and/or SC Classic" on my goals list because I really think Rathalos has a shot next year. The horses that beat him in those races this past year are both retired, so fingers crossed!

I also set a new personal best in G1s won the past year with 7. Let's go for 8 (or more) this upcoming year!

I wanna keep my win% above 35% again. I'd also really like to get my average earnings per start above 40k, since I've done that a couple times before, but that'll take winning races like the World Cup and the SC Classic to do with how many more starts I've had the last couple years than before.

I also want to win a Grade 1 in a division that I've never won a Grade 1 in before. In divisions that I'm actually active in, this would include turf milers, every all weather division, and every non-TB division except for Pacers.
I have a stable full of cats
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Wait patiently for Y58 ...
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

edit the previous writing because they can be interpreted in an inappropriate way

:shock:
Last edited by David Faulkner 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Honestly my main goal is to win a TB Steward Cup race, missed this goal last year by a nose in a photo finish...

I don’t know if I can achieve that, but we’ll see.

I don’t think I can say beat my G1 win tally, cause two of my nice ones got retired this year 😅

So yeah, my goal is win a TB Stewards Cup race.

OH! And thin down my barns more...I feel overwhelmed by the number of horses I own.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago :shock: simple, Be Like Bob Baffert in ALL the context of his SUCCESSES in Real Life :)

And when I talk about Bob Baffert, I mean Real Life

and a 2nd option as Chad Brown

this at the Coach level

as owner and breeder as the best in the USA :)

at the calf level get mares that are in Turf like ENABLE, in Dirt like ZENYATTA, and AW like WISE DAN multisurface

my Jockey have quality in finals like Pat Day M Smith John Velasquez, brothers Ortiz JJ Castellano

being able to find that real life quality in the game

to be able to grow and mature at all levels
a good Breeder, excellent mother mares, great Stallions, and a Hall of Fame with many G1 Cups, and SC

all the excellent that the game can offer, to be able to achieve it, as far as possible, in all the years to come to be able to reap a little of everything
8-)
You will need more drugs in that case.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago :shock: simple, Be Like Bob Baffert in ALL the context of his SUCCESSES in Real Life :)

And when I talk about Bob Baffert, I mean Real Life

and a 2nd option as Chad Brown

this at the Coach level

as owner and breeder as the best in the USA :)

at the calf level get mares that are in Turf like ENABLE, in Dirt like ZENYATTA, and AW like WISE DAN multisurface

my Jockey have quality in finals like Pat Day M Smith John Velasquez, brothers Ortiz JJ Castellano

being able to find that real life quality in the game

to be able to grow and mature at all levels
a good Breeder, excellent mother mares, great Stallions, and a Hall of Fame with many G1 Cups, and SC

all the excellent that the game can offer, to be able to achieve it, as far as possible, in all the years to come to be able to reap a little of everything
8-)
You will need more drugs in that case.
edit the previous writing because they can be interpreted in an inappropriate way

:shock:
Last edited by David Faulkner 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Mara Jade Vess
Miler

Post by Mara Jade Vess »

My two biggest goals will be hoping that I don't scréw up the campaigns of by TC-nominated colt Faded Memory and fast-working Sunrise inthe Dawn.

I'm also going to try to get back into article writing!
At Stud
Chuck Tingle – DR
$7,500
Dream All Day – DR
$12,500

Coming Soon
Y59: Sunrise inthe Dawn – AWR
Y60: Faded Memory – DR

A Complete Historical Guide to the Louisville Derby
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Year 36 Arc...ran 2nd with Jabberwocky, homebred.
Year 41 Arc...ran 3rd with Electric Blue, homebred.
Year 43 Arc...ran 3rd, again with Electric Blue, homebred.
Year 56 Arc...got myself a nice Stewardbred, ran 2nd.

I don’t run unless I feel I have a legitimate chance of winning, here’s hoping Year 57 gives me another reason to run in the Arc ;)
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

My only Year 57 goal is to continue to improve my TR stable, especially with quality broodmares (or more likely fillies with the potential to be good broodmares). I don't expect to light the track on fire this year (or next).

Going to pay a LOT more attention to auctions and claimers, now that I don't have a fantasy contest to take my time.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Hmmmm let's 🙈 Jeaux beats El Dorado in rubber match. That happens ☺️ my season will be made. 😂
I need supervision 24/7. :roll: