Freaks gone

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Freaks gone

Post by Stormy Peak »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 3 years ago Aero got to Freak!!! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1181818 I am so excited for her!! She would be the very FIRST homebred FREAK I have had. I know she has the talent to play, but I will be fair I have mismanaged her 2 and 3 yr old campaigns luckily if I do it right she can still have some success.

BTW HER DAM IS IN MY AUCTION. :)
Congrats on your first homebred freak : )

-------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

I got that Art...... Just have a wee lol problem of a hurricane knocking on my 🚪 tomorrow 🤣😂
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:roll: Well I still have solid and productive claimer horses that were doing workouts, they have time to not have gallop they continue with their last report of gallops, and even with their condition LB Progressive, and Peak, 3 purchases that have not galloped since week 7

I think there is still some hope for a favorable result, I hope the results do not say option career hahaha it would be fatal :lol:

a question this setting is the end of the canter changes, oh is there still the one of week 1 for a new canter which occurs every year? :roll:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 3 years ago I got that Art...... Just have a wee lol problem of a hurricane knocking on my 🚪 tomorrow 🤣😂
:shock: wow friend, it really must be scary, I have never experienced anything like this, once there was a bit of seeing a hurricane, in my city in the late 80s, and it was very uncomfortable, I do not imagine that it must be hit by a hurricane, just imagining it gives chills
:shock:
Trastevere Peru
Miler

Post by Trastevere Peru »

Without words. Freaks really gone¡¡¡
Sure, it's better to know the real horse potential, anyway very sad and so scary for Festivus.
Happy Acting Turf Sprinter 20,000
Dressed in Suits Turf Sprinter 10,000

¨Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus¨
Umberto Eco
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Oh SIM Magic 8-ball, did I just see 40 Freaks go PooF down to 21 Geeks? Response..uh, yeah you did.

Y'all know what a Excel/Numbers wizard I am so All will be happy to know that I crunched some numbers real quick like in a science-y way. Here's what happened to the freaks and all:
Year 56 Gallop name_Year 56%__Year 57 New Name_Year 57%
Claimer____________ 6%_______ Shamer__________ 5%
Solid______________ 10%_______ So-Ekk__________ 9%
Productive_________ 16% _______ Poopy __________ 24%
Allowance_________ 30% ______ All Ow __________ 31%
Stakes____________ 27% ______ Meh Steaks ______ 25%
Freak____________ 11% ______ Faux Freaks ______ 6%

Margin of error: +/ - 22.4% _ and I was told in the second grade that I would never be a mathematician like Michael Dudah. HA!

jX
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Well this should be interesting! I had several TB freaks (most of them DR, one DS) not being freaks anymore. And mixers to of course. I'm happy this guy still remains a freak though... ;)https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241169

Go easy on me this year... I'm already supermemotional and I can't even drench my sorrows in wine! lol
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I only lost a couple freaks. What was most alarming was the number of yearling stakes I had drop to allowance. I had had stakes gallopers in TS, DM, TM, and TR. Apparently not a one of those was legitimate and I am sad. Thought I'd done a better job breeding last year, but apparently I was pretty awful.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

My one freak stayed freaky. My stakes TM boy I've been struggling with stayed a stakes (relieved to learn he's not equivalently an allowance after all).

The pile of DM allowance gallops George Knatz gave me before he left have _mostly_ stayed allowance. About 5 or so went down to productive.

My one Easy Goer granddaughter who was a peak productive stayed a peak productive so there's still hope for my side project.

I still only have two DC's from my yearling/first season homebreds (CAMs don't make good foals ;) ). I didn't have any stakes yearlings. Just eyeballing my homebreds they look pretty similar (A Frank Silence is still an allowance gallop, as is Woman's Travail and a few others who are "hopefuls" as allowance runners who may bloom into stakes later). I'm sure a couple shifted down in their gallops but overall they look pretty similar.

As a new breeder who is still trying to get a feel for the slider, my priorities are very different from people who are actually trying to breed G1 contenders. I'm pretty happy with the results of the gallop changes, because having more reliable gallop ratings is only good/helpful for me.

Commiserations to the people whose hopefuls have been crushed though. Good wishes for your festivus gallops
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Chris Barber
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Chris Barber »

I went from 8 freaks in racing/training barn to 1
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

For the most, my changes were pretty much what I expected. I had 4 yearling stakes drop to allowance. A couple of them had some smart works, so I think they’ll be fine. In my racing barn, a couple of freaks dropped to stakes and that’s to be expected as they age.

The only one I’m concerned about is Avante. She’s a 3 year old DS who I’ve been struggling to find her place in this world. She had some brilliant works as a yearling and she was a late bloomer, stakes gallop. She’s now a freak, at peak. I’m hoping her race record improves along with her gallop, lol.

As Mr. Xett would say, all in fun!
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

Sad day for me, all three of my home-bred freaks dropped to stakes and a stakes yearling I was exited about dropped to allowance. Well at least this explains why my freaks were disappointing a bit on the track, obviously not true freaks as compared to the others. But to be honest there were way to many freaks being bred anyways.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I am thiss close to only racing standardbreds and getting rid of everything else but I probaly wont and lets hope that in the long rrun this is for the best
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

i lost all my freaks in my training barn and 25 stakes for someone with almost all DS this is huge loss as they run in a couple days .

i personally being a larger stable don't have the time or patients to wait for horses to improve this will change the way i play if i play i never run my ale horses.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Of my 6 freaks from last season in my racing barn, one remains but I’m pretty happy about who that is, and she has finally peaked as well so watch out!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1215740

All the rest went down to stakes which I’m not too fussed about. One stakes remains in my yearling barn from the 2 I had previously and she’s still progressive so that’s promising!

All in all, this bit was survivable and not so bad. The yearling Festivus in 22 hours will be a different story though I think.