Freaks gone

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Freaks gone

Post by Art K Stables »

Well it’s good that we find out now than race them and be disappointed then, the real carnage is likely to be when we gallop the yearlings midnight pacific .. the one thing I have is 3 yearlings remained stakes late bloomers while the freak went down to stakes peak , what I take from that is the former freak should do a bit better than the stakes bloomers but that should switch later
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago fakers be gone!! haha
Right?!? As much as having the word freak gone is a shock its a relief(okay it will be after the shock wears off!) too. I had probably 3-4 freak TBs go down to stakes and now I feel like I won't want to punch them in the face nearly as much because they were in NO way running freaky! :P
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

My guess if you have anything outside of dirt route/turf route/dirt sprint, there are few, if any freaks left in the division. I actually ended up better off than I thought I would be, although I took my fair share of downgrades - mostly in the non-route divisions. Had a few late bloomers improve to freak, so we'll see how this all plays out.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I am happy that my decision not to retire my 5yo freak (who will be 6 next year) was a good one as he retained freak status. Maybe I can get The Greatest Show to a million in earnings.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 3 years ago Aero got to Freak!!! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1181818 I am so excited for her!! She would be the very FIRST homebred FREAK I have had. I know she has the talent to play, but I will be fair I have mismanaged her 2 and 3 yr old campaigns luckily if I do it right she can still have some success.

BTW HER DAM IS IN MY AUCTION. :)
Let me take this moment to tell everyone to breed to Outlander. He's going to be 13 next year, so he's running out of time.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Phil Hoeflich wrote: 3 years ago The only freak in my barn is one of my companion goats!
hahaha that is very good :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Sc winner is a stakes. Nw 2 and 3's are freaks. Ok.. 😂 Carry on! Sometimes you just have to laugh.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago
Phil Hoeflich wrote: 3 years ago The only freak in my barn is one of my companion goats!
hahaha that is very good :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah- gave me my best laugh of the day thus far.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I had a few "Stakes" go down to Allowance, and my Freak went to "Stakes"
Oh, and my superbly bred Stakes Late Bloomer who I have been patiently waiting to hit peak (and hopefully upgrade) is STILL Stakes Late Bloomer, which I guess is cool, except she stinks at her current gallop level and I want her to reach her potential before she retires at the end of this season *eye roll*
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

I’m pleased that we now have a more accurate picture of our horses abilities and pleased that my yearling DM filly retained her freak status. I am confused by a few of my racing horse changes however as some of the two year olds who ran well have downgraded from allowance to productive... but oh well. Let’s see what gallops bring tomorrow!

Side note: anyone know why STBs were not included in this? They desperately need a gallop overhaul!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I love that my TM Los Camps winning filly is now an allowance LB vs a stakes LB 😂

Also my 2nd place Los Camps DR colt is now allowance as well 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago I love that my TM Los Camps winning filly is now an allowance LB vs a stakes LB 😂

Also my 2nd place Los Camps DR colt is now allowance as well 🤪
My two Steward's Cup runner ups this year are now Allowances instead of Stakes 😂🤪
yeah
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Katie Stepanian wrote: 3 years ago I’m pleased that we now have a more accurate picture of our horses abilities and pleased that my yearling DM filly retained her freak status. I am confused by a few of my racing horse changes however as some of the two year olds who ran well have downgraded from allowance to productive... but oh well. Let’s see what gallops bring tomorrow!

Side note: anyone know why STBs were not included in this? They desperately need a gallop overhaul!
Em was in the chatroom last night for a while, and this question came up. Per Em, there will be no gallop rating adjustment to the Standardbred, at this time, as one was just done two years ago.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Darcy McBride wrote: 3 years ago
Katie Stepanian wrote: 3 years ago I’m pleased that we now have a more accurate picture of our horses abilities and pleased that my yearling DM filly retained her freak status. I am confused by a few of my racing horse changes however as some of the two year olds who ran well have downgraded from allowance to productive... but oh well. Let’s see what gallops bring tomorrow!

Em was in the chatroom last night for a while, and this question came up. Per Em, there will be no gallop rating adjustment to the Standardbred, at this time, as one was just done two years ago.
Ok thanks, it just appears that the overhaul wasn’t effective enough.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 3 years ago Oh, and my superbly bred Stakes Late Bloomer who I have been patiently waiting to hit peak (and hopefully upgrade) is STILL Stakes Late Bloomer, which I guess is cool, except she stinks at her current gallop level and I want her to reach her potential before she retires at the end of this season *eye roll*
Have you considered not retiring her this season? If she wants to be a Grade 1-winning 9yo (or 10yo, or 11yo), let her. There will still be time for her to have a few kids, and if she does eventually bloom to Freak and win a Grade 1 (or has that level of ability but is retired too soon) chances are that she won't throw anything as good as herself anyway.