Freaks gone

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Freaks gone

Post by Danny Derby »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago
Randell Johnson wrote: 3 years ago
3 to 4 though?
That isn't likely. I would guess that he was at the very very very tip top of the new stakes scale, but not quite a freak, and that explains the last two races. I'll take him if Stakes are below Danny's minimum cutoff and he's considering sending him to GP.
Normally I'd say yes, but I'm going to reluctantly give him a chance.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Why are so many galloped horses showing "Unknown" in the improve column now?
Working on it!
Fixed!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago This is so exciting! Like pre-Festivus Festivus 😂
:shock: :shock: :lol: Yes, I think so, I had planned to gallop all my foals, on Saturday at midnight, and then go to the trainer page, and search for filters, first they claim to have when they appeared, then solid, and so on until reaching Freak.

but better I gallop them one by one, I don't want them to appear all in claimer hahahaha, I'm very scared hahahaha :lol: :lol:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Roughian's age is probably, more likely/part of the reason for it...but she did downgrade from a freak to a stakes.

Mal is still a stakes. : )

Aloft is still a freak. : )
Leto, Aloft's 1/2 brother, is still listed as a stakes. : )

Rihanna - my 2 year old filly who finished 2nd in the SC Bunburette...at that point, she still had an allowance tag, but I figured she must have improved when her first race had a 95 speed figure. Turns out she did improve, she's listed as a stakes now.

I'm not surprised by Roughian, she is going on 6 years old....but still a nice stakes horse can win nice races.
Mal was running fine as a stakes before.

I think that if they can still perform in G1 races and earn money, the change in their status won't bother me.
Mal should still have all the talent he did from last year and Roughian will be a mystery until I see how she runs...but I knew that before I decided to keep her racing. I am, of course, hoping her aging decline will be slow, and as a stakes type she can still perform was well has Mal has done as a stakes type runner.

Stormy

EDIT TO ADD: I just checked the rest of racing barn...and found:
~Into Shadows, a 2year old TR filly who was galloped Wk 12 as a solid.... is now a stakes
~Forestall, a 3 year old TR colt, who galloped Wk 13 as an allowance.... is now a stakes
~A Shade of Sadness, a 4 year old TR colt who was a claimer, now listed as a stakes...but...he hadn't been galloped in forever.
~Be Strong Be Free, a 4 year old TS colt, was listed as an allowance....is now a stakes, but again, hadn't been galloped in ages.
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Just checked my yearlings.
Prior to the adjustment, I 'had' 1 freak, and 3 stakes types.

Extreme Ways is still a freak : )
Outlawed and A Few Mistakes Ago are both still stakes.
however my little turf sprinter, Mul Ae Talbee...who was a stakes was downgraded to allowance.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Aero got to Freak!!! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1181818 I am so excited for her!! She would be the very FIRST homebred FREAK I have had. I know she has the talent to play, but I will be fair I have mismanaged her 2 and 3 yr old campaigns luckily if I do it right she can still have some success.

BTW HER DAM IS IN MY AUCTION. :)
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Hmmm. I’ve still got 4 young freaks in my racing barn, and one of two survived in my training barn. Had a lot of stakes drop to allowance. But overall, it seems okay and even useful.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Well, with just a quick glance through my barn, Kentucky Storm, Sinister Mister, Sweet Madness all stayed Freak. I had a couple of DS fillies that had bumped up from Stakes to Freak are now back down to Stakes. One 3 yr old DS filly has gone from Stakes to Freak.

Quite a number of Stakes remained Stakes. A number of young ones have gone from Allowance to Stakes. I am guessing that is the LB part kicking in.

One of my Stewbreds remained a Stakes; the other dropped to Allowance.

That's the highlights in my barn, anyway.

I'm almost afraid to see Festivus results. Lol.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Festivus NOW!!!! 🥺 Please Delta is going to wipe out my electricity and cell WHHAAA!!!!!!
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Nothing too surprising for me other than Witted dropping from freak to stakes, but I’m tipping he’s right on the cut off.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Yep, there went my freaky yearling, but I had a 2yo who was a stakes late bloomer become a freak, so thats great, things are settling into focus I Estimate we still have one freaky Dr comin atcha next year on the turf spring circuit!!! Craig I think a partial festivus on the previously galloped has occurred.. or something along those lines.. because some horses may have improved from your last gallop on them..
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Not a single one of my yearlings changed a bit? That seems odd if the week 1 adjustment is in. Not upset because my barn wasn't ravaged. Just have a bit of a grab bag feel for now.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago Not a single one of my yearlings changed a bit? That seems odd if the week 1 adjustment is in. Not upset because my barn wasn't ravaged. Just have a bit of a grab bag feel for now.
I had two years in a row where my yearlings didn't change when they turned 2yo so it isn't too unusual
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 3 years ago Aero got to Freak!!! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1181818 I am so excited for her!! She would be the very FIRST homebred FREAK I have had. I know she has the talent to play, but I will be fair I have mismanaged her 2 and 3 yr old campaigns luckily if I do it right she can still have some success.

BTW HER DAM IS IN MY AUCTION. :)
CONGRATS ALYSSA! I am so happy for you!
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I want to add I had several stakes gallops racing and judging by their struggles I felt it was a diluted category and not too excited to race them as I should have been.. with the change now I know the ones who retained their rating or even improved deserve their rating.. Good to know..