Baby Gallops?!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Baby Gallops?!

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

89 yearlings, 1 freak, 6 stakes, 18 allowance (all but three are progressive or late bloomers), 25 productives (again vast majority are not peak), 14 solid (none are peak), 23 claimers (3 peaks), 2 different career (steeplechaser and a DMB filly I bought on a whim-note to self, don't buy cheap DMB fillies the day gallops open, but she is a late bloomer, lol).
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

On the thoroughbred side

Year 57
Freak 1 (5.9%) (by Tin Dog)
Stakes 1 (5.9%) - (Stewardbred by Whisper Soft)
Allowance 4 (23.5%)
Productive 5 (29.4%)
Solid 3 (17.6%)
Claimer 3 (16.6%)

Total = 17

Slightly smaller percentage on the allowance + side but not surprising given the changes and thrilled to have a freak homebred (only my 2nd ever) even with the changes
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Every stakes winning star or blue hen I own (I have a BUNCH) except like five, threw absolute garbage. I bred 115 foals from expensive sires and expensive mares.

1 freak
8 stakes
38 allowance
Who cares about the rest?

I see an absolute gutting of my stable in the future. I'm sure someone else can get these fancy mares to produce better.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 3 years ago Every stakes winning star or blue hen I own (I have a BUNCH) except like five, threw absolute garbage. I bred 115 foals from expensive sires and expensive mares.

1 freak
8 stakes
38 allowance
Who cares about the rest?

I see an absolute gutting of my stable in the future. I'm sure someone else can get these fancy mares to produce better.
Don't be so hard on yourself, Erin.

That's our job :lol:
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Interesting year... I'm not disappointed.

One freak, and it's a weird one. Crystal Ocean out of a Pierro mare. Hoping for a TS/TM here.

The multi-capable things actually had a generally good Festivus. A stakes by Mitole from an A Shin Hikari mare (hopefully tri-distance turf) and a Makfi that I hope is TM/AWM. Then nine allowances that should be able to be decent at more than one thing each.

Besides that, I have two stakes Northern Avengers (<3), a SYM out of Deschutes (<3<3), two Tragically Hips, a Black Moon Omen and a Nope, that last being a Stew-bred.

Disappointments... Rogue's baby is a claimer. Poop.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago Disappointments... Rogue's baby is a claimer. Poop.
St. Elmo's Fire tossed me a claimer too. Here's to hoping for improvers :)
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Overall I did pretty well:
Freak - turf splinter - Serendipities (Dirk Provin - Accidental Moment by Reckoner)

Stakes:
Turf routers: Dead of Night (Obsidian Fury-Stealthily by Secret Meeting)
Such a Sad Song (The Tearjerker-Destiny Song by Satano Crown)
Dirt Routers: People Like Us (Thanos - Promise by Sword)
Take It on Faith (Delerium - Faith and Love by Circle of Life)
Turf miler: Show No Fear (Fearless Spirit - Pandora’s Box by Steelslayer)

I also had 21 allowance, 21 productives, all 6 chasers were “different career”, and of course more claimers and solids than I care to discuss
I'm just here for the fun of it
Trent Mcevoy
Sprinter

Post by Trent Mcevoy »

I had my first go at breeding as I new the boredom of the break would get the better of me.

Have no idea how my results stack up against what would be the average.

38 TB Yearlings mostly TS/DS/TM

1 Stakes LB TM filly
13 Allowance (7 LB)
6 Productive

Cant wait to get back to racing this year (breeding is expensive)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Peter Quill wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Ill get out my violin
Love it :-) Worlds smallest?
World’s smallest
;p
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

I'm on my second crop.

148 yearlings

3 stakes (2 late bloomers).
19 allowance
45 productive
32 solid
46 claimer
1 different career
2 steeplechasers (won't know until they're 2).

Stakes
Down and Hot Progressive colt - dam is mine
Gara Gara Go Late Bloomer filly - dam a lease mare
The Lake Shore Drive Late Bloomer filly - dam a lease mare

I'm excited about all three of my stakes gallops. One is out of a multi-distance mare I raced/retired and who BSA'd as a blue hen, one is a dirt miler which is my strongest division, and one is turf router and with so few stakes horses maybe will actually be competitive.

My claimer/solid numbers and so few allowance gallops were a bit of a gut punch when I saw them. My numbers were worse than last season, even with the changed gallops, and I had been feeling like I'd done a better job with breeding this season. I feel better after seeing other peoples' numbers.

I'm super excited about racing my first homebreds when races start.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Of 30 TB Foals

2 Stakes
  • Oxford Comma by Longbird o/o Worship My Spirit (Dragon Temple)- AWR

Thought I had a 2nd longbird stakes but I must of been delirious last night.
2 Allowance
12 Productive
1 Solid
10 Claimer
3 Different Career (will test their Chase ability next Festivus)
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Natasha Yar wrote: 3 years ago My ‘no potential’ dirt sprint mare just gave me my only TB stakes yearling gallop of the year??
I only bred the mare because she was fun to race and is full sister to a millionaire. Her first foal was a claimer so I was expecting about the same this time.
Surprise!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1302138
Natasha, There is so much to like about your comment. Hope that a no potential type mare can produce something fun and useful by Mr. Hamme's lightly used sire, Santino Fontana, is chief among them. SIMHorseracing is a twists and turns/ups and downs roller coaster ride. Disappointements? Let it go. Positive type surprises should be celebrated. The game is difficult. Enjoy your fun new sprinter and thanks for playing the game. jX
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago
Natasha Yar wrote: 3 years ago My ‘no potential’ dirt sprint mare just gave me my only TB stakes yearling gallop of the year??
I only bred the mare because she was fun to race and is full sister to a millionaire. Her first foal was a claimer so I was expecting about the same this time.
Surprise!
Natasha, There is so much to like about your comment. Hope that a no potential type mare can produce something fun and useful by Mr. Hamme's lightly used sire, Santino Fontana, is chief among them. SIMHorseracing is a twists and turns/ups and downs roller coaster ride. Disappointements? Let it go. Positive type surprises should be celebrated. The game is difficult. Enjoy your fun new sprinter and thanks for playing the game. jX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMF5BrS-KBo
Natasha Yar
Miler

Post by Natasha Yar »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago
Surprise!
Thanks! I’m deciding to see this fun surprise as the sim gods welcoming me back. 🙏🏼