The Results Of A 8 Year Breeding Plan

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

The Results Of A 8 Year Breeding Plan

Post by Danny Derby »

About 9 years ago when The People's Horse started working as fast as I've ever seen, it hit me hard. He came from a female family that's a foundation in my barn, and I even campaigned his dam. No worries though, I may not own his dam (Bare Necessities) but I owned his second dam, so I'd just breed a horse with the exact same pedigree.

The next year I sent Wish Upon A Star back to Doctor, resulting in Cruella De Vil, a full sister to Bare Necessities. She galloped freak, earned over $1M on the track in a 4 year career, and was a blue hen upon retirement. So far so good!

Next it was time to send Cruella De Vil to Happy This Way, sire of The People's Horse. I won't lie, I was pretty excited when I hit the breed button on this colt https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1276202. Amazing sire, amazing mare, amazing family, and a pedigree equal to one of the best the game has seen.

Now rewind to 12:03AM Pacific Time last night. As I'm going through gallops, I jump straight ahead to this foal that I'd put so many years and so much thought into.

Y57-Preseason Trainer: 'Horse 59143138316' had a solid gallop this morning, and may improve with age or experience. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

F*ck.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: The Results Of A 8 Year Breeding Plan

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ugh. I feel you. There's an outside shot he's one of those that will randomly jump up in ability; either with age, or with a start under his belt. Hope he turns out to be one of those!
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I feel you Danny. I think my biggest gut punch was Black Comet's yearling is a claimer. At least she's a late blooming claimer (because that always works out, right?) and a filly, so I can be disappointed again when she's an unpredictable broodmare in a few years. SOAB
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

He wouldn’t be the first peak to jump up, so fingers crossed that it does happen.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The day after Festivus, ibuprofen stocks soar ...
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago About 9 years ago when The People's Horse started working as fast as I've ever seen, it hit me hard. He came from a female family that's a foundation in my barn, and I even campaigned his dam. No worries though, I may not own his dam (Bare Necessities) but I owned his second dam, so I'd just breed a horse with the exact same pedigree.

The next year I sent Wish Upon A Star back to Doctor, resulting in Cruella De Vil, a full sister to Bare Necessities. She galloped freak, earned over $1M on the track in a 4 year career, and was a blue hen upon retirement. So far so good!

Next it was time to send Cruella De Vil to Happy This Way, sire of The People's Horse. I won't lie, I was pretty excited when I hit the breed button on this colt https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1276202. Amazing sire, amazing mare, amazing family, and a pedigree equal to one of the best the game has seen.

Now rewind to 12:03AM Pacific Time last night. As I'm going through gallops, I jump straight ahead to this foal that I'd put so many years and so much thought into.

Y57-Preseason Trainer: 'Horse 59143138316' had a solid gallop this morning, and may improve with age or experience. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

F*ck.
Welcome to the Olson Barn! Now you know how I feel whenever I breed my well bred Dirt Routers :) Except mine dont improve.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mark Markson
Sprinter

Post by Mark Markson »

Danny planning a single Y56 Breeding since Y48:

Me planning my Y56 Breedings 20 minutes before Foals arrive:

I can't be sure, but I think this may be one of the reasons Danny's Barn is "Danny's Barn", and my Barn, well, isn't...
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

:lol: Good one, Mark.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Hey Danny don't worry, I can understand your situation a bit.

But rejoice, you are one of the most successful players in the game in recent times, and you have seen how your claimers have taken a leap from claiming to Freak, so surely this foal will not be the exception, just give time, and wait with a little calm the end the storm will pass, nothing lasts forever
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Mark Markson wrote: 3 years ago Danny planning a single Y56 Breeding since Y48:

Me planning my Y56 Breedings 20 minutes before Foals arrive:

I can't be sure, but I think this may be one of the reasons Danny's Barn is "Danny's Barn", and my Barn, well, isn't...
LOL
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I'm new to this, but I am by nature very analytical. For my turf routers I had spreadsheets, pivot tables, nicking charts, etc. because I wanted to do the best job I possibly could. Then I randomly grabbed a DS mare for $3k out of an auction, and because I didn't want to spend much just sent her to a GP sire......and got a stakes LB. My conclusion is that I need to do at least twice as many spreadsheets this year.

People like you and I won't change.
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

I am a lot newer than you guys to breeding but I had my biggest effort last year as far as throwing some money around. I was buying Blue Hens and stars at Auctions, hypoing like crazy, spreadsheets going as well, breeding Hens & Stars to Stallions like See You Monday, Strong and Free & lord Black etc

I ended up with 1 Freak, my first ever which I am very excited about, she was from a mare I picked up for $10 from AJ (formidable) and a stallion that stands for under $10k. I loved it! :-)