Studbook Gallop Stat Questions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Veritas Stables
Two Year Old

Studbook Gallop Stat Questions

Post by Veritas Stables »

A few questions about the Gallop Stats in the Studbook. These have been on my mind for a while, but the change in the rating made this more relevant.

Are the Gallop Stats based on the last actual Gallop for the progeny? I have assumed yes. This would also mean that yearlings that have not galloped, would not be included? And if a mature horse is re-galloped, and the status is reduced (e.g. Stk->Allow), the new status would be reflected in the Studbook? And now with the new ratings, will these now be reflected in the Studbook regardless if the horse was actually galloped or not?

Lastly, do the Steward Breds (yearlings) that have not been sold yet show up in the StudBook gallop stats?

Would appreciate any insights from the Veteran Players.

Thanks,
Terry
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Studbook Gallop Stat Questions

Post by Laura Smith »

Veritas Stables wrote: 3 years ago Are the Gallop Stats based on the last actual Gallop for the progeny? I have assumed yes.
Yes. I believe that this year, the stats reflect the recent changes for all un-retired but previously galloped horses, but generally yes, the stats are based on horses' most recent actual gallops.
This would also mean that yearlings that have not galloped, would not be included?
Correct.
And if a mature horse is re-galloped, and the status is reduced (e.g. Stk->Allow), the new status would be reflected in the Studbook?
Correct.
And now with the new ratings, will these now be reflected in the Studbook regardless if the horse was actually galloped or not?
yes, but only for un-retired horses that have been galloped at least once before.
Lastly, do the Steward Breds (yearlings) that have not been sold yet show up in the StudBook gallop stats?
A horse that has never galloped will not show up in the stats until it does, stew-breds included.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Veritas Stables
Two Year Old

Post by Veritas Stables »

Thanks! That is what I suspected, but I wanted to verify.

Cheers!
Terry
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
Veritas Stables wrote: 3 years ago And now with the new ratings, will these now be reflected in the Studbook regardless if the horse was actually galloped or not?

yes, but only for un-retired horses that have been galloped at least once before.
So...I'm looking through some older horses in the Studbook and they have no (or very few) offspring listed with gallop %. For some reason I thought the retired would be left with their old gallop, but...they seem to be gone completely, if I understand this right... 👀
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Do you have an example Ma? I just looked at Satono Moon’s stud page (he’s 13) and Coleman Hell’s page (he’s 16 and pensioned) and their gallop stats look normal.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Do you have an example Ma? I just looked at Satono Moon’s stud page (he’s 13) and Coleman Hell’s page (he’s 16 and pensioned) and their gallop stats look normal.
Here is one (picked a TR especially for you 😇):
https://www.simhorseracing.com/studbook ... seID=36446

But it seems to be the older ones that look like this. Perhaps it is remains from the last gallop change (that went a little bit bad if I got that correct...)?
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Do you have an example Ma? I just looked at Satono Moon’s stud page (he’s 13) and Coleman Hell’s page (he’s 16 and pensioned) and their gallop stats look normal.
Here is one (picked a TR especially for you 😇):
https://www.simhorseracing.com/studbook ... seID=36446

But it seems to be the older ones that look like this. Perhaps it is remains from the last gallop change (that went a little bit bad if I got that correct...)?
Gallops are a somewhat recent addition to the SIM. Older stallions won't have gallop comments show up, because they either didn't have foals able to gallop (Black Condor) or the gallops only started showing up in the last few crops. Yes, there was a time where Festivus did not exist.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago
Gallops are a somewhat recent addition to the SIM. Older stallions won't have gallop comments show up, because they either didn't have foals able to gallop (Black Condor) or the gallops only started showing up in the last few crops. Yes, there was a time where Festivus did not exist.
Oh wow, yes that probably explains it. Thank you!

But how did you manage?! 🙃
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500