Random Question on Improvers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Random Question on Improvers

Post by The Harlequins »

Is Super Freak a rating now ?
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Is Super Freak a rating now ?
Nah that’s just the word they use to describe Andrew Davidson
yeah
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Is the jump on first start genetically coded (inherited) or does it happen randomly?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I asked this question once on Ask Em Anything and if I remember correctly she said that it’s coded into the horse. If you don’t run that horse whilst you wait for it to bloom, it won’t improve.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago I asked this question once on Ask Em Anything and if I remember correctly she said that it’s coded into the horse. If you don’t run that horse whilst you wait for it to bloom, it won’t improve.
100% this.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago I asked this question once on Ask Em Anything and if I remember correctly she said that it’s coded into the horse. If you don’t run that horse whilst you wait for it to bloom, it won’t improve.
100% this.
Would kill for a feature that would gently nudge me to run horses I’m ignoring.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
100% this.
Would kill for players that would just run things ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago If you don’t run that horse whilst you wait for it to bloom, it won’t improve.
Just to be clear. We need to run the horse before it blooms? A peak horse won't jump?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago If you don’t run that horse whilst you wait for it to bloom, it won’t improve.
Just to be clear. We need to run the horse before it blooms? A peak horse won't jump?
First start improvers, and bloom comments are two separate things.

I think what Carole is saying is when we sit on lower gallop horses until they “peak” there is no way to know if they would have improved with their first start, unless we run them.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

First start improvers, and bloom comments are two separate things.

I think what Carole is saying is when we sit on lower gallop horses until they “peak” there is no way to know if they would have improved with their first start, unless we run them.
You are also being unclear to me, Rochelle. I do intend to run my horses and I do. I also do understand peak/progressive/late Bloom and first start improving are two different things. What is confusing to me with both yours and Carole's post above is that you are implying (at least I read it that way) that they won't get the first start improvement if we don't race them until after they already peaked.

This sounds illogical to me, thus I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I read it as Late Bloomers won't jump if they haven't raced.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Now I know that isn't true (Late Bloomers not jumping without a race) because I have had a few horses jump up without anything done to them.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1096633 went wow to stakes without racing.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Agreed. Peak/Progressive/Late Bloomer is independent of the first start jump.

A horse at peak who has a first start jump coded in can still hit a higher gallop comment after that first start. So, allowance peak may turn into freak peak.

A horse who is a late bloomer and also jump in ability after the first start may still have a progressive/late bloomer status, even after the boost of the first start. In other words, there may still be room for additional improvement. So, an allowance late bloomer may turn into a freak progressive.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago

100% this.
Would kill for players that would just run things ;-)
I like the sim a lot but this is one thing that I do not like as not all of us have the patience to run everything and just hope it improves
I understand why it is what it is but that dont mean I havve to like it