Confused

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Confused

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Why are there no turf mile races for 3yo and up in the USA until Wk 4 except claiming races in AK? I'm confused.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Confused

Post by Ma Springs »

Can't say. But I've entered a lot of 3 yo "only" races. They exist. If you aren't looking for very specific competition... :)
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I have old men. Actually had to create a race for my older turf router too.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Oh, that way... There are a few 4 yo and up, but perhaps not too many. Guess you've seen them..?
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Most 3YO and up races don't start until later in the year. The 3YO's generally have a while to race against each other before they have to race older horses. But as you said, there should be some 4YO and up races or 4YO only races.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago Most 3YO and up races don't start until later in the year. The 3YO's generally have a while to race against each other before they have to race older horses. But as you said, there should be some 4YO and up races or 4YO only races.
Thanks. The horses I am trying to enter are actually over 5yo when it comes to the turf milers. But also the closest race for my dirt sprinter 4yo filly stabled at Peyto is 1000 miles away unless I wait for W4. Same with my 4yo turf router filly. There is one stake available for my older dirt miler gelding within 1000 miles. I wasn't racing much this time last season, so maybe it's normal. Just seems a shame to miss 1/4 of the season with the older horses unless you create your own races.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Peyto is great for Trial Park and Junior High but not the best place to keep horses once you've left there.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

There are certainly less specifically conditioned races early in the year but I don’t think that their should be no races at all. You just might have to race somewhere that doesn’t fit as well as usual.
yeah
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Ive noticed a lack of races in both turf and dirt mile. I think with the emphasis on keeping horses in training there really needs to be a lot more races added.

I should also add, if you message the Steward and point out these gaps she is very quick to accomodate where she can.

I would still really like to see the claiming/SA schedule gain additional races as a whole though :)
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I'm getting the feeling I haven't explained my question very well. I'll try in chat tonight. Thanks to everyone that tried to answer, though.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You need to get some friends together and split more races so they eventually start spawning one their own
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Well, the question was Why are there no 3+ turf mile races, and the answer was because we don't card 3+ if we can help it until Week 5 (like in real life 3yos don't run against older in Jan/Feb etc).

But there are 70 4+ turf mile races that are open right now for maiden, alw, Nw2-5. Only 16 of them are claiming races, which still leaves 54 for 4+ in the next two weeks. 41 of them are for non maidens. Hope that helps?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Well, the question was Why are there no 3+ turf mile races, and the answer was because we don't card 3+ if we can help it until Week 5 (like in real life 3yos don't run against older in Jan/Feb etc).

But there are 70 4+ turf mile races that are open right now for maiden, alw, Nw2-5. Only 16 of them are claiming races, which still leaves 54 for 4+ in the next two weeks. 41 of them are for non maidens. Hope that helps?
I understand and tried searching. These are older horses, out of conditions, not good enough for stakes and some are leased thus not claiming eligible. They’ll just have to sit.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Those are great, just 1718 miles shipping. Without FCS I’m afraid he’d be pretty wiped. Not much within a thousand miles for several that I have and there were always choices late last year. I’m trying to ask about patterns like maybe not much in the North because it’s supposed to be “January” maybe? Same for TP, where there were usually races for most divisions most weeks mid-year, or so it seemed. Should I move allowance/ low stakes horses to Midwest and give up on TP/JR High?

I’m sorry if I’m not making sense. My head is a little word-salady today.