The one race transformation

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

The one race transformation

Post by Art K Stables »

So since this has never happened as far as I’ve seen I just want to make sure I understand how this works, if you race an unraced horse then he can suddenly go from claimer to freak if you gallop right after the race or do I have that wrong
Or just develop later or what
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: The one race transformation

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Some horses are coded to improve after they have had one start. I wouldn't gallop right after the race, because you are risking injury, but yeah, if you did, the gallop comment would be dramatically better than the horse's gallop comment pre-debut.

There's also late bloomer/progressive, but that's separate and apart from the one start jump.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Yeah just claimers having one more start than they deserve 🔥
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago Yeah just claimers having one more start than they deserve 🔥
Been thinking about this. What if the improvement could happen in barrier trials as a compromise? The biggest reason I don't race my claimers is because they can't win and I don't want to destroy my percentages. If the 1st race boost happened in barrier trials that might a) drain more money from the SIM (GPs = Money now thanks to the exchange) and b) discover hidden gems. Just a thought.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time