23 starts finally a win

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

23 starts finally a win

Post by Nathan Klein »

IDK if anyone else has had such weird luck (if you have tell me) but I got this horse as one of the first horses I ever bought for $1,000 https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1107101. Most of his 2-year-old season was at 870 yards even though he was a mid distance horse since I was stupid and just wanted easy spots where I was guaranteed bits of money no matter how bad the horse was. But halfway through his 3-year-old season I came to my senses and raced him at 400 yards where he lost by a nose and earned by $5,500. After that it was a seemingly endless streak of close defeats loosing by close margins. He lost by a nose 4 times and at one point had 4 straight second places. But today its finally over 23 races later he finally won his first race. I know this sounds insignificant but jeez it took 4 straight seasons of racing nearly every other week to win. It's oddly satisfying and he has become one of my highest earners.
Last edited by Nathan Klein 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: 23 starts finally a win

Post by Stormy Peak »

This guy raced 27 times for me, and broke his maiden on his 24th attempt at age 6 -- so gotcha beat by one race.
Although...lol...that's not much to be proud of. :P He earned $62,840, so like your horse, he was also a consistent earner.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=952522

I do love the older, consistent horses, especially my goobers (those that race for peanuts)

Congrats on the win.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Re: 23 starts finally a win

Post by Nathan Klein »

Yup you got me there by a single race. I do gotta love that guy to if I ever wanted to get another headshot I would've either given it to him or my Trotter Freak Late Bloomer but I doubt i'll use it since i'm a gamepoint hoarder.
"Nathan you tweaking"