Gelding Question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Post Reply
User avatar
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1320
Joined: 1 year ago

Gelding Question

Post by The Harlequins » 2 months ago

Has anybody done a bit of research on the max and min improvments gelding your horse does.

Also does it show up by having a better workout time as against your previous best?

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.

Andrew Davidson
Grade 3 Winner
Posts: 600
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Andrew Davidson » 2 months ago

Just do it. Cut the nuts off and throw em on the barn roof for luck
“Andrew if you curse in your signature again I'm banning you from the forum forever.” - someone upstairs
“No tenga miedo, me gusta grande culo chicas ” - Nini Hunter

User avatar
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1320
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by The Harlequins » 2 months ago

A bit worried about doing anything Andrew ,with the new gallop ratings.

The gallops say allowance the workouts seem like stakes to me.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.

User avatar
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4699
Joined: 15 years ago
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Laura Smith » 2 months ago

It's a flat rate small improvement (there's no "slide" involved or anything like that) so there's no guesswork. You snip, he improves. Should theoretically show up in workout times, but as times aren't perfectly consistent in general, it might be hard to notice.

*shameless plug for my one small thing: making the gelding improvement based on a slide would be super interesting and more fun than the tiny set improvement that it currently is*
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.

User avatar
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1320
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by The Harlequins » 2 months ago

Laura 2 of the horses that seem to be punching above there weight are from your stally Strong and Free :lol:

The gallop says allowance ,but my head says stakes lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.

User avatar
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1320
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by The Harlequins » 2 months ago

The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.

Gwen Morse
Derby Contender
Posts: 248
Joined: 10 months ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Gwen Morse » 1 month ago

Laura Smith wrote:
2 months ago

*shameless plug for my one small thing: making the gelding improvement based on a slide would be super interesting and more fun than the tiny set improvement that it currently is*
If this happened wouldn't people be less likely to geld? Because they'd basically shrug and say "now I don't 'see' the improvement in many/most of my horses so I might as well leave them whole?"

User avatar
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6072
Joined: 15 years ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Laura Ferguson » 1 month ago

Gwen Morse wrote:
1 month ago
Laura Smith wrote:
2 months ago

*shameless plug for my one small thing: making the gelding improvement based on a slide would be super interesting and more fun than the tiny set improvement that it currently is*
If this happened wouldn't people be less likely to geld? Because they'd basically shrug and say "now I don't 'see' the improvement in many/most of my horses so I might as well leave them whole?"
Actually, right now, the tiny set improvement is hard to see. There used to be more of a range, which resulted in some horses, post-gelding, turning into top flight race horses. I think you'd have more incentive under Laura's suggestion, than you do under the current system, which has no chance of a major improvement.

Gwen Morse
Derby Contender
Posts: 248
Joined: 10 months ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Gwen Morse » 1 month ago

Laura Ferguson wrote:
1 month ago
Actually, right now, the tiny set improvement is hard to see. There used to be more of a range, which resulted in some horses, post-gelding, turning into top flight race horses. I think you'd have more incentive under Laura's suggestion, than you do under the current system, which has no chance of a major improvement.
If people liked it why was it changed?

Pepper Carol
Grade 2 Winner
Posts: 707
Joined: 13 years ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Pepper Carol » 1 month ago

"If this happened wouldn't people be less likely to geld? Because they'd basically shrug and say "now I don't 'see' the improvement in many/most of my horses so I might as well leave them whole?"
I have never ever ever ever 'seen' any improvement in ANY horse I gelded. But I do it regularly either because 1) it cant hurt and is SUPPOSED to help, or 2) my way of showing annoyance and disappointment to colts that don't do well.

User avatar
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion
Posts: 1320
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by The Harlequins » 1 month ago

It seems to me the main purpose of geld ,players can sell there horses without fear of a late change and becomming a top stalli.

Only my view.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.

Pepper Carol
Grade 2 Winner
Posts: 707
Joined: 13 years ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Pepper Carol » 1 month ago

The Harlequins wrote:
1 month ago
It seems to me the main purpose of geld ,players can sell there horses without fear of a late change and becomming a top stalli.

Only my view.
so . . . jealousy over someone's good fortune

Andrew Davidson
Grade 3 Winner
Posts: 600
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Andrew Davidson » 1 month ago

Pepper Carol wrote:
1 month ago
The Harlequins wrote:
1 month ago
It seems to me the main purpose of geld ,players can sell there horses without fear of a late change and becomming a top stalli.

Only my view.
so . . . jealousy over someone's good fortune
Mine! Stay away!
“Andrew if you curse in your signature again I'm banning you from the forum forever.” - someone upstairs
“No tenga miedo, me gusta grande culo chicas ” - Nini Hunter

Post Reply