Gelding Question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Gelding Question

Post by The Harlequins »

Has anybody done a bit of research on the max and min improvments gelding your horse does.

Also does it show up by having a better workout time as against your previous best?

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Gelding Question

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Just do it. Cut the nuts off and throw em on the barn roof for luck
;p
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

A bit worried about doing anything Andrew ,with the new gallop ratings.

The gallops say allowance the workouts seem like stakes to me.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

It's a flat rate small improvement (there's no "slide" involved or anything like that) so there's no guesswork. You snip, he improves. Should theoretically show up in workout times, but as times aren't perfectly consistent in general, it might be hard to notice.

*shameless plug for my one small thing: making the gelding improvement based on a slide would be super interesting and more fun than the tiny set improvement that it currently is*
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Laura 2 of the horses that seem to be punching above there weight are from your stally Strong and Free :lol:

The gallop says allowance ,but my head says stakes lol
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
*shameless plug for my one small thing: making the gelding improvement based on a slide would be super interesting and more fun than the tiny set improvement that it currently is*
If this happened wouldn't people be less likely to geld? Because they'd basically shrug and say "now I don't 'see' the improvement in many/most of my horses so I might as well leave them whole?"
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
If this happened wouldn't people be less likely to geld? Because they'd basically shrug and say "now I don't 'see' the improvement in many/most of my horses so I might as well leave them whole?"
Actually, right now, the tiny set improvement is hard to see. There used to be more of a range, which resulted in some horses, post-gelding, turning into top flight race horses. I think you'd have more incentive under Laura's suggestion, than you do under the current system, which has no chance of a major improvement.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago Actually, right now, the tiny set improvement is hard to see. There used to be more of a range, which resulted in some horses, post-gelding, turning into top flight race horses. I think you'd have more incentive under Laura's suggestion, than you do under the current system, which has no chance of a major improvement.
If people liked it why was it changed?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

"If this happened wouldn't people be less likely to geld? Because they'd basically shrug and say "now I don't 'see' the improvement in many/most of my horses so I might as well leave them whole?"
I have never ever ever ever 'seen' any improvement in ANY horse I gelded. But I do it regularly either because 1) it cant hurt and is SUPPOSED to help, or 2) my way of showing annoyance and disappointment to colts that don't do well.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

It seems to me the main purpose of geld ,players can sell there horses without fear of a late change and becomming a top stalli.

Only my view.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago It seems to me the main purpose of geld ,players can sell there horses without fear of a late change and becomming a top stalli.

Only my view.
so . . . jealousy over someone's good fortune
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago
The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago It seems to me the main purpose of geld ,players can sell there horses without fear of a late change and becomming a top stalli.

Only my view.
so . . . jealousy over someone's good fortune
Mine! Stay away!
;p