Route Races for 2yos

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jim Hoffman
Two Year Old

Route Races for 2yos

Post by Jim Hoffman »

I have a few 2yo's who are fit and ready to go, but when I try to find races, I can find nothing except Barrier Trials. They are routers (turf and dirt). When do route races start for 2yos?

Also, should I run them in sprints just to get a race into them, and get input from the jockey as to whether I have the equipment right?
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Route Races for 2yos

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Router for 2 year olds start week 10. Part of the reason for barrier trials.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I personally would not run a router in a sprint or mile; I would worry about the horse's confidence, especially if the horse was beaten by a large margin. Other players may have a different opinion, but that is my take.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Generally I agree with you Darcy, but there’s always the exception
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago Generally I agree with you Darcy, but there’s always the exception
Yeah, I thought about her. But she is a truly exceptional exception! Lol.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Jim Hoffman
Two Year Old

Post by Jim Hoffman »

Makes sense. I just wondered if running them 6 furlongs (though they would probably get left way behind) would help me confirm that I have the equipment set right.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Honestly if the race is unfilled and there is a chance for a new player to run a router in a sprint or mid distance race, what is the problem?
Or even the incorrect surface for that matter. You have to think outside the box sometimes.

Most likely none of the horses they currently own are destined for the derby or SC. These are all tools to increase their bankroll. If stats suffer to earn a 3-4K check for a 4th place finish or whatever so be it.

Horse confidence is the least of the concerns here I feel. Making money is #1 priority as long as the new player understands this strategy is only good for trial park for any type of long term success.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA