Steward-breds

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Should We Keep Steward-breds in Some Format?

NO GOODBYE FOREVER
17%
Yes, like 25 a year
9%
Your regular 250ish is great
70%
What's a Steward-bred
4%

Total votes: 108

Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: Steward-breds

Post by Jon Xett »

8-)
Clear majority of SIM players Who responded want The Steward to bring back Steward bred horses 🐎 so please do so when ready and don’t worry about making all these changes happen. Carry on with naming foals, notes, auctions and random slides. Long live the positive force called The Steward Bred.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago 8-)
Clear majority of SIM players Who responded want The Steward to bring back Steward bred horses 🐎 so please do so when ready and don’t worry about making all these changes happen. Carry on with naming foals, notes, auctions and random slides. Long live the positive force called The Steward Bred.
yes keep everything exactly the same. Long live the stewardbred drama :roll:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago 8-)
yes keep everything exactly the same. Long live the stewardbred drama :roll:
Thanks 😊
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

1. Im fine if Steward breds stay but there has to be a limit (2 or 3 per crop was wonderful) and there HAS to be something done with those who have partnerships just to get past the limit. Also, no private selling/leasing steward breds directly from The Steward. I think it should be everyone has a shot to obtain a horse as that is where the drama seems to come from when a random steward bred is doing really well and nobody knows how the heck that horse came to existence.

2. The thing I find so ironic about Steward breds is that they are created to remove money from the game yet... The Steward pays a CROP TON of cash for these amazing mares (I've seen some leased or sold for $10 mil!), the person gets to race the foal AND sometimes gets first foal of said foal. $10 mil is $10 mil. That is a TON of money (well it is to me because Ive never had $10 mil in my SIM LIFE). Boggles my mind. If you want to remove money from the game.. don't add millions back into it. Plus, it always is the same players that seem to be contacted for leases/purchases and they are the ones who need less money.

That being said, I am fine either way because my homebreds tend to love me more.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

$10m my seem like a ton of cash for the Steward to buy your mare. But the average sale of one foal/yearling is about $3mish. By the 4th foal it's all money coming out of the game. And not many cost Em $10m. She actually tends to look for the 2nd string types that are nicely bred and made a few hundred grand. Those cost her way less than $10m. In many cases she is in profit by the 2nd foal/yearling.
I agree with your first point but on #2 I still think the steward should do away with the first foal lease as part of the deal and pay cash only whether to buy or lease a mare and then have an lease auction to race those fillies. Maybe with a condition for newer players only (Junior/Intermediate) or your only eligible if you have no SB's already at that age. As far as players buying not for sale foals. Put an astronomical price on them, say start at $20m (or more) and they still count against their limit.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Kent Saunders wrote: 3 years ago $10m my seem like a ton of cash for the Steward to buy your mare. But the average sale of one foal/yearling is about $3mish. By the 4th foal it's all money coming out of the game. And not many cost Em $10m. She actually tends to look for the 2nd string types that are nicely bred and made a few hundred grand. Those cost her way less than $10m. In many cases she is in profit by the 2nd foal/yearling.
I agree with your first point but on #2 I still think the steward should do away with the first foal lease as part of the deal and pay cash only whether to buy or lease a mare and then have an lease auction to race those fillies. Maybe with a condition for newer players only (Junior/Intermediate) or your only eligible if you have no SB's already at that age. As far as players buying not for sale foals. Put an astronomical price on them, say start at $20m (or more) and they still count against their limit.
No, not all go for $10 mil... but some most definitely do. I can see the normal $1 to $2 mil but anything higher than that seems a bit much if the goal is to be removing money from the game.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago
Kent Saunders wrote: 3 years ago $10m my seem like a ton of cash for the Steward to buy your mare. But the average sale of one foal/yearling is about $3mish. By the 4th foal it's all money coming out of the game. And not many cost Em $10m. She actually tends to look for the 2nd string types that are nicely bred and made a few hundred grand. Those cost her way less than $10m. In many cases she is in profit by the 2nd foal/yearling.
No, not all go for $10 mil... but some most definitely do. I can see the normal $1 to $2 mil but anything higher than that seems a bit much if the goal is to be removing money from the game.
The Steward can make her offers to lease mare, but the person leasing the mare isn’t interested in leasing for “cheap”, then what? Should Em pass up leasing Owl Let You Know for a filly that has in 2 foals to sell taken out over 30% more than her dam’s lease price? She is only 5yo. If Em decided to “reject” her from her broodmare band she could easily sell Owl Call You for the same price she leased for. Guaranteed.

There is no way she would spend millions on a mare lease if she wouldn’t get it back from selling foals. Only the mare owner and The Steward can value the worth of the breeding.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

What if someone else footed the bill and I lease owl let you know? Or other amazing mares
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I would still rather see the Steward create awesome CAM mares. This keeps the SBs taking money out of the game, cut's out the "leased mare" drama, and introduces new bloodlines.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago I would still rather see the Steward create awesome CAM mares. This keeps the SBs taking money out of the game, cut's out the "leased mare" drama, and introduces new bloodlines.
And creates more drama when a mare is “to good”
yeah
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago 1. Im fine if Steward breds stay but there has to be a limit (2 or 3 per crop was wonderful) and there HAS to be something done with those who have partnerships just to get past the limit.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the partnership thing was addressed and partnerships are no longer able to purchase stewardbreds.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago 1. Im fine if Steward breds stay but there has to be a limit (2 or 3 per crop was wonderful) and there HAS to be something done with those who have partnerships just to get past the limit.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the partnership thing was addressed and partnerships are no longer able to purchase stewardbreds.
Yeah that went away long ago

I mean no offense to Nena by this but it just goes to show we the people don’t really know what needs to happen because many people don’t even understand what currently is going on.
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I voted for Steward breds to stay but I’ve personally not needed them for success in my stable and I actually would love to see what it would be like if Steward breds did disappear.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago
Yeah that went away long ago

I mean no offense to Nena by this but it just goes to show we the people don’t really know what needs to happen because many people don’t even understand what currently is going on.
+1 agreed
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago The Steward can make her offers to lease mare, but the person leasing the mare isn’t interested in leasing for “cheap”, then what? Should Em pass up leasing Owl Let You Know for a filly that has in 2 foals to sell taken out over 30% more than her dam’s lease price? She is only 5yo. If Em decided to “reject” her from her broodmare band she could easily sell Owl Call You for the same price she leased for. Guaranteed.

There is no way she would spend millions on a mare lease if she wouldn’t get it back from selling foals. Only the mare owner and The Steward can value the worth of the breeding.
There should be a set budget that she has to spend each year that there’s visibility to. If she’s able to offer $10-$15M for any mare she wants by pulling it out of thin air, not only does it add magic money to the game, but it also kills the ability of other players to make any type of offers to buy/lease horses when there’s literally an entity you can’t compete with.

ANYTHING The Steward breeds will have a positive ROI on what she paid to lease the mare, be it $1M or $10M.