Pretty Sad Vs Age Of Scorpio Week 14 Day 5 Match Race Who wants it

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Re: Pretty Sad Vs Age Of Scorpio Week 14 Day 5 Match Race Who wants it

Post by Xander Zone »

My DS pretty weak atm no legit stew cup runners but if I had the top filly/mare or colts not owned by Karland Bri I would be putting up some money not to race vs these two.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I will play. Week 16. Or hey if you would rather Karl, week 3. I am ok with staying in training for that, great mares being great broodmares is a roll of the dice and I love racing more than anything.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I've got the donations up to $5 million now. Just waiting to see if Karl will agree for sure.... obviously the race will be called!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The match race is officially on!! It will take place at Paradise Downs Week 16 Friday, with a purse of $5 million, over 6 1/2 furlongs. They will both skip the Steward's Cup (obviously).

Who do you like!?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Em has already simulated it 100 times
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Em has already simulated it 100 times
THAT'S A GOOD IDEA
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I think you should do a series of races with the top all time 12 from each grouping . I mean you don’t have anything else too do .
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Well, hot damn
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Image found the trophy
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I look forward to the race : )

And kudus to the owners for being so game about pitching their horses against each other in this manner and also to all those who've donated to the purse.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Fun!!!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago I look forward to the race : )

And kudus to the owners for being so game about pitching their horses against each other in this manner and also to all those who've donated to the purse.

Stormy
Big kudos to them for being game enough to run for $5,000,000. Not many would do it!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago I look forward to the race : )

Stormy
Big kudos to them for being game enough to run for $5,000,000. Not many would do it!
Money isn't the end all to everything, Danny. Some people might rather see a SC Trophy in their display case and go for that instead....or other goals that are just slightly different than a huge purse that might be easier to get at.

Case in point:
It's been suggested that some special race be set up for Roughian so she could try to earn a big paycheck to hit that $10 Million goal.

I would not do it if it was offered. I would Love the money, for sure, but I want my mare to earn any record breaking earnings goal on her own merit.

I have been chasing down that large sum with her, even giving up a few foaling seasons to do it. The money is certainly nice but I like the prestige that would come if Roughian could break that record earnings and be the first mare in the Sim to earn $10 Million. However, if she can't... then the current amount of $8,649,000 million dollars that Three Day Event has held on to since Year 5 would still be a great goal to achieve too. But I want her to do it on her own, without any special races set up to help her achieve that goal.

The Match races...are a bit fun...and again, I don't understand the sour attitude some here have over it...when the owners are willing to do so...and as their goals might be different than other folks, when it comes to their unquestionably top notch horses. It's no skin off of anyone else's nose for fun events like this to happen from time to time.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

All I’m saying is the race should be to the death or pension. Winner takes all and their career. Loser pensions or dies. The end. High stakes
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago All I’m saying is the race should be to the death or pension. Winner takes all and their career. Loser pensions or dies. The end. High stakes
Were you hooked on Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome by any chance?

LOL

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000