Interesting stuff about SC Races

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Interesting stuff about SC Races

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've noticed this one : )

At this point in time, of the 8 entries in The SC Bunburette, 4 of them were sired by Brilliance 8-)
Kudos to Kaine Saracen in having such a nice stallion.

The Steward's Cup Bunburette

The four being:
~Brilliance in You
~Brilliant Wish
~Catonarainbowbridge
~Heart in Hand

The remaining four are each by a different sire:
~Bonnie Wright (Saxon Warrior)
~Extreme Ways [Phenomenal One]
~Summer in the City [Summerland]
~Volcanologist [One and Only]

It's still early, so there could possibly be more entrees, but still that's a nice testament to Brilliance in having half the field of a Grade 1 race have his offspring running in it.

Hope some of you can point out some fun things about SC races you have horses running in.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Interesting stuff about SC Races

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I have an entry in every AWS Steward’s Cup ;P
yeah
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago
Well, that's a gorgeous girl. Wow.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

My interesting tidbit about the SC is that Satono Moon is such a terrific sire, that he sired the monster that is Avengers Assemble who is running in the Bunbury. Only one other horse wants to face off against him, everyone else is hiding in the Magellan :P
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

With the field half full, the Steward's Cup Distaff has one runner who has earned over 1 1/4 million more than the other 7 competitors combined.
That Spe Chan girl might be good.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1617595
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago My interesting tidbit about the SC is that Satono Moon is such a terrific sire, that he sired the monster that is Avengers Assemble who is running in the Bunbury. Only one other horse wants to face off against him, everyone else is hiding in the Magellan :P
lol...The Magelllan...hiding in a G1 race...lol. There are 3 entries there at the moment...all Stewardbreds, sounds like one of those rock and a hard place situation.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago
I was awestruck when I saw her....I never gave any clear instructions to the artist...basically told her to do what she could with the extra GPs I tacked onto the price. Even if she never earns another dime on the track, at least her headshot lives up to her name. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago
I was awestruck when I saw her....
Even if she never earns another dime on the track, at least her headshot lives up to her name.
I just feel like Heartborken needs a rightful heir. And with the dearth of chestnut Turf Routing studs... Have you considered just retiring her now (before the SC), so she can start to make pretty little chestnuts?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Paul, lol...I love running them...her babies will have to come later in life.
But, you could retired Volcanologist ! 8-) Breed her to some chestnut stallions, get some chestnut babies and start that process of getting more chestnuts in the Sim yourself : D

After I read your comment, I looked at the Bunburette field which has grown to 10 entries now, here's the color breakdown.

Four of them are black -- Bonnie Wright, Heart in Hand, Light Fingers, With Daydreams
Four are bay -- Brilliant Wish, Catonarainbowbridge, Summer in the City, Volcanologist,
One is a dark bay -- Brilliance in You
One is a chestnut -- Extreme Ways

Last week, when I was looking at some of the bigger names in turf routing, I noticed a lot of them were black...at least it seemed that way - but just based on the above race as a very small sample of things, it seems like bay is quite popular here too.

My favorite color for a T-bred is chestnut (blame Secretariat for that...I was 10 years old in 1973 and he made a big impression on me). So, most of my turf routers are chestnut. I also love white knee high socks on them and a nice stripe or blaze.

My 2nd favorite color for a T-bred is grey....and for me, Lady's Secret, Jacklyn Klugman, Skip Away and Spectacular Bid were all horses I use to cheer on. In the Sim, a good number of my turf sprinters are grey.

Hopefully, if my stable continues to do well, the Sim will never run out of chestnut turf routers, or grey turf sprinters. : )
Mal and Roughian will be retiring soon...so hoping they will both produce some nice runners. I've yet to have a really good stallion, in spite of having a good number of them be highly successful on the track and well bred. So I'm really hoping Mal will turn out to be my first great stallion.

Anyone else have a favorite color they like for their t-breds?

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Stormy grey is by far my favourite! Followed by Black :p

Bay is my least favourite 🤫 but I do like a dark bay like Guess Who

The only chestnut I really like is Flaxen 😳 and maybe liver.

When I started playing the SIM I tried hard to follow genetics when breeding my horses, but now everything I breed is black, grey, or roan 😂 (unless I forget to set it, those are the sad times lol)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Paul, lol...I love running them...her babies will have to come later in life.
But, you could retired Volcanologist ! 8-) Breed her to some chestnut stallions, get some chestnut babies and start that process of getting more chestnuts in the Sim yourself : D

After I read your comment, I looked at the Bunburette field which has grown to 10 entries now, here's the color breakdown.

Four of them are black -- Bonnie Wright, Heart in Hand, Light Fingers, With Daydreams
Four are bay -- Brilliant Wish, Catonarainbowbridge, Summer in the City, Volcanologist,
One is a dark bay -- Brilliance in You
One is a chestnut -- Extreme Ways

Last week, when I was looking at some of the bigger names in turf routing, I noticed a lot of them were black...at least it seemed that way - but just based on the above race as a very small sample of things, it seems like bay is quite popular here too.

My favorite color for a T-bred is chestnut (blame Secretariat for that...I was 10 years old in 1973 and he made a big impression on me). So, most of my turf routers are chestnut. I also love white knee high socks on them and a nice stripe or blaze.

My 2nd favorite color for a T-bred is grey....and for me, Lady's Secret, Jacklyn Klugman, Skip Away and Spectacular Bid were all horses I use to cheer on. In the Sim, a good number of my turf sprinters are grey.

Hopefully, if my stable continues to do well, the Sim will never run out of chestnut turf routers, or grey turf sprinters. : )
Mal and Roughian will be retiring soon...so hoping they will both produce some nice runners. I've yet to have a really good stallion, in spite of having a good number of them be highly successful on the track and well bred. So I'm really hoping Mal will turn out to be my first great stallion.

Anyone else have a favorite color they like for their t-breds?

Stormy
Of my 9 Homebred Millionaires , all of which i have let the computer decide.
5 have been Dark Bay
2 have been Bay
1 has been Black
1 has been Chestnut.

So hoping i have some decent Dark Bay Foals!!
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle, Guess Who's headshot is so cute : ) I like that "I just woke up" look to her mane...lol. Gives her almost a mischievous look. I've mentioned before, that I love the Black Stallion books...and to me, he's like the one and only black...lol. How dare any other horse be that color! ? (Well, except for his filly, Black Minx and Satan) ;)

Best of luck with Guess Who's grey filly, Good As Hell in the Filly and Mare Turf Mile. As I said, I love greys too, and Good As Hell also has an awesome head shot ! The Sim's artists sure do nice work.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago The only chestnut I really like is Flaxen 😳
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1261947 She doesn’t even have a headshot though? Maybe she needs one
yeah
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

The proper answer for favorite color is of course, GRAY!!!
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago I've noticed this one : )

At this point in time, of the 8 entries in The SC Bunburette, 4 of them were sired by Brilliance 8-)
Kudos to Kaine Saracen in having such a nice stallion.

The Steward's Cup Bunburette

The four being:
~Brilliance in You
~Brilliant Wish
~Catonarainbowbridge
~Heart in Hand

The remaining four are each by a different sire:
~Bonnie Wright (Saxon Warrior)
~Summer in the City [Summerland]
~Volcanologist [One and Only]

It's still early, so there could possibly be more entrees, but still that's a nice testament to Brilliance in having half the field of a Grade 1 race have his offspring running in it.

Hope some of you can point out some fun things about SC races you have horses running in.

Stormy

A quick update, well just because, the field has extended to 10 entries at the time of writing this, Brilliance is still the sire of HALF the field, that is FIVE SC fillies as 2yo's. In addition to this little detail, he also has half the field in the Bunbury, though there are only four runners at this time.
So current facts, Brilliance has half the runners in both the colt and filly 2yo SC races of his division!!