simperior edge

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Re: simperior edge

Post by Xander Zone »

kent the steward has been known to ban a player from all social aspects of the game for upwards of a year if her team felt it was nessacary
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I want to bully on the racetrack lol lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Robert MicJee
Derby Contender

Post by Robert MicJee »

I don't post on here much due to the bullying aspect I've seen as a newer player, and I was advised by the Mentor program that this would hurt my chances of getting any help starting out - which it did. Which is tough for those that might be shy or simply not wanting to put up with the online garbage that exists on forums everywhere.
What needs to be remembered here, and I give courses on workplace harrassment so have at least a little bit of insight, is that the harrassment is in the eye of the harrassed - not based on the intent. It is not sufficient to say "I was just joking" or "get thicker skin" after the fact. The FACT is that the person was hurt by your words and actions. THAT is real.
Dealing with a teenage daughter that has a condition that makes her physically different to other teenage girls, I see enough bullying in real life. The "keyboard warriors" that take joy in belittling others and their choices have no place in a game.
MicJee's Studs
Damascus Defender (TS) $20,000
That One Time (TR) $20,000
Onward Horse (Pacer) $5,000
Throwing Shadows (App Sprint) $8,000
Directing Perfect (TR) $5,000
Double Bass (Arabian Sprint) $5,000
Always Famous (SC) $5,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I will talk to anyone who wants to talk and listen to anyone that wants a listen. I have a bag of mike and Ike’s and an extra coke, I’ll share.
;p
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago Bullying is never okay, and I hope tangible effects come into play for whoever is behind it. Things like this should never go on without consequence, and I hope management goes a step further with how they handle things of this nature now and in the future. The game has brought me so much joy over the last ten years, been an escape from reality, and I would want it to feel that way for everyone without any reservation.
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think it was really calling people out. It was a blanket statement that could be applied to anyone. I respect and trust The Steward, but in my personal opinion, a statement about bullying would have been a better way to address this rather than posing this question to a single player. But that’s just my opinion and I’m sure Emily had her reasons for doing it this way.
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I will talk to anyone who wants to talk and listen to anyone that wants a listen. I have a bag of mike and Ike’s and an extra coke, I’ll share.

The absolute blatant irony of this. I sit in the background a lot now but I read the forums and I hear what gets said in chat via other players and the same clique gets brought up to me all. the. damn. time. It shocked the hell of me to see the names of people I've respected for years as the silent friends of the worst offenders but I guess that's how it goes sometimes, it's hard to call out your friends. I took a real step back from everything because of the culture being perpetuated around the Sim and found that I'm much happier for it. New players feeling the effect of bullying is garbage and something that needs to be addressed. Punishments in the Sim really are exceptionally limited and need to be tightened up as far as bullying and multi-accounting.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

How can you possibly know what is said between friends in private? How can you know who supports what? Is it wrong for someone to just not want to get involved publicly?

Look, I can tell you for sure Nini at the very least doesn’t condone any sort of bullying and chatting s**t about players. She has privately expressed this to myself and others. Andrew and myself are both type of people who don’t really care what people think of us so we will say it as it is without much fear of consequences. I certainly don’t stand for any type of bullying and I’m sure Andrew doesn’t either, a lot of his trolling can be taken as bullying but it’s literally just Andrew’s type of humour.

The only time I can think of myself ‘bullying’ someone was cussing out a player on the forum because they were antagonising me and one of my friends. I got banned from the forum for a week and I got a message from Em to say it’s not ok and I took it on board, now I just don’t respond to that player.

There’s a lot of people in here making assumptions based on rumours and that’s pretty childish.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

If I have ever caused a person to feel uncomfortable in our interactions, I am sorry and I encourage them to reach out to me so we can work it out. I disagree with others on occasion but I hope those disagreements have not been perceived as antagonistic.

ETA- I tend towards a very dry sense of humor and I've realized that sort of tone doesn't translate well in text. I'm trying to tone that down but if in the future someone perceives something I say as potentially mean, please do let me know, I'm open to feedback and eager to more thoroughly explain my intent.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Honestly, I’ll just take this as a chance to apologize overall. I’ve been an a-hole to people on the SIM big time because it’s easier for me to hid behind a keyboard than do something like that in real life. Things I say here I would never say in real life and that just isn’t right. I may have my opinions about people but it’s no excuse for how I’ve treated some of you. I’ve message some of the people I’ve been the nastiest to but even if I didn’t message you know that I’m sorry for being such a tool.
yeah
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Anyone personal offended and attacked, chased through messages, forums, and chat room please stand up. Shoot me a text. Anyone without a friend, with too many friends, or the wrong friends. Holler at me. Any mentors, want a mentors, or casual viewers. Free to speak atcha boy. Beers for the over 18s. 21in US
;p
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago How can you possibly know what is said between friends in private? How can you know who supports what? Is it wrong for someone to just not want to get involved publicly?

Look, I can tell you for sure Nini at the very least doesn’t condone any sort of bullying and chatting s**t about players. She has privately expressed this to myself and others. Andrew and myself are both type of people who don’t really care what people think of us so we will say it as it is without much fear of consequences. I certainly don’t stand for any type of bullying and I’m sure Andrew doesn’t either, a lot of his trolling can be taken as bullying but it’s literally just Andrew’s type of humour.

The only time I can think of myself ‘bullying’ someone was cussing out a player on the forum because they were antagonising me and one of my friends. I got banned from the forum for a week and I got a message from Em to say it’s not ok and I took it on board, now I just don’t respond to that player.

There’s a lot of people in here making assumptions based on rumours and that’s pretty childish.
Nowhere in my post do I say anything about knowing or caring about what people say in private. What I do know is from people who bring me screenshots and specific examples of things that happen in public on the forums and in the chat. I am not interested in rumors and I don't judge people based on what they may or may not be saying behind closed doors. I judge based on what is shown to the public. Trolling and ironic humor can be fun but if a lot of it can be taken as bullying then that's literally bullying, you don't get to go to someone who feels bullied and go "well don't be upset, it's just what this other person finds funny", that's a ridiculous defense. You do not get to decided how someone should feel about what you've said to them.

If the only thing you can think up for your own behavior is that you said something defending another player then that makes me sad. Shannon's response to the idea of someone feeling bullied is a commendable and mature reaction.

I will absolutely own that I'm coming in with a * and bullying response. If my friends come to me in private and tell me to knock it off and I constantly refuse to they have options as far as what they want to do with me. I'd hope or expect them to step back from me if I refuse to change my own behavior.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Don’t know the story behind this but been here since year 29 and never go in the chat room as not interested in small talk,I’m just here to race fake horses.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

I never enter the chat room (unless the Steward is there, during a race call or something) because, honestly, the chat room is a scary place ^^''
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I want to know who’s sending pms to people like that one lady that had an opinion on steward breds. @me punk as s bich

Also I called someone a duck once on here and I was punished. It won’t happened again. They know how I feel.
;p
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I want to know who’s sending pms to people like that one lady that had an opinion on steward breds. @me punk as s bich
But also stand up and tell everybody if you've felt bullied :roll:
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Honestly, I’ll just take this as a chance to apologize overall. I’ve been an a-hole to people on the SIM big time because it’s easier for me to hid behind a keyboard than do something like that in real life. Things I say here I would never say in real life and that just isn’t right. I may have my opinions about people but it’s no excuse for how I’ve treated some of you. I’ve message some of the people I’ve been the nastiest to but even if I didn’t message you know that I’m sorry for being such a tool.
I might as well add, if you want to message me about poor interactions we have had in the past. Even if it’s just to call me a *, feel free to do so.
yeah