simperior edge

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

simperior edge

Post by Art K Stables »

Was the "ask the experts" section intentionally anonymous?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: simperior edge

Post by The Steward »

Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago Was the "ask the experts" section intentionally anonymous?
Yes
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

All well and good calling it out, but there’s a gang of bullies here, that ruin the atmosphere and discourage new players- hoping they’ve actually been given some sanction now. When you have people avoiding the chat because of them, you can see something is wrong.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I don’t think it was really calling people out. It was a blanket statement that could be applied to anyone. I respect and trust The Steward, but in my personal opinion, a statement about bullying would have been a better way to address this rather than posing this question to a single player. But that’s just my opinion and I’m sure Emily had her reasons for doing it this way.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Hopefully this makes people reflect on their actions and consider making a change...I had a similar experience when I first joined and I almost quit because of it...I auctioned off all my horses after my first year cause I didn’t think I would enjoy the game based on the game chat and how people treated me in the forums, I couldn’t find a mentor etc....I took a step back and decided not to let those few people impact me...and I decided to start over and focus what I enjoyed about the game. I can say I love this game and grown fond of the community. I just try to avoid the negativity that some people bring and try to help new players rather than chastise or criticize when they don’t understand things or try to fit in...we can all be better at being inclusive and having new players enjoy a very tough game when they first join.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

A bully usually has a couple of wannabes tagging along behind.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

As I was reading the "Ask the Experts", I purposely didn't scroll down to the author trying to figure out who this person could be and before I realized there was no author listed, I was going to private message to tell them how sorry I was that there were those kinds of things going on in the SIM.

I am very thick skinned when it comes to comments about me because the only people who can hurt me with any comments is my wife of almost 44 year and my kids, that's because they are the only people who mean that much to me. Everyone else has no significance in my life and their words do not matter.

Unfortunately not everyone is like me when it comes to other's behavior towards them. Words big or small, hurtful or perceived funny or just plain bullying a received by many in a way that we cannot understand and make the world an unfriendly place.

Bullying is uncalled for anywhere and is something descent human beings don't do. We have recently learned how to bully from one of the most notorious bullies ever who empowered other bullies throughout our country. Bullies are weak needing to feel stronger by preying on the meek or mild or sensitive. It's uncalled for and not appreciated in my world and certainly not appreciated in this game, grow up!!!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

It's a shame if Bullies are ruining it for newer players could take money out of the game that Em needs. Name and shame these people and let them know its unacceptable behaviour.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

This game is like high school you have groups that support groups and hang out with groups and that is just how it is .
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Bullying is never okay, and I hope tangible effects come into play for whoever is behind it. Things like this should never go on without consequence, and I hope management goes a step further with how they handle things of this nature now and in the future. The game has brought me so much joy over the last ten years, been an escape from reality, and I would want it to feel that way for everyone without any reservation.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Norman Architecture wrote: 3 years ago It's a shame if Bullies are ruining it for newer players could take money out of the game that Em needs. Name and shame these people and let them know its unacceptable behaviour.
I was thinking about an offline list. I have encountered some of these in my first two seasons and have seen others encounter them. A few nice players have sent me emails warning me of so-and-so. A list of these people might be helpful, particularly when it comes to people that work swindles. And the veterans might be interested also. I'm thinking maybe as a community many of us would be a lot less interested in supporting their farms, stallions, Simmy noms, etc. if they are just here to ruin everyone else's experience.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago This game is like high school you have groups that support groups and hang out with groups and that is just how it is .
Except you have to go to high school. This is entertainment and we want people to be comfortable coming here to have a nice time.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I think perhaps the disorder the person has could also cause them to interpret written messages as bullying when in fact they aren't. I mean it's not ok to sit here and beat up on someone or name call or make fun of them, but it is ok to have conflicting view points and express them. So I guess it goes both ways, don't take everything you read here so seriously, dial it in a little and don't be an * to others. Win win.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

It should be 3 strikes and your done. First offense a warning, second offense is a penalty and third offense goodbye. Not something to fool around with.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

your right Kelly but did i not see you bullying someone on the forums about a sale price this week ???

the difference is you don't have to be on the forums or in the chat room or even get private messages so you in fact can eliminate the bullying from this game if you want too !