What’s the Trainer of the Year criteria?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kris Bobby
Classic Contender

Re: What’s the Trainer of the Year criteria?

Post by Kris Bobby »

I no longer participate in voting for the awards. To me, the only award that matters is the one that doesn't get voted on by the community.
I can't understand the emotions that the simmy voting elicits (ie Em says Laura leads again and it seems to bring about anger or confusion).

Being that I don't care and I don't vote, I'd prefer Lucas and Cleo be on the ballot and please withdraw my name. They both had better years this year and most others. Thank you for including me but I would prefer not to be considered now or in the future.

I hope Year 58 is good to all.
RELAX, it's Just a Game
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Please withdraw my name in place of Carole Hanson.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

David Howard wrote: 3 years ago This meme is doing the rounds and it seems apt.

Me showing my wife my SIMMY when she returns from working nights at the hospital:

10/10
;p
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I didn't mean for my comments about a popularity contest to start a sim riot! The truth is your accomplishments have little to do with the actual vote.

I am just the most overlooked player in the history of mixers and the Sim, I'm not bitter and love the game, but want to give two real life examples.

This year alone: I have 9 grade 1 mixer wins, 130 mixer stakes wins and hundreds upon hundreds of regular mixer wins. I will probably not even be in the top 3 in voting...

Another example the Hall of Fame: I am just shy of 13,000 wins, have won 1,288 stakes races, 78 grade 1 races and lifetime earnings of over $250,000,000. I have never been on that ballot. I have more stakes wins than some of the Hall of Fame people have regular wins.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Why isn’t Trent up for trainer of the year?
;p
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Probably don't know his true name
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Probably don't know his true name
Same for you “the”
;p
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

the guy thats broke......the ..guy thats gobby,,,the,,, the
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I don't vote anymore either but...

As a small stable owner, my own goals are much different than starts, wins, earnings or G1s (although all but starts are personally important 'cause that's how one makes money). I never show up on the leader board when those stats are the search criteria. But I do show up on average earnings and, in good years, win %. So I judge good training first by average earnings per start, then win % and then I look at G1s.

For thoroughbreds only:
Cleo Patra...$69K per start...41% wins...15 G1s...$7.4 million earnings...107 starts
Carole Hanson...$59.9K per start...28% wins...12 G1s...$6.4 million earnings...107 starts
Kris Bobby...$46.9K per start...48.1% wins...10 G1s...$6.2 million earnings...133 starts
Danny Derby...$49.4K per start...26.5% wins...26 G1s...$17.9 million earnings...362 starts

Danny had 96 total wins, 54 were stakes and 26 G1s (362 starts), next were LD with 21 G1s (5.3 X as many starts), LF with 20 G1s (6.8 X as many starts), PV 20 G1s (3.9 X as many starts).

I not sure what Danny's playing style is, maybe he breeds 2000 horses and gets rid of anything that is less than stakes. Maybe the others breed 2000 and race them all. But in the end, as per my criteria and my playing style, Danny's stats are impressive. I'm not necessarily a Danny fan 8-) and in all the big races I want to finish in front of his horses with mine, but I cannot deny he gets excellent results (along with the other three I mentioned above). Certainly big stables have to work hard for their results too, but we little stables need to shine and get recognized sometimes.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Why isn’t Trent up for trainer of the year?
I've been biting my tongue. At least this year's new players are up against other ACTUAL new players. Can we just gallop and have a happy Festivus now?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Bold of you to say that. Frank accused me, once, of being a repeat player too.
;p
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Correct Andrew