Stallion Limit Idea

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Stallion Limit Idea

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I've from way back when wished there was some way to let a stallion owner set a limit that the number of mares a single outside breeder could send to their stallion that would work in conjunction with the existing limit. I didn't envision it as a universal rule but more I would like a lot of people to have a shot at my stallions so I would set the limit at 5/person. Someone else might not care who breeds their stallion as they collect a lot in stud fees so they might not set a limit. The whole flexible setting would also allow you to change the limit at the end of the year if your stallion still had a lot of open breeding slots. I admittedly know nothing of coding but saw it working somewhat similar to how you can set numbers of spots to reserve for yourself (and now other people as well). I do agree that the limit should be just outside breeders not the stallion owner which I figured would be possible since stud fee charging is separated by owner vs outside breeder but as mentioned I know nothing of coding. Sure people could "game" the system by giving their horse to friends but if you're choosing the limit in the first place (and still have to work under the normal total limits) there is only so much need/drama over such gaming and would be no different than now if someone just reserved all the slots for themselves and then gave the stallion to friends.

Speaking of limits you know what else would be a great idea. Separate within breed and crossbreed limits (not that I stay hungup on things for many many many sim years)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*