Stallion Limit Idea

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Stallion Limit Idea

Post by Danny Derby »

Just floating this out there. What if instead of limiting the number of foals a stallion can have (which leads to a mad dash at the start of the season, full bookins long before the year is over and bad feelings all around), the control was rather on the person breeding the horses, so that each person could breed no more than say, 5 horses to a stud in a given year. That would essentially serve the same purpose, while making for a much more player friendly breeding season. You could even implement a way for players to buy additional slots to a stud if they so desired.
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Stallion Limit Idea

Post by Randell Johnson »

Could the owner breed more than 5?
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The problem is that then players want to breed unlimited amounts to their own stud, which makes sense, why should we limit what you can breed from your own stud to 5. But then if I let you breed an unlimited amount, what's to say you won't give him to Pete Week 2, and Glenn Week 3, and Nena Week 4, and now everyone is breeding an unlimited amount.... I just don't think people would take kindly to being told they can only breed 5 to their OWN stud per year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

or in my case i have 400 ds mares i need to breed to a stud more then 5 times
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago The problem is that then players want to breed unlimited amounts to their own stud, which makes sense, why should we limit what you can breed from your own stud to 5. But then if I let you breed an unlimited amount, what's to say you won't give him to Pete Week 2, and Glenn Week 3, and Nena Week 4, and now everyone is breeding an unlimited amount.... I just don't think people would take kindly to being told they can only breed 5 to their OWN stud per year.
Set a higher limit if you own the stud, heck it can be 120. Something like this can be done if there's a will to do it. The player experience as it is now is just really poor.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago or in my case i have 400 ds mares i need to breed to a stud more then 5 times
5 is just an example number. Whatever it is though, I did say there would be a way that you could buy more slots to a stud :D
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

i think the studs are good the way they are now to be honest if a stud is popular the owner can just buy more slots
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

not sure what stud has filled up already
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

I am actually pretty happy the way studs are now
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Would rather see filly limits removed
;p
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

filly limits were put in to help lower the population of the sim ! so that is okay imo as well
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago not sure what stud has filled up already
Talus. And you helped 😜

I'll open up the rest of the spots after gallops, when I re-evaluate fees.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago filly limits were put in to help lower the population of the sim ! so that is okay imo as well
If lowering the population of the SIM is a priority then you should love my idea :D
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

This is the first year I don't think I've seen a mad dash. Talus has 20 bred, All of Time has 11 - and he's old so that's fair. It really isn't like the See You Monday craziness - and I had similar with Devon Castle, where you almost couldn't breed to your own stud if you weren't online right at noon. Stallion owners blocking out spots for themselves or to manage breeding through the year is different; those horses aren't actually fully booked and usually if you want one you can reach out to owners who will let you know when spots will open up or breed for you (like DMB).

I haven't had any problems with the limits. Sure some of the studs I've wanted to use have ended up truly booked full toward the end of the year, but that's just made me look for something else equally good. Most divisions have a lot of top end stallions to choose from now.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

You mean like the year WoGS was full in the first hour? haha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt