Volunteers: Veteran players in Chat prior to Friday night results to answer questions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Volunteers: Veteran players in Chat prior to Friday night results to answer questions

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I brought this up in another thread (the Steward welcoming new players); I thought it would help new (and other) players to have 1-2 veterans in chat an hour before Friday night results to answer questions.
The first 8 Fridays are the following days -
Feb. 26 - Carolyn Eaton,
March 5- Andrew James
March 12- Nini Hunter
March 19
March 26
April 2
April 9
April 16- Glenn Escobar

If those interested would post the date(s) they can do - or message me; to start it off - I can do Feb. 26th, and anyone can join me on the first night!
Last edited by Carolyn Eaton 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: Volunteers: Veteran players in Chat prior to Friday night results to answer questions

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

And as I said in the thread - there needs to be strict "politeness" protocols - no ragging on/ being rude to other players. You may state a differing opinion, but do not disparage or be rude to anyone in chat.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Volunteers: Veteran players in Chat prior to Friday night results to answer questions

Post by Nini Panini »

Happy to be around in Week 3.

Also wanted to note that broadcast schedules for Pegasus/Saudi/Derby may interfere with this/get questions lost in the shuffle should they begin around the same time you’d want to begin?
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

I can make March 5th work, doesnt have to be a solo operation for me if any other Vet wants to double up.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Commitment is hard, but I'll do my best to be in chat on at least a few of those dates, shaking my fist and shouting at clouds to keep all the new players entertained and informed.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago Happy to be around in Week 3.

Also wanted to note that broadcast schedules for Pegasus/Saudi/Derby may interfere with this/get questions lost in the shuffle should they begin around the same time you’d want to begin?
I figured I'd try to make it as straightforward as possible; we can request people state the veterans name at the start of the post if there is lots of action going on
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes. I am available. Very good thank you.
;p