Sim edge

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Sim edge

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago All
My studs are open and I personally find it silly to do what Laura is doing with her stud Storm if 300 people want to breed to him so be buy more slots use the exchange it’s pure profit !
I personally will never use Storm again like I have in the past he may get 1 mare a year from me in the future if he is managed the way he is because there is so many amazing studs out there to support

When it comes to percentages I look at things different I subtract the steward breds and then look how many million dollar earners the stud has or the total amount of stake and freak.
A stud could have 10 mares sent to it get a random slide freak and be at ten percent does not mean that stud is better then the one that has 300 foals and 20 freaks .
Xander, I say this with respect, but you are the reason that Laura does this. I recall a few seasons back you hogged Walk Off Grandslam’s book. Laura’s just trying to make a fair playing field.

As for the Edge stallions, I would much rather see one of those diamonds in the rough profiled instead of a 5 star selection who will possibly be standing for $100k by year end.

And again, I say this with love in my heart for all! :D
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

But Nick the same was true then more slots could have been bought for him ! Studs have endless slots now !
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

And with “respect “ Queen Laura has been doing things with her studs since the first day I joined this game mind you things were different back then but Black Condor had some funky rules to him I don’t remember cause I did not really pay attention .
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Anyways my bad for mentioning a specific stud this was about the edge and asking for more hiding talent like let’s say Spectrum or Art Kages new TS stud that is hypo’ing as good as anyone
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago And with “respect “ Queen Laura has been doing things with her studs since the first day I joined this game mind you things were different back then but Black Condor had some funky rules to him I don’t remember cause I did not really pay attention .
Lol, I was thinking about Black Condor too. I remember.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes.
;p
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Feel like we shold get rid of break.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Black Condor had restrictions cause back then stallions pensioned after a certain amount of foals rather than by age. He would have been pensioned at like 8 years old without her controlling his book numbers. If I remember right?
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Black Condor had restrictions cause back then stallions pensioned after a certain amount of foals rather than by age. He would have been pensioned at like 8 years old without her controlling his book numbers. If I remember right?
I believe that’s right. 300 was the magic number. I think Xander was using him as an example of Laura’s experience with handling stallions. I see it as Laura’s consideration of our community at large. There’s always somebody looking to dominate some part of the game and by restricting access to a top stallion, it balances out the fairness and gives everyone a chance to breed to said stallion.