Gallop improve

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Gallop improve

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I have a lot of turf routers in my barn and I noticed that only 1 of the new 2yo improved his gallop comment at the turn of the year. I am curious as to when the LB in the various divisions tend to improve? Do sprinters come along earlier than routers, or is it totally random? And what about steeplechasers as well?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Gallop improve

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

They usually all just improve when they leave your barn and someone else owns them 😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago I have a lot of turf routers in my barn and I noticed that only 1 of the new 2yo improved his gallop comment at the turn of the year. I am curious as to when the LB in the various divisions tend to improve? Do sprinters come along earlier than routers, or is it totally random? And what about steeplechasers as well?
Anecdotally my routers mature later, the majority of them at 3 or 3.5 but there's no hard and fast rule. I had a turf sprinter just reach its peak at 4 this year. A fair number of my milers and sprinters seem to matue at 2.5.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

My anecdotal experience is that late bloomers often tend to improve at the mid-season changes, rather than between seasons. My belief (not backed up by any numbers, mind you, just a general impression) is that sprinters -on average- improve earlier, but I've got a sprinter who didn't peak until his fifth birthday, and even if it's a solid general rule of thumb there will always be exceptions.

I think Pete probably has the most accurate answer, though. Mine generally wait to improve until I drop them into a claimer where someone else picks them up and goes on to run the same allowances I ran them in, but with actual good results.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Thank you everyone
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

they rarely improve from yearlings to 2yo.. but the bloomers can be at year ormidyear.. sometimes just becoming peak with no gallop comment change.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Week 9 or at their first race, that’s when I see my best jumps.