A+ Thoroughbred Hypo

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: A+ Thoroughbred Hypo

Post by Gwayne's World »

Throughout his career, Teddy KGB likely was no better than a high level stakes performer? Yet, he earned a million dollars.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Thanks Eric,
I just went by what Pete said, it sounded like stakes in other divisions seem to do better, but I dont know, then again it was Eric I won a horse from about 10 rl years ago who told me to nominate an allowance horse to the triple crown!! This guy! And Ive never forgotten it! Lesson learned Nalbone!!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=151657
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

but then again, someone paid 250k for it.. couldnt be all bad!!! :), Funny thing on that guy, I raced him in a sprint race thinking like in RL, as 2yo and no dirt route distance they are raced in sprint races.. of course that was wrong! :D
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

RNB Stables wrote: 3 years ago Thanks Eric,
I just went by what Pete said, it sounded like stakes in other divisions seem to do better, but I dont know, then again it was Eric I won a horse from about 10 rl years ago who told me to nominate an allowance horse to the triple crown!! This guy! And Ive never forgotten it! Lesson learned Nalbone!!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=151657

Stakes in Dirt Route are very mediocre. Don't let a few of the exception horses fool you. Most likely the ones winning the stakes races are very high end stakes horses or low end freaks that have not been re-galloped. It is must easier to win stakes races with sprinters and milers with a stakes horse versus routers...especially dirt route.

And my comments were more geared towards having a very nice hen giving A+ hypos which is pretty much non existent in TB and using the stud that puts out the highest % of freaks and still going 0 for 2 in the freak dept with that mare.

It is what it is, might have better luck breeding a freak with a no pedigree formidable.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think it just points to expectation and comparison to other divisions, I have plenty of stakes sprinters who have long losing streaks in allowance company so I’m guessing it’s just an overall impression on having so many in a certain class do as predictably well and the message is to clamp down those expectations, but then could it just be that people breed far more in numbers of a certain division with the number of races not keeping up in proportion?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Forgive me, Sara, but
Y57-W8-D7 Trainer: 'Crayon' is a stakes quality horse. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!
Y58-Preseason Trainer: 'Crayon' is a stakes quality horse. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Off topic? Weird flex?
;p
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Forgive me, Sara, but
Y57-W8-D7 Trainer: 'Crayon' is a stakes quality horse. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!
Y58-Preseason Trainer: 'Crayon' is a stakes quality horse. This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!
Nice to know!

A belated congrats, Sara :)
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Em calling me out... and I don't know for what xDDD
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 3 years ago
Nice to know!

A belated congrats, Sara :)
Haha, thank you, Gwayne ^^
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It wasn't off topic - everyone was talking about stakes horses not being good in DR. That they can't win.

"Stakes in Dirt Route are very mediocre" - Pete Vella

Obviously he's a high stakes, but still. (Not Pete, Crayon. Probably also Pete)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Pete’s mad spatula didn’t win the derby.
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Pete’s mad spatula didn’t win the derby.
To be fair, I'm also still mad about that haha
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago It wasn't off topic - everyone was talking about stakes horses not being good in DR. That they can't win.

"Stakes in Dirt Route are very mediocre" - Pete Vella

Obviously he's a high stakes, but still. (Not Pete, Crayon. Probably also Pete)
Let me restate my opinion....

Stakes in Dirt Route are very mediocre - Quoted a 2nd time by Pete Vella
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Pete’s mad spatula didn’t win the derby.
To be fair, I'm also still mad about that haha
(:
I have a stable full of cats