HOF Y58:Who You Want In

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

HOF Y58:Who You Want In

Post by Nathan Klein »

So in the last two sim years the HOF votes have been at the start of the year so theoretically we should have HOF votes coming up soon. So for fun why not talk about the horses who people want in this year. I'll start with my 5 that I believe deserve to be in the HOF

James Dean
 :No introduction legendary sire and earner of over 10 million

Mickey
:Just get the poor guy in already he's come so close twice now

See You Monday
:Super sire 7 Simmy Awards hard to beat

Hooray
:Three Time All-Weather Champion Sprinter only horse to ever do such a thing.

Zinfandel
:Similar to Mickey get this poor dude in he's always overlooked despite being 12 for 12 a 5 time Grade 1 winner on dirt and a Grade 2 winner on Turf.

Now Its your turn have fun.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: HOF Y58:Who You Want In

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I 100% agree with James Dean, SYM, and Mickey above. Those guys have stamped the breed in their respective divisions and definitely deserve to be on the ballot!
I have a few suggestions too, sorry they're all DR... It's the division I follow most.

Wish Upon A Star Not only is she a Steward's Cup winner, her progeny record is incredible and will undoubtedly influence TB Dirt Routers for generations to come.

Dragonfly is eligible this year and while he hasn't exactly been a super-sire, he did win the Triple Crown, which is pretty cool ;)

Man Of Mystery Long Island Gold Cup winner, sired a Triple Crown Winner, excellent broodmare sire, breed shaper.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Mile After Mile
Won the sc 3 times in 3 tries and only lost once in his career
One of The best aw milers of all time and should be a shoe in for hof in my mind but might be because I adore his breeder lol
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Paul Heinrich #PaulfortheHall
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Nathan Klein wrote: 3 years ago So in the last two sim years the HOF votes have been at the start of the year so theoretically we should have HOF votes coming up soon. So for fun why not talk about the horses who people want in this year. I'll start with my 5 that I believe deserve to be in the HOF

James Dean
 :No introduction legendary sire and earner of over 10 million

Mickey
:Just get the poor guy in already he's come so close twice now

See You Monday
:Super sire 7 Simmy Awards hard to beat

Hooray
:Three Time All-Weather Champion Sprinter only horse to ever do such a thing.

Zinfandel
:Similar to Mickey get this poor dude in he's always overlooked despite being 12 for 12 a 5 time Grade 1 winner on dirt and a Grade 2 winner on Turf.

Now Its your turn have fun.
Oh man imagine if we got a horse who retired before year 15 in the hall of fame now! That's Old Sim™ so that horse probably retired like 17 real life years ago or something!

I seriously looked to see if the Wayback Machine had anything from sim years 10-15 to see if I could find specific real life dates but the earliest snapshot they had was from sim year 17 break, which was in 2007 after the sim came back to life

Also there is someone who I'd totally want in the hall of fame but I won't say who or what to save myself from saying something so blatantly biased ;)
I have a stable full of cats
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

How has Iron been overlooked? He won over $3 million. Never finished out of the money in 20 races. 3 of the 5 races he didn't win were Steward's Cups, which he finally captured before retiring. Also sired over $10 million in earnings.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=44422
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I would have liked:

Doctor Who for being the highest earning dirt miler/mid of all time, for winning the Pegasus Classic, the Dirt Mile, and the Desert Mile

Hooray for being the highest earning AWS of all time, and for winning the Pegasus Summit, and the Synthetic Sprint twice
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 3 years ago I would have liked:

Doctor Who for being the highest earning dirt miler/mid of all time, for winning the Pegasus Classic, the Dirt Mile, and the Desert Mile

Hooray for being the highest earning AWS of all time, and for winning the Pegasus Summit, and the Synthetic Sprint twice
Heck yeah another Hooray fan also Doctor Who he's a good one a horse who can go toe to toe with All Of Time is a great horse in my book.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Letter From Home retired year 44 and “only” earned $581,000 at the races, but her progeny earned $11,165,530. As a broodmare she had 12 foals:6 stake and 6 freak gallops.

I’m particularly proud of having bred her.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I might be getting the post-retirement math wrong, but:

CN Tower https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=672860
Doctor Who https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=680595
Allonsy https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=726632
Kaos https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=642674
Lightning https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=494352

and of course, Look Like A King https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=323208

I'm not sure how far production plays into this alongside racing (I think I read somewhere it does matter but not enough that geldings would get ruled out, and Devon Fancy is in there for being a rockstar on the track but she was not useful as a broodmare) but these ladies would be on my list for track success: Paha Sapa, Cathay Williams and Perfect Landing.

Oh and I know this is a TB thread but in trotters: B. Y. O. B., Reserves, Kissandkeepsecrets (3 consecutive Cup wins), and Smirkavia.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

She won't get in, but fully on board with Lily and her suggestion of Wish Upon A Star. She was very successful on track, but went on to be one of the top broodmares ever, and her progeny have gone on to have tremendous success on the track and in the shed, winning every major Dirt Route race the game has to offer in the process.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

I would like to see my 3x champion steeplechaser Cathay Williams get in. At one point she was the highest in earnings of all time too. She retired year 50.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Speaking of Wish Upon A Star, the amazing Mara Jade Vess shocked me today with this stunning portrait of the big girl. She's never looked better.

Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Speaking of Wish Upon A Star, the amazing Mara Jade Vess shocked me today with this stunning portrait of the big girl. She's never looked better.

Holy guac thats absolutely amazing
"Nathan you tweaking"
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Speaking of Wish Upon A Star, the amazing Mara Jade Vess shocked me today with this stunning portrait of the big girl. She's never looked better.

This is so amazing! Mara is wicked talented ❤
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!