Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Post by Dan Gordon »

For years, I've noticed that when somebody leaves the SIM, there is rarely a mention. All of a sudden, the dreaded Dispersal Sale is in the auction. I think it would be helpful to know why they left and maybe we can learn from it? In other words, we ALL get overwhelmed with RL and parts of the SIM become a chore. Too many horses, too many unbred mares. But we've all decided that the good far outweighs the bad. But it kinda bothers me that there isn't an announcement when somebody leaves or plans to leave. It's like they didn't exist. Maybe getting older or this pandemic has me feeling this way? Am I alone in that? I'm also leaving my job soon and I wonder if I will be missed.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Dan, are you having feelings over there? In a mans world you are not allowed to show any signs of feelings for they are toxic and dangerous. Please disengage. “Everyone is replaceable.”

People always exist even as past memories. Like moments in time. Just because you’re gone doesn’t mean you weren’t there. You just won’t be there anymore. The road goes on forever, just got to keep the greasy side down.
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

He got a better offer from Keyser Soze.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I have suggested previously that there could/should be a "stasis option" for the game: you can use it, say, once every two years for a variable time frame. Real life reasons: you are moving, you are starting a new job, you are having a baby, you or a family member are having an operation, you want to take a full two week vacay with the fam with no need to even look at the computer. The reasons are endless. I wonder if some players get so far behind in the Sim after one of these RL events that they just say............ well, you know what they say. And I have been boo'd off the stage previously for suggesting it. But player retention can clearly be an issue, and I don't see what harm it would be to try it.

And by stasis I mean the horses come back into the game with the exact same fitness and tiredness and rest as they left it. The terms "stasis started" and "stasis ended" shows up in the horse history. Enter into stasis thru the player "settings." I am sure it would be a real PITA to program, or would it? Not my job........
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I don’t disagree with you, Lucas.
;p
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Maybe the game was too easy for him.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago I have suggested previously that there could/should be a "stasis option" for the game: you can use it, say, once every two years for a variable time frame. Real life reasons: you are moving, you are starting a new job, you are having a baby, you or a family member are having an operation, you want to take a full two week vacay with the fam with no need to even look at the computer. The reasons are endless. I wonder if some players get so far behind in the Sim after one of these RL events that they just say............ well, you know what they say. And I have been boo'd off the stage previously for suggesting it. But player retention can clearly be an issue, and I don't see what harm it would be to try it.

And by stasis I mean the horses come back into the game with the exact same fitness and tiredness and rest as they left it. The terms "stasis started" and "stasis ended" shows up in the horse history. Enter into stasis thru the player "settings." I am sure it would be a real PITA to program, or would it? Not my job........
Aren't they the reasons the Assistant trainer was brought in?
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

There isn't a person in the world that would want the job of being an assistant trainer to my huge stable.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

I wanted to know why The Harlequins left.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 3 years ago I wanted to know why The Harlequins left.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51425
;p
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
Jennifer Blake wrote: 3 years ago I wanted to know why The Harlequins left.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51425
I figured/assumed he got banned/asked to leave. I missed all the juicy drama of the post.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago I have suggested previously that there could/should be a "stasis option" for the game: you can use it, say, once every two years for a variable time frame. Real life reasons: you are moving, you are starting a new job, you are having a baby, you or a family member are having an operation, you want to take a full two week vacay with the fam with no need to even look at the computer. The reasons are endless. I wonder if some players get so far behind in the Sim after one of these RL events that they just say............ well, you know what they say. And I have been boo'd off the stage previously for suggesting it. But player retention can clearly be an issue, and I don't see what harm it would be to try it.

Not exactly the same thing, but I've never once told someone "no" when they asked if I can hold their stable for as long as they need. It just takes one email. Obviously a low tech version, but still.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Geoff Roberts
Two Year Old

Post by Geoff Roberts »

you can ask him when he appears with his next "new" account, if you are able to spot it that is ;)
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I missed the later posts in that thread - it obviously got horrible.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

Geoff Roberts wrote: 3 years ago you can ask him when he appears with his next "new" account, if you are able to spot it that is ;)
Wait, why would somebody want to leave 1,000 horses behind and start over? That sounds horrible! Plus he had some valuable horses. Just to get wins at Trial Park? I feel like there is some sort of inside joke that I'm missing.