Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
On another thread you said you were a different large stable as well. I’m guessing it’s just humor but if not I’ll clarify that at least for my part I never suspected that you were involved in this hustle. You could have been I guess, but you weren’t suspected.
Just a rumor someone said once. I am in no way more than one people at any given time.
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
On another thread you said you were a different large stable as well. I’m guessing it’s just humor but if not I’ll clarify that at least for my part I never suspected that you were involved in this hustle. You could have been I guess, but you weren’t suspected.
Just a rumor someone said once. I am in no way more than one people at any given time.
Ah. There was a rumor about me for awhile that I was a returning player in disguise. That made me laugh because I am here under my real name, so I would have to be pretty bad at disguises! Kind of like when my cat has just his head under the rug and thinks he's invisible. :lol:
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I don't think we should probably call out all Australians, as we've had some pretty awesome ones (although Tim might disagree with Cleo..... just kidding). So, no need for that. And fortunately, now we know what to look for.
I don't know how far back this may go but are you going to change the new trainer awards for those years?
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Kenneth Prater wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I don't think we should probably call out all Australians, as we've had some pretty awesome ones (although Tim might disagree with Cleo..... just kidding). So, no need for that. And fortunately, now we know what to look for.
I don't know how far back this may go but are you going to change the new trainer awards for those years?
Wouldn't voting have to be re-opened, since players pick only one option and not a ranked choice?

I guess looking back gets complicated with awards, purse distribution, etc. I am not sure how much could even be remedied at this point, but it seems a shame for a horse like this https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1330656 be offered openly when the idea was to put him with a new barn. As long as people can benefit like this from "Trents" it seems like incentive would be there to keep repeating the process. New players have access to a special sales page, special Steward-bred auctions, and gifts from vets. When considering why someone would do this, what the incentives are, it is important to think beyond the SIM$ which many don't need or value. Everyone values top-quality stock and it would surely be an advantage to have insider knowledge at these dispersal sales.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

May a plague of a million wallabies infest their driveway. I probably helped the cheating scum several times thanks to my tendency to believe people are genuine and my lack of time to investigate otherwise.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago May a plague of a million wallabies infest their driveway. I probably helped the cheating scum several times thanks to my tendency to believe people are genuine and my lack of time to investigate otherwise.
Are wallaby plagues an issue in Australia? They look very cute from the other side of the world :)
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

As someone whose Trial Park time overlapped with Trents for most of his time, I’m disappointed. Not because I didn’t win an award for best new trainer. Not even because I didn’t get as many, or as good of the horses that he got. I had some very helpful people and I’m sure if I had asked for more horses, I might have gotten them so that’s on me. What bothers me the most is crap like this can ruin a good thing. I said in another thread, if I don’t luck onto Deputy Dog, I’m not sure I’m even still playing. When you are CONTINUALLY getting pounded by the same guy over and over, it’s like, what in the hell am I doing wrong, I must suck. But with him repeatedly doing this, he avoids all of the newbie mistakes everyone makes, he knows who to go talk to, he knows how to get horses. It makes it very tough for true “newbies” to feel like continuing. And now he’s ruined it going forward because all the veterans have to feel leery of each and every new player.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

God, this REALLY stinks. I had been suspicious, but I never really wanted to truly truly believe it. What would be the point? But knowing its true now genuinely boils my blood. Most of my time as a newbie was during Trent's reign, and if I hadn't had players like Eric and Danny and Glenn help me out I definitely would have just given up after losing to him so many times and with good horses. Its really irritating to hear this; im a junior now and I still feel behind the curve and I'm worried about the future for REALLY new players now, I hope they get just as much help and I hope Trent didn't ruin the kindness this game has in its player base. What a freakin turd

also i vote that everyone who had to deal w trent cleaning up at trial park during their new player season gets 1 free stewardbred as reparations its only fair ;)
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

His many aliases have probably caused a good few players to leave the game, he’s been doing it a while...
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

I wonder if he bought anything at the New Player Stewardbred auction last year, and if so if those could be held back for the restricted auction this year so that actual new players have a shot at them?
A little off topic, but does anyone know when the next new player Stewardbred auction is? I tend to be fairly quiet in asking for horses and help, but would relish the chance to buy something nice for the future. I'm only a newbie until the end of April and hope I get the chance before then
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

David Howard wrote: 3 years ago
I wonder if he bought anything at the New Player Stewardbred auction last year, and if so if those could be held back for the restricted auction this year so that actual new players have a shot at them?
A little off topic, but does anyone know when the next new player Stewardbred auction is? I tend to be fairly quiet in asking for horses and help, but would relish the chance to buy something nice for the future. I'm only a newbie until the end of April and hope I get the chance before then
You should still be eligible as a junior so you might get two shots :).
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Supposedly, 3 or potentially 4 players in the past few SIM years have dominated Trial Park, amassed tons of horses (a lot of them pretty good ones from more experienced players), and then left after winning Trainer of the Year. All from Australia and starting within months of each other but not overlapping. However, I believe no concrete evidence has been presented to The Steward so for now, it's just a conspiracy theory.
I actually do have the real evidence now - found it myself. Confirmed, unfortunately.

Makes me sad.
Well, as someone that was pretty vocal about thinking the conspiracy was ridiculous I guess I've been proven wrong...

I honestly didn't think there was any chance that someone would be repeating their time as a new player over and over and over again. Who has the time or energy to do that? Blows my mind. And what is there to even gain? That can't actually be fun, can it? But really, why?

So strange. I've had conversations with several of these players (specifically Tony) before and never had any indication that they might be the same person as anyone else. Seemed like a nice guy. So weird.... I'm actually baffled...
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

That actually makes me sad. And why I freaking find it hard to help new players. Which suucks for "real" new players. What an A hole!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago That actually makes me sad. And why I freaking find it hard to help new players. Which suucks for "real" new players. What an A hole!
This is a huge part of why im actually so upset about this. Most new players find it hard to reach out as it is im sure, and now it'll be even tougher for older players capable of helping to trust those who can find the confidence to ask for help. Really sucky situation.
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Supposedly, 3 or potentially 4 players in the past few SIM years have dominated Trial Park, amassed tons of horses (a lot of them pretty good ones from more experienced players), and then left after winning Trainer of the Year. All from Australia and starting within months of each other but not overlapping. However, I believe no concrete evidence has been presented to The Steward so for now, it's just a conspiracy theory.
I actually do have the real evidence now - found it myself. Confirmed, unfortunately.

Makes me sad.
Well, as someone that was pretty vocal about thinking the conspiracy was ridiculous I guess I've been proven wrong...

I honestly didn't think there was any chance that someone would be repeating their time as a new player over and over and over again. Who has the time or energy to do that? Blows my mind. And what is there to even gain? That can't actually be fun, can it? But really, why?

So strange. I've had conversations with several of these players (specifically Tony) before and never had any indication that they might be the same person as anyone else. Seemed like a nice guy. So weird.... I'm actually baffled...
This. What even is the point? Create a new alias just in time to snatch up choice tidbits from your own dispersal auction?

I zero percent understand why anyone would do this, but I'm hoping it's just a one-off. Most people are better than that?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.