Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

One more thing- we should probably all stay on the same page and remember that Trent is not a real person that joined and then left because he got too many free horses. Trent was a fake account lol.
Robert MicJee
Derby Contender

Post by Robert MicJee »

Sophia Stevenson wrote: 3 years ago
Robert Mcg wrote: 3 years ago the advice given by the mentor team was to get out there on chat and the forums to get horses.
Wow. 😂 Is that realistic? BRB, just off to Godolphin to ask for a thoroughbred or two, pretty please!
True story. As a newbie I kept reading that I should get a mentor and they'll help you out and often give you horses to help you start out - I obviously misinterpreted and assumed that it was a given. My error - but as I kept reading newbies posting thanks for all the help and horses they were given I was curious about that and was given that advice when I e-mailed the mentor group. I think it was actually something to the effect of "well they have enough money and horses they could have given you something!" and then the blurb about being more social to get horses given to me lol!!
That being said my mentor was ALWAYS helpful with advice when I asked!
MicJee's Studs
Damascus Defender (TS) $20,000
That One Time (TR) $20,000
Onward Horse (Pacer) $5,000
Throwing Shadows (App Sprint) $8,000
Directing Perfect (TR) $5,000
Double Bass (Arabian Sprint) $5,000
Always Famous (SC) $5,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Robert Mcg wrote: 3 years ago
Robert Mcg wrote: 3 years ago the advice given by the mentor team was to get out there on chat and the forums to get horses.
Wow. 😂 Is that realistic? BRB, just off to Godolphin to ask for a thoroughbred or two, pretty please!
True story. As a newbie I kept reading that I should get a mentor and they'll help you out and often give you horses to help you start out - I obviously misinterpreted and assumed that it was a given. My error - but as I kept reading newbies posting thanks for all the help and horses they were given I was curious about that and was given that advice when I e-mailed the mentor group. I think it was actually something to the effect of "well they have enough money and horses they could have given you something!" and then the blurb about being more social to get horses given to me lol!!
Lol my mentor is a shrewd player, but a quiet one. When first assigned I got an email that was like "Hi, I'm your mentor, but you look competent enough and I'm sure you'll do great. Email me with questions". We have never connected since. Some are mother hens, some are sea turtles I guess. :lol:
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago Lol my mentor is a shrewd player, but a quiet one. When first assigned I got an email that was like "Hi, I'm your mentor, but you look competent enough and I'm sure you'll do great. Email me with questions". We have never connected since. Some are mother hens, some are sea turtles I guess. :lol:
I've secretly wanted to be a mentor, but I'm afraid I would be off-putting and not very helpful :lol:
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 3 years ago I've secretly wanted to be a mentor, but I'm afraid I would be off-putting and not very helpful :lol:
I used to think of being a mentor but after almost 13 real life years and 36 Sim years, I still haven't been able to figure out this game. Most of the new players are far more advanced and successful then I am. They could probably mentor me! :oops:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

We have some pretty amazing instruction manuals at this point. Experienced players probably don't read them but literally almost everything you could ever need to know is in there.

And Lily, I don't know who did the working up of the veterans here, but they definitely didn't get the equipment correct. The "I worry how I come across" filter is NOT on the right livestock! I think you would be great.
Mentor Program
Two Year Old

Post by Mentor Program »

You messaged with feedback on your mentor at the end of your new player time, which was great. Not much we could do to support you though because you didn’t raise your problems at any other point. The mentor program does NOT say you’ll definitely get given horses from your mentor, but lots do, but this is through building a relationship with that person, it’s a two way street.
You stated that you assumed all mentors would have the stable infrastructure to support a new player in that way- your assigned mentor certainly did and still does, but they weren’t obliged to give you horses. The fact they didn’t and other new players who went into chat and were active on the forum did (including from your mentor) seems to be your problem. I stated then in our reply that being more social would increase the likelihood of you being supported with horses and stand by that, not sure why it’s ‘funny’ advice- how on earth do you expect people to support you if they don’t know who you are?!
You also stated that you weren’t impressed with the advice given... you got good advice from someone who you communicated with by fluke you said (which proves the point that talking to people will get you support).
My conclusion was to not assign that person to a new player again. Please don’t continue to find fault in the program when we were unable to do anything about your mentor because we didn’t know until afterwards. Had you contacted us earlier we could have assigned someone else to be that one person for you.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I've really debated about speaking my mind about the direction of this thread but today is the day!

I can only laugh at the direction this thread had gone. I can't be the only one both laughing at the boasting of someone who think they have everything figured out and are above it all and that everything is about them. Then the ones that find fault with veteran players helping players out when they are in fact mad about not getting horses offered as well. Just. Wow.

Way to leave a very sour taste in the mouths of a lot of players. We have ones that think EVERYTHING is about them and then ones complaining about not getting the help of horses when they didn't ask for them. But saying its not 'fair" that others got horses.

Hilarious

I'll end this post with this.. I WILL continue to help new players that I see are wanting to stick around and who want to learn. Yes, players that come in chat and show an interest in learning the game and getting into the social aspect of it are the first ones a lot of us notice. Sorry that is just the way it is. Wait, actually I'm not sorry! You can't not reach out then want to be upset about the ones that do! I send out a lot of horses with the understanding that if they are not doing well send them back and I'll send others. I also add race links that are suitable for the horse to help new players out. Some are just sooooo good right off the bat they don't need help but I feel like new players do need help in that area. As someone said in this thread, the Sim is a LOT. And I 100% agree! Holy smokes its a million different things you have to know/understand! So reach out if you want/need help. As far as me, I'm not Willie Wonka or a baker so I am not gonna sugar coat things for you so if you need someone to baby you I'm probably not the one to come to.lol BUT if you want help I'm always here if you need it! And I have lots of horses that I do not want to even think about racing so help me!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Mentor Program wrote: 3 years ago

You messaged with feedback on your mentor at the end of your new player time, which was great. Not much we could do to support you though because you didn’t raise your problems at any other point. The mentor program does NOT say you’ll definitely get given horses from your mentor, but lots do, but this is through building a relationship with that person, it’s a two way street.
You stated that you assumed all mentors would have the stable infrastructure to support a new player in that way- your assigned mentor certainly did and still does, but they weren’t obliged to give you horses. The fact they didn’t and other new players who went into chat and were active on the forum did (including from your mentor) seems to be your problem. I stated then in our reply that being more social would increase the likelihood of you being supported with horses and stand by that, not sure why it’s ‘funny’ advice- how on earth do you expect people to support you if they don’t know who you are?!
You also stated that you weren’t impressed with the advice given... you got good advice from someone who you communicated with by fluke you said (which proves the point that talking to people will get you support).
My conclusion was to not assign that person to a new player again. Please don’t continue to find fault in the program when we were unable to do anything about your mentor because we didn’t know until afterwards. Had you contacted us earlier we could have assigned someone else to be that one person for you.
Just so there is no confusion, I had zero issues with my mentor. I got great informal mentors that helped a lot. And for all I knew he had teed that up, but regardless it made no difference. I never contacted him, never asked for a horse, so I never felt like he dropped a ball.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago

Just so there is no confusion, I had zero issues with my mentor. I got great informal mentors that helped a lot. And for all I knew he had teed that up, but regardless it made no difference. I never contacted him, never asked for a horse, so I never felt like he dropped a ball.
Honestly I'm not sure why you think every thing is personally about you but the Mentor Program was talking to and quoted Robert. Its sad that you feel like every single thing done or said is an attack about or against you. Just relax and enjoy the game. It is suppose to be fun. I've seen you make multiple post were you seem to be the only one who knows why the post was even made. I'm sorry you feel like its "you against the world!!" but again its a game just enjoy it.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

The more I see this and other threads evolve, I'm seeing a lot of hostility from certain noobs towards certain vets that have kind of ruffled so me feathers in the past, I'm sorry for that, I really am...but...

The things being said are grouping, at least where I see it, into one group and it is really annoying veteran players, this one included. We are in no way obligated to gift horses to anyone, it is done out of kindness and wanting to help players get going in the game. I've ways been, up until more recently, one of the first ones to gift horses to new(er) players because I know this game can't grow without new players seeing how wonderful it is. To those noobs who seem to have a problem with vets, for a number of reasons, but gifting horses for this argument, let's put the shoe on the other foot. You are the veteran player who sits in chat and screens the forum...a new player comes in chat really confused and not understanding why their horse just got injured and cost them 15k of cash they dont have. That was their only horse and they have no way of growing their barn and making money. You, as one of the MANY vets who gladly give people horses gift this person say, 5 runners to help them get on their feet again. 2 weeks later you see this thread where said player, whom you just helped, goes on a rant how no vets pay any attention to them or help them out and how EVERY vet seem to help others and not me but I don't engage with anyone in the community. I ask you, as a pretend vet who just did that good deed because you WANT to help people succeed, how does that make you feel?

The game isn't perfect, it's a tough climb that all of us have endured, or are enduring, at one time. The community is full of players that ALWAYS offer horses and advice at a moment's notice, so this idea that veteran players don't help or have it out for new players is false, and the accusations, I assure you, are well noted by MANY of those vets that so kindly offer whatever a new player needs to succeed, and it isn't going down the way you would have hoped in the minds of many of them.
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago

Honestly I'm not sure why you think every thing is personally about you but the Mentor Program was talking to and quoted Robert. Its sad that you feel like every single thing done or said is an attack about or against you. Just relax and enjoy the game. It is suppose to be fun. I've seen you make multiple post were you seem to be the only one who knows why the post was even made. I'm sorry you feel like its "you against the world!!" but again its a game just enjoy it.
Thanks Louise. I misread the thread, and had just posted that I had only one contact with my mentor. That's fine, no biggie. I also emailed the mentor program, in case there was any confusion.

Lots of people have spoken about their experiences with free horses, with Trial Park, etc. on this thread. I am not sure why you read it and conclude that I feel the whole thread is about me, I simply don't and have enjoyed seeing the perspectives of others on here.

I wonder if there could be a connection between you reading a thread with umpteen people on it and drawing the conclusion that I believe it is all about me, writing a snarky reply as people coming at me? I just wonder.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago

Thanks Louise. I misread the thread, and had just posted that I had only one contact with my mentor. That's fine, no biggie. I also emailed the mentor program, in case there was any confusion.

Lots of people have spoken about their experiences with free horses, with Trial Park, etc. on this thread. I am not sure why you read it and conclude that I feel the whole thread is about me, I simply don't and have enjoyed seeing the perspectives of others on here.

I wonder if there could be a connection between you reading a thread with umpteen people on it and drawing the conclusion that I believe it is all about me, writing a snarky reply as people coming at me? I just wonder.
Kelly, I've literally had zero issues with you so there is no "snark" behind it. But what I have seen is you turn multiple threads into a personal attack on you where you seem to be the only one that sees a comment as an attack much less one pointed at you. I've seen you post threads where you are the only one that even knows what its about like the 'If you want me to quit". Which scream to me that its just for attention. So yes I posted that its just a game and to relax and enjoy the game because you seem to be very upset a LOT. Again...it's just a game, enjoy it.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Look here's the deal. Plenty of players that are not me have talked about what the forum and chat are like. And we are constantly warned as new players to stay away from both. And then advised to be in both a lot. Then warned to stay away. But the forum and chat are not and were not where my frustration comes from. It's the gameplay, and the stuff that goes on there.

It's the new player (not me) that still can't get anything they try to get at an auction, in any division, without being outbid by the same person. It's the "flush and crush" of making sure that "Trent" has enough horses to drive new players out of TP and then entering enough way better horses last-minute in ANY other tb race they enter, even an obscure low-level state bred claiming race, to make sure that they aren't earning any purse money because you know that without first-class shipping they can't make a switch. It's a dozen other tactics just to torment and be an a** and restrict access to horses and purse money.

I am GLAD most people don't know what the hell I am talking about. That means most people aren't pulling this nonsense. But I have had so many emails about stuff like this where "omg he's doing that to me too" or "that happended to me 6 years ago when I was new". Clearly some people know exactly what I mean. And it goes on and on and on for multiple RL years, not SIM years. The forum comes in when you try to ask for help with something because this is going on and the exact same people (not Louise, to be very clear I never saw anything to suggest Louise was involved) come in over the top and make sure to discredit your post or turn it into a flame war or post a bunch of bs gifs or whatever. So that you can't get help.

I think we need to maybe be a little realistic about the new customer experience. And yes, I said customer. When you come into the game and find out that stuff like this has been going on forever it is not the best experience. And it sucks, both for the player and because it isn't a fair representation of what a lot of the people here are like. The ones that always feel sad and a little offended when they read this stuff, because they are behaving exactly the opposite and being helpful. I joined when a blatant cheat was going on at TP not for the first time, not for the second time, but at least for the third time. And it was pretty clear to me that something wasn't right about it. I joined with $100k, too. I had been monitoring the sales page and the claiming races for what was available, and with 30+ years in real racing I had some advantages in understanding what that meant to help me along. I remember paying $10k for my first "expensive" horse and being freaked out because it was so much of my budget. But Trent gets almost a thousand allowance and stakes level horses and earns about $9m in just a few months and not one flag on the play? Then I learn that this has been happening over and over? Meanwhile, some of the bs-pullers are making snarky forum posts about how Trent is "owning me" at TP? Why would someone that has been here 9 years and has that many horses be paying the slightest bit of attention to which newb is winning what at TP, especially when one of those isn't really a newb at all, but a cheat?

New customers don't want to spend their time policing this stuff. Or trying to go through the user interface one page at a time to gather the data required to build a case. And it isn't our job to keep dealing with it to so that the bullies don't win. People that do this stuff well into adulthood aren't going to learn anything except who will take repeated punches and who will be their enablers. This is a 100% contained envronment subject to management. There are answers if there is truly a zero tolerance policy on cheating and bullying. Some of these people claim to be Em's friends. I own 2 companies now, and I can tell you if someone treated my customers like this I wouldn't be calling them a friend. Good grief!

In the interest of trying to be constructive, here are some things that could help. Set up a "reports@simhorseracing.com" email where players can report these issues. Use a contracting service- there are several VERY affordable ones that I use for my businesses- to do a site audit/investigation of claims like this periodically, maybe twice per calendar year. I would have been willing to pay for it via purchase of game points just to stay and have a hope of a level playing field, but, whether the business or the customers fund it, contractors with access to the data tables should be able to find the anomolies and patterns pretty quickly. And then deal with the people that are causing the problems so that the better people can move forward without these jerks running customers off.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm gonna say this and I'm sure it will get the thread locked but someone needs to. Kelly, its not what you say its HOW you say it. To me, you come across as a know it all who likes to pat yourself on the back WAY more than you should or need to. You WANT to be involved in drama so you can show us all how smart you are and toss in pats on your own back along the way. We get it you are smart! But you can't be that way then want to be a victim. It rubs people the wrong way..a lot of people. So just like multiple emails about chat/forum, I've gotten them about your tone as well. There is a way to be constructive without coming off as a know it all.

You can take this any way you want but it is what it is. I'm done with this convo and I hope that you have a great day!