Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Why did Trent McEvoy leave?

Post by Andrew James »

Dan Gordon wrote: 3 years ago
Geoff Roberts wrote: 3 years ago you can ask him when he appears with his next "new" account, if you are able to spot it that is ;)
Wait, why would somebody want to leave 1,000 horses behind and start over? That sounds horrible! Plus he had some valuable horses. Just to get wins at Trial Park? I feel like there is some sort of inside joke that I'm missing.
Ive felt this way a couple of times. Hints that there's someone who keeps joining in, claiming a million horses and winning at Trial Park before getting caught and kicked out. What is the story here, is that actually the same person and if so, who?
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Supposedly, 3 or potentially 4 players in the past few SIM years have dominated Trial Park, amassed tons of horses (a lot of them pretty good ones from more experienced players), and then left after winning Trainer of the Year. All from Australia and starting within months of each other but not overlapping. However, I believe no concrete evidence has been presented to The Steward so for now, it's just a conspiracy theory.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Supposedly, 3 or potentially 4 players in the past few SIM years have dominated Trial Park, amassed tons of horses (a lot of them pretty good ones from more experienced players), and then left after winning Trainer of the Year. All from Australia and starting within months of each other but not overlapping. However, I believe no concrete evidence has been presented to The Steward so for now, it's just a conspiracy theory.
I actually do have the real evidence now - found it myself. Confirmed, unfortunately.

Makes me sad.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Please tell us all the juicy details
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

^^
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Kind of gives players like me reason to think real hard about gifting nice horses to newer players because of this guy....the good thing is there are "lease" options now where you don't have to just give the horse away, it comes back to you in the event this happens.
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Supposedly, 3 or potentially 4 players in the past few SIM years have dominated Trial Park, amassed tons of horses (a lot of them pretty good ones from more experienced players), and then left after winning Trainer of the Year. All from Australia and starting within months of each other but not overlapping. However, I believe no concrete evidence has been presented to The Steward so for now, it's just a conspiracy theory.
I actually do have the real evidence now - found it myself. Confirmed, unfortunately.

Makes me sad.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am so very glad the Steward was able to get to the bottom of this as it isn't good for the game to allow it to continue. There are, and remain, reasons why someone would do something like this. I am glad that most of the people here are too decent to think of them, though.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago I am so very glad the Steward was able to get to the bottom of this as it isn't good for the game to allow it to continue. There are, and remain, reasons why someone would do something like this. I am glad that most of the people here are too decent to think of them, though.
I wonder if he bought anything at the New Player Stewardbred auction last year, and if so if those could be held back for the restricted auction this year so that actual new players have a shot at them?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I hope I don’t get caught next...
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I hope I don’t get caught next...
[/quote

On another thread you said you were a different large stable as well. I’m guessing it’s just humor but if not I’ll clarify that at least for my part I never suspected that you were involved in this hustle. You could have been I guess, but you weren’t suspected.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Dan Gordon »

My head is exploding trying to comprehend this. If we were playing for money, it would be easy to understand. Were these Aussies putting New Trainer of the Year Sim Awards on their country club mantle? What kind of thrill is it to win a bunch of Trial Park races and then quit?
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Never 👏 trust 👏 Australians 👏

(Except Cleo)
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I don't think we should probably call out all Australians, as we've had some pretty awesome ones (although Tim might disagree with Cleo..... just kidding). So, no need for that. And fortunately, now we know what to look for.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I don't think we should probably call out all Australians, as we've had some pretty awesome ones (although Tim might disagree with Cleo..... just kidding). So, no need for that. And fortunately, now we know what to look for.
The Venezuela Rule has been extended
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’