Something positive (?)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Something positive (?)

Post by Lisa Bennert »

We've had quite a bit of drama here lately and my real life keeps going downhill too, so I'd like to put something positive out here for a change.

To those that may not be the best at reaching out to others and have gotten a negative impression of the community: While I've personally never had many "connections" in the Sim myself, but I've still been met with a lot of kindness and even received a few generous gifts over the years. I'd just like to give something back and help out some players that are struggling for whatever reason.

For reference: When I started, I completely kept to myself because I was so shy and thus I didn't learn much- my first two seasons I had 3 wins from 110 starts and I didn't win my first stakes race until my fifth season (yeah, I do often wonder why I even kept playing :lol: ) So I completely sympathize with anyone that's been around a while and is still struggling!

I'm still nowhere near a "top" barn and don't have freaks or fancy stakes TBs to hand out, but I could help you out with reliable allowance runners (I always have too many horses in my racing barn anyway), give some advice or just be a friendly person to share your frustrations and/ or achievements with. Please feel free to message me, I always enjoy sharing stuff with other people :)

I posted this here hoping this would be where most people will see it. If anyone else wants to share any offers or something similar, I'd be happy to see that. But if not, that's fine, too, I just wanted to make this offer. :)
Lisa
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Something positive (?)

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Lisa, you have always treated me very kindly in the past, and leased me some lovely little runners that gave me a sharpened taste for their divisions, and now I'm very much looking forward to the foals from those runners that you let me breed afterwards. You are a delightful gem in the sim community :)

Any shy newbies who might be reading this and debating whether to take up her offer, do shoot her a message, it was a positive experience for me that helped me see the true potential of this community.

I've leased out a few horses already this season, but I'll have some more next year to hopefully be able to give back a bit.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

I remember way back in Year 35 when I joined, I broke a horse and ended up 15k in the red and had no hope on getting out and getting going again...a newer player herself Nini Hunter gifted me 50k SIM cash to get me back out, never once expecting it back, she is an example of vets who always offer help to those in need. I remember Tamara Estes gifted me some mares, my first ones, to get me going in the breeding shed, another example of wonderful people I've met along the way. Steph Lohnro gifted me my first ever Steward Bred that same year, not wanting anything in return, just stating Steph knew what it was like to be a noob and wanted to pay it forward.

I'm not a top trainer or a well known barn at all, but I'd be glad to lease a couple of horses to help some new(er) players get going if you'd like to reach out.

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Jack Meyer is a good guy. I know he reached out to me for something but darn if I can remember. All I know is he is on my "buddy list" for some reason. When he says he's not a top trainer....well look at his profile. He has accomplished quite a bit. He'll definitely help you.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Funny how life works sometimes, I try to post/ do something nice and the very next day another bad thing happens and I had to leave town for a while. I meant to reply to this sooner, but I could only do a little entering/ shipping here the last two weeks.
Shannon Hunt wrote: 3 years ago Lisa, you have always treated me very kindly in the past, and leased me some lovely little runners that gave me a sharpened taste for their divisions, and now I'm very much looking forward to the foals from those runners that you let me breed afterwards. You are a delightful gem in the sim community :)

Any shy newbies who might be reading this and debating whether to take up her offer, do shoot her a message, it was a positive experience for me that helped me see the true potential of this community.

I've leased out a few horses already this season, but I'll have some more next year to hopefully be able to give back a bit.
Shannon, thank you so much for your kind reply, reading this really brightened my day! :)
Jack Meyer wrote: 3 years ago I remember way back in Year 35 when I joined, I broke a horse and ended up 15k in the red and had no hope on getting out and getting going again...a newer player herself Nini Hunter gifted me 50k SIM cash to get me back out, never once expecting it back, she is an example of vets who always offer help to those in need. I remember Tamara Estes gifted me some mares, my first ones, to get me going in the breeding shed, another example of wonderful people I've met along the way. Steph Lohnro gifted me my first ever Steward Bred that same year, not wanting anything in return, just stating Steph knew what it was like to be a noob and wanted to pay it forward.

I'm not a top trainer or a well known barn at all, but I'd be glad to lease a couple of horses to help some new(er) players get going if you'd like to reach out.

Jack
Jack, these are exactly the kind of things I had in mind when making this post, the little gestures that can mean so much and help out a lot especially when you are a newer player! And, for what it's worth, I'd definitely consider you to be a "top trainer", lol.

Lisa
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Also, due to my not so great real life situation right now, I have quite a few decent runners in my barn that I don't really have the energy to enter. So if anyone wants to race some for free shoot me a pm!
Lisa
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Lisa - I hope your real life situation improves.
I'm just here for the fun of it
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lisa, sorry to hear about real life. Sometimes I'm not a fan of it myself.... okay often. But that's what makes the SIM good :-) Hope you're okay!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 3 years ago Lisa - I hope your real life situation improves.
Thank you, even a small message like this sometimes means a lot.
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Lisa, sorry to hear about real life. Sometimes I'm not a fan of it myself.... okay often. But that's what makes the SIM good :-) Hope you're okay!
Thanks, it may sound silly, but I've found that sometimes when there isn't really anything you can look forward to in real life, the Sim can really help. Because there's always something to be hopeful and excited about within the next few weeks :)
Lisa
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I hope things get better for you soon, Lisa ❤
You have always been so kind, and wonderful to talk to in our interactions.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!