Where did all the Billy Anderson Horses Go?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Where did all the Billy Anderson Horses Go?

Post by Stormy Peak »

RNB Stables wrote: 3 years ago Easy solve... if someone leaves the game or banned, horses are pensioned and removed to AJ, people can buy them for 1$ and watch them frolic in their own pastures if they wish.. no worries about who got what when, seems it would take the value of them out of the game and no one can complain about it.
I would rather hear people complain than to think about some great bloodlines that could be greatly diminished in the Sim by doing that.

-------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Xander Zone wrote: 3 years ago I will miss the rapid fire do you want to buy this horse or do you have anything to sell questions !
Billy reminded me of a short term stock market player. Lol
^ +1 Not about missing him, but about that he reminded me of a short term trader too. Like 90 percent of short term traders, it sounds like he wasn't making any money.

He used to send me lowball offers on my stuff like a million for something I paid 3 for. Then he would "up" his offer to 1.2 million. Like an extra 200K of sim bucks would change my mind and make me sell something potentially very nice. Honestly, he didn't seem to understand that some of us value the sim bucks as nothing. Alternately, racing the horses and the experience is viewed as priceless.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

“ Honestly, he didn't seem to understand that some of us value the sim bucks as nothing. Alternately, racing the horses and the experience is viewed as priceless.”

Bravo Sir! Well said.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago
RNB Stables wrote: 3 years ago Easy solve... if someone leaves the game or banned, horses are pensioned and removed to AJ, people can buy them for 1$ and watch them frolic in their own pastures if they wish.. no worries about who got what when, seems it would take the value of them out of the game and no one can complain about it.
I would rather hear people complain than to think about some great bloodlines that could be greatly diminished in the Sim by doing that.

-------
Stormy
Normally I'd agree with Stormy on this, but as someone who is scrambling to put together hundreds of thousands of sim bucks to buy back a nice horse I gave away to a player who then left, there's a part of me that's having a Franky Dam 'if I can't have her no one can' moment. But I'll get over it. ;)
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.