Where did all the Billy Anderson Horses Go?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Where did all the Billy Anderson Horses Go?

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

He was recently disbursed, but there was never an auction for his horses?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Where did all the Billy Anderson Horses Go?

Post by Gavin Guile »

Posted to sales page apparently - strange
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Strange isn't the word I'd use. I thought all dispersals were now done by auction.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago Strange isn't the word I'd use. I thought all dispersals were now done by auction.
Agree, that’s why I found it strange
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Bummer, I had my eye on a couple of horses I knew he owned that I really wanted. II guess Gigi was in the right place at the right time and got them. Good for her, but unfortunate for me.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 3 years ago Bummer, I had my eye on a couple of horses I knew he owned that I really wanted. II guess Gigi was in the right place at the right time and got them. Good for her, but unfortunate for me.
Unfortunate for everyone who wasn't on at the right time. Its why all dispersals should go to auction.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It's not "strange" - the system automatically sends barns with less than 25 horses to the sales page, rather than auction. No one would have noticed if he wasn't a big name, but we never foresaw such a "major" stable having less than 25 horses! If every single player who signed up, created a horse, bought a horse, and disappeared went to an auction, it would be non stop auctions all the time, so we picked an arbitrary separation number.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

He just messaged me a few weeks ago? I guess he just quit?
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Amy Bahama wrote: 3 years ago He just messaged me a few weeks ago? I guess he just quit?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51468
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

How does the system determine the sales price for these horses? I doubt the system does that for every barn with less 25 horses but maybe I’m mistaken? If it was manually done (which is probably an exception) then I would have thought putting them in an auction would have been easier/fairer solution since they are already being treated differently than a normal barn with less than 25?

But it already done, so all good. Just wanted to explain my “strange” comment above since the response was directed at that.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Where did all the FLOWERS Go?

Post by Art K Stables »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecyI0SM85YE

I guess Zibanejad will have to face Symbol of Spirit from GG barn..
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Well, I'll just pipe in with that I had the main horse I bought in my alerts and I had been watching that one like a hawk for days to see wherever and however she went up for sale or auction, so when she did, I was able to pick her up quickly - and I had to drop a ton of game points in the exchange and give up a stew slot to get her so it was most definitely not an impulse buy. I'd been chasing that horse for ages since her pedigree is full of stallions I bred. She's not a freak by the way, in case anyone cares, so her price was reasonable.

Then I searched for Billy-bred horses in Jaysman and picked up a yearling for $50K - even though I was somewhat skeptical of Billy-bred horses since he didn't focus on that, but you never know. That one is a dirt router allowance colt, by the way, so no crazy big win there. But that told me that those horses might be in Jaysman for other prices, and I found one other by searching on Jaysman but at $5001 or more to weed out any 'regular' Jaysman horses. That one is a fairly useful turf router but he's older and doesn't have a legit dam line so he's really gelding material, but will likely earn a fair bit even so , so worth the pick up. But he's not the next big thing.

That's what I found, and how I found them. I most certainly did not get them all. One VERY nice one sold later today and a new player got a phenomenal bargain on one superstar that was only 5K so even I missed that one. Or maybe it was on the new player page, I don't know. But that is a happy story. As for all the rest, I have no idea where they are and the ones Billy didn't breed I don't know who they are so couldn't find them even if I wanted to. They may still be in Jaysman's for all I know, or they've been picked up by other shrewd searchers.

Brandon, if either of those two colts I got is one of the ones you really wanted, let me know, I'll sell on to you for what I paid. I don't want any bad feelings. If it smooths things over I'll even put those two in an auction and donate any profits to new players with low or negative bankrolls. Whatever the simsters want.

And just to clear up the Symbol of Spirit purchase, I bought that one from Billy before he left, and paid a ton for him through a deal arranged in week 14 of last year. That one was NOT part of this dispersal. And before anyone asks, I bought Rydell from Billy over the break as well. That one also was NOT in this bunch.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Gavin Guile wrote: 3 years ago How does the system determine the sales price for these horses? I doubt the system does that for every barn with less 25 horses but maybe I’m mistaken? If it was manually done (which is probably an exception) then I would have thought putting them in an auction would have been easier/fairer solution since they are already being treated differently than a normal barn with less than 25?

But it already done, so all good. Just wanted to explain my “strange” comment above since the response was directed at that.
All the horses went up for sale for $5k. I didn't notice until people started buying them. At that point it is certainly NOT easier to take them down, start an auction, etc. It IS easier to throw "real" prices on them, including a $10 mil price tag that I just wanted to see if I could get someone to bite (I did). Again, it was an interesting lesson in 25 being not the correct cutoff number, but maybe there has to be more to it - if there are only 2 horses left and they are both G1 winners, those probably shouldn't be $5k on the sales page either!
Chris Barber
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Chris Barber »

Yep I paid 10m for a horse I sold a few weeks ago for 2m....DOH! I really wanted him back and was hoping to get him.in a dispersal sale. So these horses certainly never went cheap, well not for me anyway lol
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

There are just too many people keeping alerts on things.. I am always a day late and a dollar short and always miss any kind of sale.. Its my model for success. I am also glad this was cleared up before people started assuming secret deals in dark alleys.