Where did all the Billy Anderson Horses Go?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Re: Where did all the Billy Anderson Horses Go?

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 3 years ago Brandon, if either of those two colts I got is one of the ones you really wanted, let me know, I'll sell on to you for what I paid. I don't want any bad feelings. If it smooths things over I'll even put those two in an auction and donate any profits to new players with low or negative bankrolls. Whatever the simsters want.
Thanks for the offer Gigi. Definitely no bad feelings and you are welcome to keep both. You got them fair and square. You did exactly what any of us would have done in that situation and you just happened to be quicker to click the buy button than I was. I was just surprised to see the horses sold this morning when I woke up.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 3 years ago How does the system determine the sales price for these horses? I doubt the system does that for every barn with less 25 horses but maybe I’m mistaken? If it was manually done (which is probably an exception) then I would have thought putting them in an auction would have been easier/fairer solution since they are already being treated differently than a normal barn with less than 25?

But it already done, so all good. Just wanted to explain my “strange” comment above since the response was directed at that.
All the horses went up for sale for $5k. I didn't notice until people started buying them. At that point it is certainly NOT easier to take them down, start an auction, etc. It IS easier to throw "real" prices on them, including a $10 mil price tag that I just wanted to see if I could get someone to bite (I did). Again, it was an interesting lesson in 25 being not the correct cutoff number, but maybe there has to be more to it - if there are only 2 horses left and they are both G1 winners, those probably shouldn't be $5k on the sales page either!

So how are we going to handle this type of thing in the future?
There are many players that have nice horses and keep small barns.
If all of these horses were claimers it would not be a problem, but most of these were not.

Just trying to get a little bit more clarification for the future since I did have interest in some of those horses and was waiting for an actual auction to be posted.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 3 years ago How does the system determine the sales price for these horses? I doubt the system does that for every barn with less 25 horses but maybe I’m mistaken? If it was manually done (which is probably an exception) then I would have thought putting them in an auction would have been easier/fairer solution since they are already being treated differently than a normal barn with less than 25?

But it already done, so all good. Just wanted to explain my “strange” comment above since the response was directed at that.
All the horses went up for sale for $5k. I didn't notice until people started buying them. At that point it is certainly NOT easier to take them down, start an auction, etc. It IS easier to throw "real" prices on them, including a $10 mil price tag that I just wanted to see if I could get someone to bite (I did). Again, it was an interesting lesson in 25 being not the correct cutoff number, but maybe there has to be more to it - if there are only 2 horses left and they are both G1 winners, those probably shouldn't be $5k on the sales page either!
Is there a way to set the system up based on a horse number or bank balance cutoff instead of just horse number. ie instead of going automatically to auction if there are more than 25 horses instead go to auction if there are more than 25 million or the player has more than $1 million in their account (not sure what Anderson's bank balance was).

I will say 25 is a pretty small number so not sure how common a problem this would be. I mean yea players with nice horses have smaller barns but how many are really <25
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

His account was only $200k at the time.... so again, very strange and unusual circumstance!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Would you be able to set it so that a horse that had a gallop of allowance or higher went to auction if the barn was under 25 horses?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Or maybe if there is at least one stakes or freak in the barn they all go to auction.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Chris Barber wrote: 3 years ago Yep I paid 10m for a horse I sold a few weeks ago for 2m....DOH! I really wanted him back and was hoping to get him.in a dispersal sale. So these horses certainly never went cheap, well not for me anyway lol
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago His account was only $200k at the time.... so again, very strange and unusual circumstance!
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago It's not "strange" - the system automatically sends barns with less than 25 horses to the sales page, rather than auction. No one would have noticed if he wasn't a big name, but we never foresaw such a "major" stable having less than 25 horses! If every single player who signed up, created a horse, bought a horse, and disappeared went to an auction, it would be non stop auctions all the time, so we picked an arbitrary separation number.

So.... If one Billy Anderson was banned. Same said Billy Anderson was referred to as a "major" stable and was even known in the last few weeks to be making Multi-million dollar transactions. Whom was the lucky recipient of his fall from grace since the money and horses went.... Somewhere?
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I will miss the rapid fire do you want to buy this horse or do you have anything to sell questions !
Billy reminded me of a short term stock market player. Lol
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I have 41 horses and I’m thinking about cutting back to just a racing barn and stakes or better (just thinking). If I did that I would have 22 horses (20 stakes, 2 freaks), 17 steward breds, 2 millionaire stallion types and I only have ~500k. Maybe time as a player in the SIM should be a criteria along with horse count.

I had a lot of frustrating dealings with Billy but got a good horse now and then. He was something.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

I didn’t really have any interactions with him, save one. As soon as Deputy Dog debuted with a 98, he sent me a message almost immediately wanting to buy her. Glad I didn’t.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago I have 41 horses and I’m thinking about cutting back to just a racing barn and stakes or better (just thinking). If I did that I would have 22 horses (20 stakes, 2 freaks), 17 steward breds, 2 millionaire stallion types and I only have ~500k. Maybe time as a player in the SIM should be a criteria along with horse count.

I had a lot of frustrating dealings with Billy but got a good horse now and then. He was something.
Well Keith I guess you don't have any allowance late bloomers, or maybe just get rid of them just so you can fit the criterion? :)
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

RNB Stables wrote: 3 years ago
Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago I have 41 horses and I’m thinking about cutting back to just a racing barn and stakes or better (just thinking). If I did that I would have 22 horses (20 stakes, 2 freaks), 17 steward breds, 2 millionaire stallion types and I only have ~500k. Maybe time as a player in the SIM should be a criteria along with horse count.

Well Keith I guess you don't have any allowance late bloomers, or maybe just get rid of them just so you can fit the criterion? :)
I do have some allowance late bloomers and yes this was just an example to fit the 25 or less number. I more than likely will never do this but it could happen so keep an eye out😎
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

Billy also has a Horse transport listed for sale, only one previous owner (Hertz) ;)
Jess Dowson
Derby Contender

Post by Jess Dowson »

He got banned
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Easy solve... if someone leaves the game or banned, horses are pensioned and removed to AJ, people can buy them for 1$ and watch them frolic in their own pastures if they wish.. no worries about who got what when, seems it would take the value of them out of the game and no one can complain about it.