What do ya think?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Re: What do ya think?

Post by LA Pepper »

Stephen Saratoga wrote: 3 years ago . You will only be breaking his perfect record.
No comment on whether he should run. I am sooo below Kentucky Derby level, But a 'perfect' record without being tested means absolutely nothing, Except to trick players that don't research for their breeding into giving you money, IMO. Also if he looses at 1 1/4 mile but excels at less, your future breeders will send him appropriate mares and make his stats better.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Hoping we get the top 3-year-old from every division in the Derby this year because it’s only a game and if the horses are talented enough why not give it a shot!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I personally wouldn't do it but if you don't mind whatever placing you get, even if its a poor one, then why not. The worst you can do is finish last and go back to mile races.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I think my only input - I'm happy for him to run or not run - is that for you and anyone else trying multi-distances, don't think that a finish in the Derby itself is indicative of overall routing ability. Someone has to finish last in the Derby, even amongst the "true" routers.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Hoping we get the top 3-year-old from every division in the Derby this year because it’s only a game and if the horses are talented enough why not give it a shot!
🚨🚨🚨 Square Alert 🚨🚨🚨
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Looks as if, for the moment anyway, Randall/Chase have opted out.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yella?
;p
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think its hard enough just to win the distance most obviously preferred, of which there is no guarantee.. but if you have a few dozen SC champs coming down the pike, I would consider it. Otherwise, probably not..
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I don't think the Derby is the race to "try" a route distance.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

You could always sponsor a nice G1 race if you can't find one for the week you want. There is no shame in sponsoring a race!