What do ya think?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

What do ya think?

Post by Randell Johnson »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Chase Elliott

Send him to the Triple Crown (or at least the Kentucky Derby)?

He is 6 for 6 with three Grade 1's, and a Stewards Cup win, 812k, but he is a Dirt Miler...
He is out of Kentucky Wildcat, which says there could be some distance in the blood.

I have him entered at the moment, but wanted to see what people thought.

Thanks,
Have an Excellent Day,
Randy
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: What do ya think?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Love it, please consider Baltimore too.
;p
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

This kind of sums up my thoughts.

Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Yes.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Distance could be a concern here, but you will never know unless you try right?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Thomas Hamilton
Two Year Old

Post by Thomas Hamilton »

What Pete said ....... be brave 👍
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Do it! I'd love to see it!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Go big or go home, right?
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Zero chance. Won't hit the board. I raced the dam and the 2nd dam. You've done perfect managing him so far. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. You will only be breaking his perfect record. And the dam of Kentucky Wildcat was a miler too.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I don't see how racing a miler in a route race will be effective. Good luck, but I have failed every time that I tried to "reinvent the wheel" in the Sim.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I've tried the 2yo turf triple twice, once I won the whole thing and the other time my filly only won the final leg but ran well in the other two. Both were pure bred turf routers, not an ounce of turf sprint/mile breeding in them. I think playing outside of the box is fun and yes it might not be successful but you won't know unless you try. And I actually agree with what Tim Matthews once said, that in big races horses run to their competition rather than to their ability on that specific surface/distance. Look at Canadian Triple Crown winners like Lazy Dog, weak TR Grade 1 and he managed to win the Canadian Triple because he was just THAT good a racehorse and THAT much better than the TRs. I'm not saying Chase Elliott is much better than this lot, but on pure ability he probably stacks up.

Ultimately it's your choice, I think it's a fun opportunity and you should go for it but if you'd prefer to preserve a perfect record then go the safe route.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I would say if you just really wanted to try him against routers to go to the Crown.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

If he were mine, I wouldn't. But what do I know :?
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

It’s funny cause in real life a lot of times the best a miler or Sprinter will run two turns if the first time they try it if they are not truly meant for it .

That being said that mare has not gave any clue she wants to produce a classic distance horse .
I think most fuel distance horses cut back to a mile not the other way around .

With all that said if you are going to try it why not in the Derby go big or go home they say and it gives you a derby horse in real life it would happen and if you are okay with running last if it fails then why not as this game tag use to be the horses may be fake but the emotions are real!
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

What do you lose by entering in the derby? Worst case scenario he finishes last and you're out 30k. Who cares? What else are you going to do, run him in the Derby mile for a <90k profit? Lol.

It's just a game. You have a good horse, you might as well have some fun. And I see no reason why you can't run in both the derby AND the crown. (The belmont I wouldn't, but that's only because around that time of year there's other good mile races you could do instead.)

And if you want to listen to the squares who breed and campaign every horse the same way, then go ahead! Whatever sparks joy!
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’