Derby Hype?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Derby Hype?

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Excited for this Derby - who has thoughts/picks/secrets to share on the field? :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Derby Hype?

Post by Gwayne's World »

Thoughts: Thinking exhausts me.

Picks: Poldark.

Secrets: If I told you, it would no longer be a secret ;)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I feel like Into the Unknown and Crimson Horizons will do the whole Affirmed/Alydar thing and I'm hyped for it!

My horse sucks, nobody pick him! He's in there because the race hasn't filled yet and he's stakes so why not.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago I feel like Into the Unknown and Crimson Horizons will do the whole Affirmed/Alydar thing and I'm hyped for it!

My horse sucks, nobody pick him! He's in there because the race hasn't filled yet and he's stakes so why not.
LOL I had to pick a colt, have 2 freaks I think could run decently, but one is actually still a maiden (even though he last ran second to crimson horizons) so I decided he'd run elsewhere instead of throwing him to the sharks :lol:
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Okay here's a thought.

Stretching out to ten furlongs is a whole different 'animal,' as opposed to 8.5 or 9 furlongs.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Thoughts: I'm Terrified

Picks: Crimson Horizons (reason I'm terrified)

Secrets: I remember a wise man from here once told me, "you can't win it if you aren't entered", the legend of Scott Eiland lives on, RIP my brother.
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 3 years ago Okay here's a thought.

Stretching out to ten furlongs is a whole different 'animal,' as opposed to 8.5 or 9 furlongs.
This is very true
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Just entered my colt. He seems to run 1st then 2nd, 1st then 2nd. So fingers crossed that continues ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

My Derby thoughts - Fantastic Beast comes from a family who loves to disappoint somebody so he is either going to disappoint me or his non-believers :D However, distance should not be the reason. Prolly will fall on his face like he did in the Juvenile.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I've got Can't Take the Sky in. I'm running for third behind the fillies :/
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

My big mistake in Triple Crown Trail is I never include fillies :lol:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We've obviously had good fillies run in the Derby and good fillies win AND lose the Derby, but I don't think we've ever had a year where everyone seemed to think a filly winning was a foregone conclusion. For a filly to win, the colts usually have to be kinda slow. Is that what is going on this year?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago We've obviously had good fillies run in the Derby and good fillies win AND lose the Derby, but I don't think we've ever had a year where everyone seemed to think a filly winning was a foregone conclusion. For a filly to win, the colts usually have to be kinda slow. Is that what is going on this year?
My horse takes offense to being called slow. Its okay Beast, I love you at least.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago We've obviously had good fillies run in the Derby and good fillies win AND lose the Derby, but I don't think we've ever had a year where everyone seemed to think a filly winning was a foregone conclusion. For a filly to win, the colts usually have to be kinda slow. Is that what is going on this year?
NO! 8-)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I disagree, would you call the horses in Skyfall's Derby slow? And Wish Upon A Star (another filly) was 5th in that race. Or, Owl Let You Know beat a field that included The People's Horse, I wouldn't consider them slow.