Second Equipment Piece Still in Doubt

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Second Equipment Piece Still in Doubt

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I have a two year old DR filly who is productive progressive. I asked and got her equipment as Lasix plus a trainer piece. I galloped until week 5 then worked all trainer type equipment with no conclusive second piece. So I decided to just gallop and now have 46 gallops and no second piece. I’m surprised she not dead.

Anyone think they might have the record for gallops not giving up the trainer equipment?
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Second Equipment Piece Still in Doubt

Post by Carole Hanson »

Keith, I’ve just had a look at her. I think the results of her works are inconclusive because you were working her at irregular intervals so she was getting different amounts of rest and might have been somewhat less fit for a couple of the works. That being said, I think try lasix and sure win again, after so many gallops I’d think she would be very fit at this point and I do think that equipment will give you the best time. The last time she worked with that equipment was off the back of a 3 week rest and that was still her fastest work to date.

As for your actual question, I definitely don’t hold the record for that! I absolutely hate galloping and hoping for equipment, I much much prefer giving them workouts even if it means repeating certain combinations a couple of times. But I admire people who have the patience to just keep galloping :)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I was curious concerning the EquiArmor training addon so I splurged and coughed up a mil to get it.

After using it, I can't see being without it, even for my small stable.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

With a productive I would just pick the most likely (Usually blinkers/shadow roll/figure 8) and then race her, if that's what you wanna do.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

This is a good time for a barrier trial...ask the jock.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

yes i have hit around 57 gallops once.. I have a couple of yearlings who have combined for over 30 with nothing.. annoying!!!!