Biggest Slide Ever?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Biggest Slide Ever?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Since breeding potential and racing are separate and There is possibilities for slides in breeding, dmb is most certainly a slide in both departments leading to my opinion that he is the biggest slide.

Own it jon. You Are the king of the slide, everyone else is playing on the monkey bars.
;p
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I’m not sure how many of you have heard of this horse, but it is hands down the biggest slide in the game.
Truth
So proud that the Andrew and Dylan boys have nominated Dave Matthews Band as the biggest slide horse in the game. Since slides are associated with active racers and not stud ability and because biggest slide alludes to “coming out of left field”, I would politely question their statement. Because You Never Know did have some ability as did Warehouse as an influencer on the dam side. So is DMB the King of Slydes? Humbly, no. “... ain’t even in the same ballpark...”. jX
I don’t see DMB as a huge slide... https://www.simhorseracing.com/horsedet ... ID=1023341
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Id say that Deputy Governor was also a pretty big slide... his female side isn't very sparkling.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=928590

Though I guess that line really really liked Kitasan Black as Unusual Sugar was talented, not as talented, but talented
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Since breeding potential and racing are separate and There is possibilities for slides in breeding, dmb is most certainly a slide in both departments leading to my opinion that he is the biggest slide.

Own it jon. You Are the king of the slide, everyone else is playing on the monkey bars.
Andrew, we all know what you are really trying to say regarding Dave Matthews Band and me by association ("You"). I'm calling you out right here right now and asking that you clearly and concisely state for the record what you really want to say about Dave Matthews Band and/or me. Just say it. jX
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

#7 Post by Kaine Saracen » 1 day ago

Carole Hanson wrote: ↑1 day ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: ↑1 day ago
Not that outrageous seeing as he’s 3x4 to Reach For the Moon
That’s true, but the 2nd dam is all turf route. Only the sire line is turf sprint hence the 3x4 to Reach for the Moon. How did breeding her to a turf sprinter result in an “unpredictable” broodmare that produced what I assume to be a ‘freak’ from a so-so stud? I think it’s pretty mind boggling, but definitely interesting and makes me want to experiment with this a little.
Storm Jewel

"This mare is totally the kind of horse that could work to your experiment. The dam sire is so good routing, the pedigree good miling, the mare good sprinting. I like it.

(This is not me saying it will work. That's up to your stallion choice. I just think you're on to something)."

I don't imagine anything is impossible.. other than me possibly finding the RIGHT sire here to continue the project.
I think it is great to see that people are looking beyond the lines previously drawn assuming a horse to be a purely specific division. We have plenty of new arriving studs with mixed capabilities and a lot of those studs have lines associated with divisions not in the usual placements.

Actually Satono Diamond was a RL horse that could produce anything in the game. He had stakes winning TR, AW and TS. Was a pretty cool stallion.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Before I misinterpret your words: DMB, Biggest slide ever? Subjective. I say yes. Not a slide, nor a big slide? Arguably false.
-Harry potter and Doctor, no arguing there. Amazing dudes.
-You Never Know, arguably small slide. Average stud. Misty Half step's only major progeny. No successful half's or other related from that line?
-Take These Chances looks like a very average stud in comparison to todays guys. His top progeny haven't done anything else to further that line.
-Rowdy behavior, Successful broodmare with nothing else to show past DMB in her lineage
-Warehouse just looks, in stats, like a bad stud. Progeny earnings, foal percentages. Mass breeders would make 200 colts a year and put them all claimers to win the claim game.
-Felt as recently, face value is a bad mare but there's Raven. He appears to be a nice slide, insanely inbred but well placed and trained to live up to his potential.
-Viola is a star mare. So the raw breeding potential is ok, but nothing showing near to the same level of potential on the track or in the shed.
The point being there is no super star mares in this pedigree. No corona, maryland million, nothing lined up and down the page for 4 generations of success on both sides and onwards in the families that would indicate a build up to the single best hypoing and top producing DR stud in the game and active right now. Personally, I would say biggest slide in the game. The numbers are the numbers and whatever they are is what they be, if they add up greatness that's how it is. If he flops in the long run and isn't the influence he is on the track because of that lack of pedigree, that's how it's fated in this universe. Some might agree, others might not. That is my argument for that opinion.

There is no denying Jon Xett has one of the best DR barns in the game, constantly producing top runners and future mares, as crazy as some of the pedigrees may be. The more I reread you previous comment, I am torn between the idea that you might be trying to get aggressive with me and that you're usually about as full of it as you can stick. I don't know what we all know i'm try to say, but feel free to PM your problems and I'll chat you up about it or tell you where to stick it. I'm easy like sunday mornin'.
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Before I misinterpret your words: DMB, Biggest slide ever? Subjective. I say yes.

There is no denying Jon Xett has one of the best DR barns in the game, constantly producing top runners and future mares, as crazy as some of the pedigrees may be. The more I reread you previous comment, I am torn between the idea that you might be trying to get aggressive with me and that you're usually about as full of it as you can stick. I don't know what we all know i'm try to say, but feel free to PM your problems and I'll chat you up about it or tell you where to stick it. I'm easy like sunday mornin'.
Andrew, Your "Subjective" comment is spot on. Your analysis is valid and I appreciate your opinion.

Your closing statement is to the point and I can accept your sentiment, for certain. Here's the thing: I finally understand from your statement about my DR barn producing top runners and future mares from my unconventional breeding methods as a recognition that you know that I do not cheat, I do not get special treatment and the randomness of SIM is part of the charm.

In conclusion, it is not aggression that I was seeking, rather it was my need for a clear understanding. I am reminded of my friend Scott Eiland, who constantly referred to me in his podcasts as The Godfather of SIM. When I asked why, he simply stated, "respect". jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

With all due respect, Carole Hanson, my sincere apologies for hijacking your interesting thread. And I would offer Eh Hee https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=253219 as a candidate for a biggest slide. Now, only if there was a White Castle hamburger joint nearby. I'm famished. JX
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Did we forget about Distant Dream? 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Jeaux was by far the biggest slide ever.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Randall Allen wrote: 3 years ago Jeaux was by far the biggest slide ever.
Shoot. Can’t argue there either
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
Do mixers even count?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Post by Doug Cuomo »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago With all due respect to the breeder, but I'm shocked to see this son of As Loki Ascends (TS) out of a mare whose dam is a Turf Router get a time as fast as 22.38 at 2f turf!! And it looks like this horse might be a 'freak' galloper given that As Loki Ascends has just one of those, and none of his other good horses look as quick as this one.

Was this just a very unusual random slide? Or was this a case of very clever breeding?

Either way, cool stuff Matthew McMahon, best of luck with him!
Actually not a freak, which means the freak ALA baby is still to be discovered (by someone other than the owner?)

Wait a second does that horse have BEAGLE in the name?! *sets on fire...
God of Mischief is ALA's freak. As a side note only See You Monday has ever run a faster 3f on turf.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago And I would offer Eh Hee https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=253219 as a candidate for a biggest slide.
I’m curious why you’d consider Eh Hee a random slide. He’s got several millionaire siblings from a $360K earning dam.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
Do mixers even count?
In the words of Timothy “GUN” Matthews Junior, The Deuce: “No.”
;p