Biggest Slide Ever?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Biggest Slide Ever?

Post by Carole Hanson »

With all due respect to the breeder, but I'm shocked to see this son of As Loki Ascends (TS) out of a mare whose dam is a Turf Router get a time as fast as 22.38 at 2f turf!! And it looks like this horse might be a 'freak' galloper given that As Loki Ascends has just one of those, and none of his other good horses look as quick as this one.

Was this just a very unusual random slide? Or was this a case of very clever breeding?

Either way, cool stuff Matthew McMahon, best of luck with him!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Biggest Slide Ever?

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

brain explosion
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Not that outrageous seeing as he’s 3x4 to Reach For the Moon
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago Not that outrageous seeing as he’s 3x4 to Reach For the Moon
That’s true, but the 2nd dam is all turf route. Only the sire line is turf sprint hence the 3x4 to Reach for the Moon. How did breeding her to a turf sprinter result in an “unpredictable” broodmare that produced what I assume to be a ‘freak’ from a so-so stud? I think it’s pretty mind boggling, but definitely interesting and makes me want to experiment with this a little.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

I don't think that Matt's yearling colt here is as ridiculous as his 2yo filly Pymble
I have a stable full of cats
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago I don't think that Matt's yearling colt here is as ridiculous as his 2yo filly Pymble
She's definitely surprising, but I don't think she's as surprising as the yearling colt, seeing as her dam line is actually TS
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago Not that outrageous seeing as he’s 3x4 to Reach For the Moon
That’s true, but the 2nd dam is all turf route. Only the sire line is turf sprint hence the 3x4 to Reach for the Moon. How did breeding her to a turf sprinter result in an “unpredictable” broodmare that produced what I assume to be a ‘freak’ from a so-so stud? I think it’s pretty mind boggling, but definitely interesting and makes me want to experiment with this a little.
Storm Jewel

"This mare is totally the kind of horse that could work to your experiment. The dam sire is so good routing, the pedigree good miling, the mare good sprinting. I like it.

(This is not me saying it will work. That's up to your stallion choice. I just think you're on to something)."

I don't imagine anything is impossible.. other than me possibly finding the RIGHT sire here to continue the project.
I think it is great to see that people are looking beyond the lines previously drawn assuming a horse to be a purely specific division. We have plenty of new arriving studs with mixed capabilities and a lot of those studs have lines associated with divisions not in the usual placements.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Just checked and this was bred on a B- nick. Super cool but don’t think it was necessarily clever breeding, sometimes all you need is. a bit of luck.
yeah
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I’m not sure how many of you have heard of this horse, but it is hands down the biggest slide in the game.
;p
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I’m not sure how many of you have heard of this horse, but it is hands down the biggest slide in the game.
Truth
yeah
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago With all due respect to the breeder, but I'm shocked to see this son of As Loki Ascends (TS) out of a mare whose dam is a Turf Router get a time as fast as 22.38 at 2f turf!! And it looks like this horse might be a 'freak' galloper given that As Loki Ascends has just one of those, and none of his other good horses look as quick as this one.

Was this just a very unusual random slide? Or was this a case of very clever breeding?

Actually not a freak, which means the freak ALA baby is still to be discovered (by someone other than the owner?)

Wait a second does that horse have BEAGLE in the name?! *sets on fire...
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago With all due respect to the breeder, but I'm shocked to see this son of As Loki Ascends (TS) out of a mare whose dam is a Turf Router get a time as fast as 22.38 at 2f turf!! And it looks like this horse might be a 'freak' galloper given that As Loki Ascends has just one of those, and none of his other good horses look as quick as this one.

Actually not a freak, which means the freak ALA baby is still to be discovered (by someone other than the owner?)

I personally thought it was a GREAT name!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago

👀
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

If we're talking biggest slide, I don't think you can beat the horse that Scott Eiland nicknamed "Slideshow".
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I’m not sure how many of you have heard of this horse, but it is hands down the biggest slide in the game.
Truth
So proud that the Andrew and Dylan boys have nominated Dave Matthews Band as the biggest slide horse in the game. Since slides are associated with active racers and not stud ability and because biggest slide alludes to “coming out of left field”, I would politely question their statement. Because You Never Know did have some ability as did Warehouse as an influencer on the dam side. So is DMB the King of Slydes? Humbly, no. “... ain’t even in the same ballpark...”. jX