Insurance Claim

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Insurance Claim

Post by Stormy Peak »

I think the Sim is evil sometimes....look what it tried to do... I have 2,550 horses and it goes after one of my best, a decent stud who won over $5 Million on the track.
-------------
Good news! Your horse, Mal, was nearly injured, but because you thought ahead and purchased insurance, he is perfectly fine now.
-------------
Mal

He's been insured for a long time....just seems none of my worthless horses ever get targeted... :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Insurance Claim

Post by Sara Julin »

Yes, sometimes it is evil xD It knows which horses you absolutely don't want injured ^^''
Good that Mal is insured, so he dodged that bullet :D
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Are you abusing him?
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Are you abusing him?
Not even close to funny.

I use to work at an animal shelter and have seen animals that survived horrible abuse.
Especially one gentle giant of a dog, named Hank, who was adopted out to a person who looked to be a wonderful dog owner. Hank was a hound x great dane mix. It turned out the man who adopted Hank, used him as a bait dog to train his fighting pit bulls.

Some people heard that fights were going to be set up, and reported it...and the whole thing was shut down before anything else could happen.
Fortunately, we got big, loving, goofy, Hank back before he lost another eye.

I just have a hard time finding any humor when it comes to animal abuse.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Sorry to relate my joke to real animals for you. Please allow me to rephrase.

Are you petting him too much?
;p
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago I think the Sim is evil sometimes....look what it tried to do... I have 2,550 horses and it goes after one of my best, a decent stud who won over $5 Million on the track.
-------------
Good news! Your horse, Mal, was nearly injured, but because you thought ahead and purchased insurance, he is perfectly fine now.
-------------
Mal

He's been insured for a long time....just seems none of my worthless horses ever get targeted... :P

Stormy
My only "stakes" galloping yearling by Vector had this happen. I didn't immediately go to insure him post gallops and 2 days later he was retired due to injury. Now I make sure as soon as I gallop them, I get insurance on all stakes and up runners.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Sorry to relate my joke to real animals for you. Please allow me to rephrase.

lol, I thought your joke was funny, I think people need to lighten up a bit, these are "virtual animals"
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Greg Czechowicz wrote: 2 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Sorry to relate my joke to real animals for you. Please allow me to rephrase.

lol, I thought your joke was funny, I think people need to lighten up a bit, these are "virtual animals"
I’m with you Greg! Sometimes we need to take a big step back!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Greg Czechowicz wrote: 2 years ago

This isn't about 'virtual animals' it's about the term 'abuse' in connection with animals...and for me an insult being asked that, given how many times I have been there to help animals who were abused by others who have no compassion.

I was rather traumatized in my 20s by seeing animals torn apart for the pleasure of human entertainment, or getting broken bones because parents thought it would be ok for their 2 year old to 'play' with a small puppy or kitten. Those kinds of things tend to stay with a person.

I've also cared for animals who were thrown from cars like trash...because they were injured, or sick and the owners didn't want to pay a vet bill to take care of them, the animal was no longer a cute puppy or kitten..and was just left to die of exposure along a highway.

So no, I don't find animal abuse jokes 'funny' and I really don't give a rat's butt what you all think of me for this.

Andrew asking me if I abused an animal.... it turned my stomach - because I've seen real animal abuse and it brought up memories of real animals that I had to hold while they were screeching, or whimpering and shaking in pain, as we transported it to the vet. I have spent a lot of time in my life helping out animals, even adopted 2 animals who were extreme abuse cases and have spend years helping them recover somewhat from their emotional and mental issues.

So yeah...something just are not funny to me.

This thread could have gone another direction...like others talking about their own near misses with the insurance...or when they decide to insure a horse...after breeding a blue hen to a top end stallion...or waiting until that foal gallops....or risking it until the price drops as the foal matures. Rather than someone bringing abuse into it and thinking that is somehow funny.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 years ago

Andrew asking me if I abused an animal....
In his defense he actually didn’t ask if you abused an animal.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Me reading this thread for the first time since seeing the original post by itself:

I have a stable full of cats
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 2 years ago Me reading this thread for the first time since seeing the original post by itself:

Hahahaha accurate
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

EASILY the best thread I’ve seen since returning to the SIM. God how I missed this stuff...
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 2 years ago Me reading this thread for the first time since seeing the original post by itself:

110% 🤣
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt