Multimillion Dollar DR Race Week 9?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Re: Multimillion Dollar DR Race Week 9?

Post by Dom Behan »

Nena Olson » 9 hours ago

So... 3 weeks from the big Dubai races? Is it really not fun to run in 300k races anymore? Ah, to be at that level...

Spot on there, Nena :lol:
Kris Bobby
Classic Contender

Post by Kris Bobby »

I was approached with this idea prior to this thread and thought it was a decent idea, though I didn't have a valid horse to enter. After just reading this thread, I believe the people expressing their concerns have made valid points. As someone who races dirt routers almost exclusively, I believe there may already be enough high purse stakes races. Maybe this concept is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist? Or, if it's just for fun, why not sponsor a $1 million race and have at it there? That way the concerns over inflated stats, whether or not that is the goal of this proposed race, would go away.
RELAX, it's Just a Game
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

So, who is hosting the W12 multi-million dollar DR race to fill the gap between W9 and W16? I mean, I guess if W6-W9 is boring without a mega million dollar race, I cant imagine how you will all survive the 7 week gap. Anyway, have fun with your champagne and caviar. May the best billionaire win!

✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Sounds to me like this is a fun one time thing, not clear what all the fuss is. I see both sides, and I think maybe a purse cap would be good. Doesn't affect me, and if a few horses have a little extra in their earnings then I'll be okay with it. Anyway I at least won't get worked up if it happens.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago So, who is hosting the W12 multi-million dollar DR race to fill the gap between W9 and W16? I mean, I guess if W6-W9 is boring without a mega million dollar race, I cant imagine how you will all survive the 7 week gap. Anyway, have fun with your champagne and caviar. May the best billionaire win!
Hey Nena, with much respect I don't think this was necessary, Nini just had a fun idea and the snark is uncalled for. She also mentioned the big week 12 and 14 races in her first post. I would consider deleting the above post. Best wishes to you and peace to all.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago So, who is hosting the W12 multi-million dollar DR race to fill the gap between W9 and W16? I mean, I guess if W6-W9 is boring without a mega million dollar race, I cant imagine how you will all survive the 7 week gap. Anyway, have fun with your champagne and caviar. May the best billionaire win!

Point taken, mission accomplished.

I wanted to have some fun. I didn’t do my research and this was a misguided idea. It was meant to be a one time thing before I say goodbye to a game I am very fond of.

Maybe I’m just too sensitive, but the snark (not the very excellent points made) in this thread in response was extremely hurtful. I didn’t come in with selfish intentions, just wanted to make a bang before going out.

But I suppose a fizzle might be more apt.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"